• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney gift card deals

This is my fear also.... while 10% off is nice, I get 5% as is and I'm just not a gamblin' girl. I'll likely watch everyone's experiences to start and if it seems like it is working for others I may do it later in the day if possible.

I was the exact same way. Staples for a while was allowing the purchase of Disney gift cards with one of their gift cards. I would buy small amounts on a regular basis at a nice discount. Hit one time where they changed it but luckily was stuck with a small amount. I would be less cautious at Target, as there is always something to spend on there. But I certainly wouldn't buy $2000 worth of target GCs with the sole purpose of buying Disney ones.

This is my fear also.... while 10% off is nice, I get 5% as is and I'm just not a gamblin' girl. I'll likely watch everyone's experiences to start and if it seems like it is working for others I may do it later in the day if possible.

If you have a Chase Freedom card, they're offering 5% cash back on up to $1500 at warehouse clubs. BJ's had (as of my order) $100 cards for $95 with free shipping and you don't need a membership to order them. It's only $1500 per card but it's 10% off with no fuss, no muss, no risk - and they've been doing it every quarter this year.

And if you don't already have the card, it's $150 for opening one. Not a bad bonus - another 10% lol. Just make sure you get the Freedom, and not the Freedom Unlimited.

If you have a Chase Freedom card, they're offering 5% cash back on up to $1500 at warehouse clubs. BJ's had (as of my order) $100 cards for $95 with free shipping and you don't need a membership to order them. It's only $1500 per card but it's 10% off with no fuss, no muss, no risk - and they've been doing it every quarter this year.

And if you don't already have the card, it's $150 for opening one. Not a bad bonus - another 10% lol. Just make sure you get the Freedom, and not the Freedom Unlimited.

We do not have BJ's in Oregon... looks like they are east coast only. :( We have Costco but mine doesn't have the GC's anymore - they used to have Disney ones but its been years since I have seen them there.

We do not have BJ's in Oregon... looks like they are east coast only. :( We have Costco but mine doesn't have the GC's anymore - they used to have Disney ones but its been years since I have seen them there.

But they do ship for free :) I'm in Illinois and not a BJs member, they don't have them here either, but just got a big shipment in. I just checked and the $100 cards are $94.99, in stock, shipping included.

If you are in the Midwest, now through Christmas you get $5 back for every $50 you spend on gift cards at Meijer. I bought a $500 Disney gift card yesterday and got $50 back to use on my next purchase.

But they do ship for free :) I'm in Illinois and not a BJs member, they don't have them here either, but just got a big shipment in. I just checked and the $100 cards are $94.99, in stock, shipping included.
Thanks for posting about this. I have the Chase card and wouldn't have thought to check BJs website as they don't have any here and I wouldn't want to pay a membership fee as that would negate the discount. I just ordered several and may order more before the 5% cash back ends.

You don't have to be a member to order their Disney cards online. I just placed an order for $500 worth of cards and I'm not a member (and we don't have them here in Texas either).

Thanks for posting about this. I have the Chase card and wouldn't have thought to check BJs website as they don't have any here and I wouldn't want to pay a membership fee as that would negate the discount. I just ordered several and may order more before the 5% cash back ends.

Be sure you log into the Ultimate Rewards website and activate the quarterly bonus category. If you don't specifically activate it you will not get the 5% or 5x the points on those purchases.

Ohhh, that is really cool of them! I assumed since it was a warehouse you had to be a member whoops! :) I get my xmas bonus on the 15th, so the timing on this is great to boot, thank you~! :D Now I just need to make sure I send them to work since I don't trust them not to grow feet and walk off from my mailbox this time of year...

This one is still a few weeks away, but I just noticed that warehouse clubs are one of the categories included for Discover Card 5% cash back bonus offer for January-March 2017. If you have a Sam's club membership they sell slightly discounted Disney Gift Cards. With the extra 5% cash back, it ends up being a 10% savings.

Is there a limit to the number of Disney gift cards you can buy from BJs?
There may not be a limit to how many you can buy from BJs, but Chase does have a category limit. You can only get a maximum of $75. cash back during this quarter promo. So, if you spend more than $1500. at the warehouses during the quarter, everything over the first $1500 spent goes back to the normal 1% cash back.

Target gift cards on sale today. It says can't use them on gift cards but I remember that there was a way to get Disney ones? any new advice?

Target gift cards on sale today. It says can't use them on gift cards but I remember that there was a way to get Disney ones? any new advice?
And there was a 300.00 limit per household when I bought them today.

You have to go IN STORE to purchase the Disney gift cards with the Target gift card, although some posters have said their stores won't let them do that either. Just go to a different cashier if there's an issue and tell them to try it.

BTW, the Target GCs aren't active for use until tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter