Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is pa? I have 75 dollars I’d like to convert asap-I near philly, can go to Plymouth meeting, Kop or Springfield.

Selinsgrove PA
Let me know if you are successful. If I can’t get them there, I’m going to have to try another store. Could always do a road trip to IKEA!

Just struck out in Beaverton, OR... Was told they instituted a new policy yesterday of no gift card purchases with B.B. gift cards (tried to buy a $50 fixed amount Disney gift card).

Will try one other location tonight. Worried I may be stuck with $300 in B.B. gift cards now!!!

If you don’t mind my asking, which BB was this? I tried the Cedar Hills Blvd store this afternoon and was going to try either Washington Square or Tanasbourne on Saturday. Thought I’d try adding something else in with my gift card purchase to see if that works.

I tried Washington Square, and just went to Nyberg... Neither worked. Thinking about trying Vancouver this weekend, as I’m wondering if this is an Oregon issue?!?!

Edited to add: Apparently I won’t be going to Vancouver - they don’t have any stores there!!!! Guess they know people will go over the river to avoid sales tax! Let me know if you have any luck elsewhere!

If you don’t mind my asking, which BB was this? I tried the Cedar Hills Blvd store this afternoon and was going to try either Washington Square or Tanasbourne on Saturday. Thought I’d try adding something else in with my gift card purchase to see if that works.

Last edited:
I found out something odd at Best Buy the other day myself (Taylor, MI). I was trying to buy a $310 variable load card Sunday. She could not even start the process when keying in $310 for the amount. After trying a second card she went and asked someone and they told her there was a new policy that no more than $200 could be placed on any one gift card. So we tried one for $200 and the other for $110 and sure enough it worked. I was able to use my gift cards to pay too.

Kinda scared about these new no GC to GC reports though.
Fwiw there is a mini-sign that’s a part of the gift card display rack at our Best Buy that states you can’t load more than $200 onto gift cards so imho that’s not unusual.

NOOOOOO!!!! I was just getting comfortable with BestBuy gift cards to Disney gift cards. SO glad I stuck with my rules of not buying a Best Buy gift card if I can’t flip it that day (I don’t want to be stuck with Best Buy). I passed on the $300 offer until my store got Disney back in stock since I couldn’t flip it that day. Make your gift card churning rules and stick to them! This is a sad reminder to STAY CAUTIOUS in the gift card churning game everyone. This game literally changes over night. (I say this all for our Newbies here, the Vets here know these things better than I!) Super happy some people are still flipping cards with Best Buy, very bummed for anyone stuck though & I hope you don’t stay stuck long!

Has anyone tried to redeem Best Buy Rewards since this started?

I redeemed my SB just today. They’re pending. Is there any way to cancel that order?

I tried at Best Buy tonight, and no dice. The employee was all ready to scan the gc, no issues from him whatsoever, but it was the computer that rejected the purchase. So it seems it's on a corporate level. I didn't think to try to buy something else with it, but I always buy an amount above the BB gc and pay the rest out of pocket, and no dice.

Also, a friend of mine tried at Walmart about 3 days ago and no dice there either. She tried to purchase a Disney gc along with another item using Walmart Pay with gcs loaded in there. The register deducted the amount of the other item from Walmart Pay, and was told she owed the rest. I don't know if Sam's Club is doing the same or not yet.

What state are you in?

I tried at Best Buy tonight, and no dice. The employee was all ready to scan the gc, no issues from him whatsoever, but it was the computer that rejected the purchase. So it seems it's on a corporate level. I didn't think to try to buy something else with it, but I always buy an amount above the BB gc and pay the rest out of pocket, and no dice.

Also, a friend of mine tried at Walmart about 3 days ago and no dice there either. She tried to purchase a Disney gc along with another item using Walmart Pay with gcs loaded in there. The register deducted the amount of the other item from Walmart Pay, and was told she owed the rest. I don't know if Sam's Club is doing the same or not yet.

NOOOOOO!!!! I was just getting comfortable with BestBuy gift cards to Disney gift cards. SO glad I stuck with my rules of not buying a Best Buy gift card if I can’t flip it that day (I don’t want to be stuck with Best Buy). I passed on the $300 offer until my store got Disney back in stock since I couldn’t flip it that day. Make your gift card churning rules and stick to them! This is a sad reminder to STAY CAUTIOUS in the gift card churning game everyone. This game literally changes over night. (I say this all for our Newbies here, the Vets here know these things better than I!) Super happy some people are still flipping cards with Best Buy, very bummed for anyone stuck though & I hope you don’t stay stuck long!

Has anyone tried to redeem Best Buy Rewards since this started?
Me too. Might have to do some creative budgeting if I end up stuck with these. About $275 which stinks but I'll stash them for when we move out or for Christmas and move the cash to the Disney fund. Actually, maybe I'll trade them for the cash we got as wedding gifts... I've kept it separate so we have it saved for when we move out and we need to set up a new place. I could stick them in there and take the equivalent cash... I know there's some electronics we'll be getting :rolleyes1

So I have not tried today, but if it doesn’t work can I exchange a gift card with receipt to a store? If the gift card is unopened?

Was just going to buy $200 worth of Best Buy gift cards next week. Still have $50 in Best Buy gift cards from Swagbucks. Will try to cash out on my last $50 Disney gift card tomorrow. If not I’m buying a laptop soon from Best Buy so it won’t go to waste. Still wanted to use my Swagbucks to pay for my Disney trip. I’m horrible at saving and buying gift cards would definitely help me .

Was just going to buy $200 worth of Best Buy gift cards next week. Still have $50 in Best Buy gift cards from Swagbucks. Will try to cash out on my last $50 Disney gift card tomorrow. If not I’m buying a laptop soon from Best Buy so it won’t go to waste. Still wanted to use my Swagbucks to pay for my Disney trip. I’m horrible at saving and buying gift cards would definitely help me .

You can still cash out SB for for PayPal and use that money to buy $50 gcs in store at Best Buy. Hopefully the 500 bonus sb will still work on gc purchases.

Me too. Might have to do some creative budgeting if I end up stuck with these. About $275 which stinks but I'll stash them for when we move out or for Christmas and move the cash to the Disney fund. Actually, maybe I'll trade them for the cash we got as wedding gifts... I've kept it separate so we have it saved for when we move out and we need to set up a new place. I could stick them in there and take the equivalent cash... I know there's some electronics we'll be getting :rolleyes1
It’s kinda surprising what you can find at Best Buy. Sonicare toothbrushes are what surprised me. Also games, vacuums & other random appliances... Can always use the gift cards as Xmas gifts or Wedding gifts for others if the opportunity presents itself before you move!

Busy with work these past few days. Just had a minute to catch up on this board. Just did $600 in BB gift cards off the cashstar deal this weekend.

Last night went to BB and did 6 - $50gcs, no issue. The store was busy and I didn't want to be a bother, so I figured I'd do the rest in a couple more days. No clue all this was going on with BB maybe not taking GC for GC purchases. Man, I'm praying I can convert the 350 I have left!

ETA, my store that worked last night was in upstate SC

Last edited:
You can’t pay for gift cards with your gift card balance using Walmart Pay. This is not new. If you print off your gift card you can use it at the register though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter