Disney gift card deals

Momtobug2016

Earning My Ears
Has anyone seen any deals on Disney gift cards for Black Friday? I know Target had a deal last year.

Thanks!

The best deal I have found is the $500 gift cards at Sams (not a black Friday deal but good for the month) - cost at Sams: $474.98, 5% cashback from Discover makes the $500 gift card $451.23

It's a great deal for Target gift cards, happy to see they are doing it again this year. Unfortunately you can no longer use the Target Gift Cards to buy the Disney Cards.

I thought you can use them in store but not online? I am so confused anymore about Target. I used to shop their a couple times per month when I would pick up my prescriptions, and spend $100s of dollars, but since they stopped the 5% pharmacy rewards, I only go there about once every 6 weeks now. I'm not boycotting or anything, I just don't need to go there so I spend less money.

I thought you can use them in store but not online? I am so confused anymore about Target. I used to shop their a couple times per month when I would pick up my prescriptions, and spend $100s of dollars, but since they stopped the 5% pharmacy rewards, I only go there about once every 6 weeks now. I'm not boycotting or anything, I just don't need to go there so I spend less money.
What you can use in store is the Red Card to purchase gift cards. I don't think you can do that on line any longer.

I'm not sure you can use Target gift cards in store to purchase other gift cards. I know you can't use the Target gift cards to purchase Disney gift cards online.

It's a great deal for Target gift cards, happy to see they are doing it again this year. Unfortunately you can no longer use the Target Gift Cards to buy the Disney Cards.

What you can use in store is the Red Card to purchase gift cards. I don't think you can do that on line any longer.

I'm not sure you can use Target gift cards in store to purchase other gift cards. I know you can't use the Target gift cards to purchase Disney gift cards online.

You can still use Target Gift Cards in store to purchase 3rd party gift cards (excluding Visa, Amex, etc.). You will not receive any discount on the cards in store. If you make a purchase using part gift card & part RedCard you will get 5% off the amount that is paid for with the RedCard NOT the entire purchase.

You are no longer able to purchase any gift cards online using a Target gift card. It will immediately be cancelled. The are also cancelling orders if you purchase a gift card along with other merchandise and use a gift card (even if your order is $120 & you only use a $5 gift card). It's been this way since August.

I had heard that as well (that you couldn't get the Red Card discount online). A couple of days ago as an experiment, I ordered 2 $100 gift cards online. Got my 5% discount, and the order says it has been shipped and should arrive by Monday.

I had heard that as well (that you couldn't get the Red Card discount online). A couple of days ago as an experiment, I ordered 2 $100 gift cards online. Got my 5% discount, and the order says it has been shipped and should arrive by Monday.

Did you use a Target Redcard or Target gift card for the purchase? I have heard you may no longer use Target gift cards to purchase 3rd party gift cards online, but not sure about Redcard though.

LAX

You can still buy Disney cards online with the Target RedCard and get the 5% discount. You can't use any denomination of Target gift card towards the purchase online. The order will be cancelled.

Did you use a Target Redcard or Target gift card for the purchase? I have heard you may no longer use Target gift cards to purchase 3rd party gift cards online, but not sure about Redcard though.

I used to use discounted Target gift cards combined with my Target Red Card 5% discount. I know that doesn't work anymore. PrincessSmoo had posted that you could get the Red card discount in store but didn't think that still worked online. I just used my Red Card this time.

You can buy your Disney Gift Cards from Best Buy and if you sign up for the rewards program they will give you $5.00 for every 250 points you earn

Last edited:
I purchased a Disney Gift Card online using my Target Red Card just a few weeks ago and got the 5% discount for the purchase. I still don't know if you can purchase them in store using the red card as I haven't do that.

I purchased a Disney Gift Card online using my Target Red Card just a few weeks ago and got the 5% discount for the purchase. I still don't know if you can purchase them in store using the red card as I haven't do that.

I just purchased a Disney GC last week in store using my target red card. I did get the 5% off.

If you live in the Pittsburgh area, Giant Eagle is offering 20 cents off per gallon of gas for every $50 gift card you buy through December 7th. What that equates to is a $100 Disney Gift card would come with $12 in free gas plus we use our Disney Visa and get $2 in rewards. A $100 gift card is essentially $86 (or 14% off) for us.

Not sure how far around the South you will find Winn-Dixie but they are offering 5x fuel perks on gift card purchases Nov 24 & 25

I seem to remember last year that you could only buy something like $300 worth of discounted target gift cards? Trying to get some discounted disney gift cards (beyond the target the 5%) before my PIF date. Any other suggestions would helpful? Thanks.

I am planning to buy several thousand $ in Target gift cards on 12/4, then the next day go in and buy Disney cards with my Target gift cards. I am terrified that when I go to buy the Disney cards they will give me a hard time. Is there any way to verify I will be able to do this prior to attempting this? It is for sure worth it, but I can't end up with thousands in just target gift cards.

I am planning to buy several thousand $ in Target gift cards on 12/4, then the next day go in and buy Disney cards with my Target gift cards. I am terrified that when I go to buy the Disney cards they will give me a hard time. Is there any way to verify I will be able to do this prior to attempting this? It is for sure worth it, but I can't end up with thousands in just target gift cards.

I feel like the best way to verify is try it on a $50 one first.

This is my fear also.... while 10% off is nice, I get 5% as is and I'm just not a gamblin' girl. I'll likely watch everyone's experiences to start and if it seems like it is working for others I may do it later in the day if possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts