Disney Gift Cards with US$ Paypal Account

petbren

DIS Veteran
Rented some of our DVC points this year and I was paid in US $ into my Paypal account.
Trying to switch it into our US $ TD bank account has been a huge hassle and now looks like it cannot be done.
Since Target will accept Paypal, my idea was to purchase the Disney Gift Cards there, and ship them to our Kinek pick up location in Buffalo.
However, when I go to complete my order, it tells me they cannot be shipped to that address.
Other things I was purchasing had no problem.
Anyone have any thoughts ?
How can I use those US $ to purchase Disney Gift Cards??

Rented some of our DVC points this year and I was paid in US $ into my Paypal account.
Trying to switch it into our US $ TD bank account has been a huge hassle and now looks like it cannot be done.
Since Target will accept Paypal, my idea was to purchase the Disney Gift Cards there, and ship them to our Kinek pick up location in Buffalo.
However, when I go to complete my order, it tells me they cannot be shipped to that address.
Other things I was purchasing had no problem.
Anyone have any thoughts ?
How can I use those US $ to purchase Disney Gift Cards??
I just double-checked to be sure this is an option , and it looks like it's possible to go to the Disney Store site and order an e-card and pay using Pay Pal.
This message pops up that might as well be written in Greek for me :P

By selecting PayPal, you will leave DisneyStore.com to complete the order process with PayPal's site. You will be returned to DisneyStore.com with completion of PayPal Payment.
Please review your purchase and delivery details before proceeding.
Please note: PayPal only accepts credit card accounts to be added as new payment methods through our Checkout.

I know that on other sites you can't order a gift card to get shipped to a post office box so this might be the issue with Target as well. Any chance you have a friend stateside who would be willing to act as a middle-man and send it on to you?

I just double-checked to be sure this is an option , and it looks like it's possible to go to the Disney Store site and order an e-card and pay using Pay Pal.
This message pops up that might as well be written in Greek for me :P

You can definitely order e-gift cards with a PayPal. I have done it successfully. :thumbsup2 You will still be required to put in a "dummy" address to complete the order -- it doesn't matter as the cards are being e-mailed. I just put in a Disney hotel address.

I found it easier to set up a US based bank account, rather than a Canadian US fund bank account. Both are attached to my paypal, so any US $$ transactions automatically go to my US bank, and canadian transactions go through the Canadian bank.

Setting up a US based bank account also allows you to pay DVC maintenance fees monthly rather than annually.

I know this is an old post but I would be grateful for any info - I'm in the same position as the original poster, except we're in the UK. Is it a viable option to buy Disney ecards using US dollars from my UK PayPal account. Or could I maybe add the PayPal dollars to an existing Disney gift card?
Thanks for reading :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter