Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s awesome. I need to do this tonight! How long does the sale go for?
Don't know how long it lasts? If interested, I suggest you act on them.

Do you recall what the threshold is for whether or not the card shipments require a signature on delivery?
Don't recall if I needed to sign for the last time (only $800 last order)? I checked my previous emails and didn't see any mention of a signature required.

I was just going to say this. I have my gift cards all combined to the $1000 max and pay my room charge upon check in. We do not put a cc on file when we check in. I just don't like having to worry about what we put on our magic bands. I pay for meals and souvenirs as we purchase them with DGCs. It's just easier for me to keep track that way. I save my receipts and wrap them around whatever gift card I use so I can monitor the balances.
Could you explain this a little further? We like to charge our purchases on our magic bands, and then use our gift cards to pay off those room charges. We usually stop at the front desk each morning before starting our day (pay the previous day’s charges, get breakfast, stop in the room, and then off to the parks). I’m trying to figure out how to do this with the new credit card holds. So you use a gift card at check-in instead of a credit card? How does that work? Does it put a credit on your account?

Re: Targeted Offers

This is what really blows, Save 10% on purchases at Lowe’s up to $12 with a targeted Chase Offer. Points to Neverland states "We did not find this offer across our 9 accounts."

Nine Chase accounts. Nine. Think about it, that's a lot of cc's not to have this offer. :confused3

Link: https://pointstoneverland.com/targeted-chase-offers-10-off-disney-gift-cards-at-lowes/
That is annoying. I had it on one card so I can’t complain, but I was hoping it would’ve been on the freedom card so I could get the extra category spend lol.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I just received an email from BJ's that the $500 Disney gift card is available online for $464.99 for the next 3 days (thru May 5, I assume) to members. That's a 7% discount.
Is this for a physical card or an egift card? I'm 2 weeks out for our May trip and it seems to me that BJs is sometimes not the quickest deliverer.

Is this for a physical card or an egift card? I'm 2 weeks out for our May trip and it seems to me that BJs is sometimes not the quickest deliverer.

It is a physical card, and they can be a hit or miss with the delivery, for the most I get them in 3 days, longest was 5, that is actually pretty good IMHO.....

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I just received an email from BJ's that the $500 Disney gift card is available online for $464.99 for the next 3 days (thru May 5, I assume) to members. That's a 7% discount.
Bless you for posting this! You are an angel, I was going to wait for the holidays to see what they came out with, but that is so nerve racking with a trip in Dec.! I may as well take advantage now, since those holiday deals are not guaranteed, anyway. I'm buying $5000, so this with my cc is 9% savings. Not too shabby!

I got to order all my GC, too, just now! I decided I needed to email the person I'm renting DVC points from to see if he was willing to use Disney GC to pay for the dining plan for me. I was getting nervous hoping he would get back to me in time. He got back to me right away, and said no problem, so I was able to order them. One less thing to worry about! Thanks to all you guys for always giving me the best info.!

The last time I did it, BJ's sent a physical gift card. I assume its still the same. I think it came in about 5 days. In your case, I'd probably chance it. Worst case you save it for next time, if you think you're going back.

It is a physical card, and they can be a hit or miss with the delivery, for the most I get them in 3 days, longest was 5, that is actually pretty good IMHO.....

The last time I did it, BJ's sent a physical gift card. I assume its still the same. I think it came in about 5 days. In your case, I'd probably chance it. Worst case you save it for next time, if you think you're going back.
Thanks! I went ahead and put the order through last night so I'm hoping for the best. I do have another trip in September and again in December and I shouldn't need the $500 from this DGC anyway.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I just received an email from BJ's that the $500 Disney gift card is available online for $464.99 through May 4 to members. That's a 7% discount.

Made a minor change to my original post. Received another email from BJ's today indicating the final day is May 4 (I originally posted May 5)

Since there are lots of Landry's GC users here, if you pay with GCs, do you not earn points for Landry's select on that part of your meal?

Since there are lots of Landry's GC users here, if you pay with GCs, do you not earn points for Landry's select on that part of your meal?

Yeah I found that out a few years ago. Our waiter knew we were paying with gift cards and still urged us to go for the landrys points instead of AP discount (can't do both). I was annoyed when I found out. But not sure we would have gotten the AP discount when paying with gift cards anyway. They're really stringent with "1 discount" it seems.

There's two membership types at BJ's now, an online only membership for $10 and then the full membership where you can shop online and instore for the $55+ (depending on the level you select). They've been doing $20 or $25 deals on the full membership lately but they introduced the $10 online type last fall when they stopped selling GC's to the public.

I never knew that. When I was looking into BJ membership prior to posting nothing else popped up. Now I see the options available. Thanks for pointing that out, literally! :laughing:

upload_2019-5-3_13-25-59.png

For anyone interested, here's the link:
https://www.bjs.com/membershipEnroll

Yeah I found that out a few years ago. Our waiter knew we were paying with gift cards and still urged us to go for the landrys points instead of AP discount (can't do both). I was annoyed when I found out. But not sure we would have gotten the AP discount when paying with gift cards anyway. They're really stringent with "1 discount" it seems.
I've gotten AP discount when paying with GCs before. Guess I should switch back to that, even though we order mostly apps and so it only saves us $1.90 on DHs entree lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter