Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you mean Disney Vacation Account?

Thanks for letting me know about ebates and topcashback. I keep forgetting to use the first and I didn't know about the second. And even if they aren't consistent, it doesn't take too much time to go to them first
Yes I did.

Sorry, have DVC on my mind today.

Can someone explain the gift card balance site? :rolleyes1

I started out with a $50 Disney GC. The last entry has 2/16, $19.31, Credit. I assumed this means I have $19.31 left on the card. I go into my DVA and use this card to deposit $19.31. I go back and check the balance, it's showing 5/12, $0.65, Credit! If I add up all the Credit lines, I get $69.54! So each line has to be showing the remaining balance of the card, not how much was used.

AHHHH - I'm still not getting it...do I use the Redcard at Raise.com? If I'm purchasing target store cards and then want to use that to purchase disney cards, at what point do I get the 5% off w/ the Redard?

I know this should be simple, but my brain has been very taxed this week at work.... My apologies.

I appreciate your help & thank you for your patience!
Others have explained in detail, but just wanted to clarify that you use a regular credit or debit card at Raise.com to buy the Target gift cards. The Redcard can only be used at Target and is for when you are buying the Disney cards on Target.com. The tricky bit is that you don't need to actually use the Redcard to pay at Target.com, but it must be on your account as the default payment. Then during checkout you add the Target gift cards as an alternative payment method. I hope I'm not confusing you more!

For anyone who shops for Target GC at Fred Meyer (a Kroger store) -- they no longer carry them at the stores in SW Washington. I checked the one a few minutes from my house and the girl at the register said they "stopped carrying because of issues". She couldn't remember what they were but I was willing to drive to the next town over but I called their CS who verified they don't carry them either. I called the next 5 stores (some in Washington and one in Oregon) and they don't have them either. Maybe this is a well known thing? I don't know. For now I will have to go to Safeway for the Target GC which actually works better because I believe Amex Blue considers Fred Meyer a "wholesale" store and only give 1% back on it. I don't think Safeway does many 4x fuel promotions like Kroger/Fred Meyer but it will do!

For anyone who shops for Target GC at Fred Meyer (a Kroger store) -- they no longer carry them at the stores in SW Washington. I checked the one a few minutes from my house and the girl at the register said they "stopped carrying because of issues". She couldn't remember what they were but I was willing to drive to the next town over but I called their CS who verified they don't carry them either. I called the next 5 stores (some in Washington and one in Oregon) and they don't have them either. Maybe this is a well known thing? I don't know. For now I will have to go to Safeway for the Target GC which actually works better because I believe Amex Blue considers Fred Meyer a "wholesale" store and only give 1% back on it. I don't think Safeway does many 4x fuel promotions like Kroger/Fred Meyer but it will do!

Interesting. I wonder what the issues are. I'm in the Portland area and having been buying my Target gift cards at Safeway. I tried to use a gift card last Saturday at Target in store to pay for a prescription, since there is no 5% Redcard discount on prescriptions. Neither one of my gift cards purchased at Safeway would scan. The cashier and the pharmacist both tried entering the number in manually without success. Later that day I ordered something online and had no trouble with the card at all.

You're right about Amex Blue categorizing Fred Meyer as a "wholesale" store. When I opened by Amex Blue account last summer I stopped shopping at Fred Meyer and switched to Safeway so I could get the 6% cash back at grocery stores, plus 2X on gift cards. Safeway occasionally runs a 4X promotion, but not as often as Kroger/Fred Meyer. I hope Safeway doesn't discontinue offering Target gift cards. That gets me a bigger discount than Raise at this point.

:yay: Hi to somebody who understands my Amex plight ! We 3 Safeways and 1 FM near us and eventhough FM is the least convenient it is where I prefer to shop. Our Safeways have mile long slow moving lines that make me crazy-- and I learned to strongly dislike a handful of their checkers post my extreme couponing stint a few years back. I guess it is worth it to go back for the 6%. If only Safeway carried Fred Meyer GC :teeth: I am trying to calculate the break even point for a raise gift card... I swear I have calculated our so many scenarios of buying different gift cards at different places to take advantage of the credit card rewards my head is spinning!

I'm in VA. I bought a target gift cards at Kroger on Sunday. They didn't have any variable load ones. I checked tonight and the supply was low but they still had Some target gift cards. I really hope they don't stop carrying them.

You do not have to actually use your RedCard at the Target checkout to get the 5% off. It only needs to be set as your default payment.

Say you buy a $100 Target gift card from Raise, to buy $100 of Disney cards. As long as your default method is your RedCard, your discount will be applied and the total price from Target.com will be $95. Pay all of that with the Target gift card and you have $5 remaining to go towards a future purchase.

Did that help?

Others have explained in detail, but just wanted to clarify that you use a regular credit or debit card at Raise.com to buy the Target gift cards. The Redcard can only be used at Target and is for when you are buying the Disney cards on Target.com. The tricky bit is that you don't need to actually use the Redcard to pay at Target.com, but it must be on your account as the default payment. Then during checkout you add the Target gift cards as an alternative payment method. I hope I'm not confusing you more!

Believe it or not... I think I get it!!! :thanks::thanks::thanks: Amazing how a different environment can help me figure this out!!! :hippie: I've created accounts at all 4 vendors and topcashback was actually giving 2% to link to Raise! woo-hoo!!! :yay:

One question so far as I go through this... on Raise, some of these Target gift cards appear to be e-cards. Is that OK? Won't mess me up, will it? I guess I really would prefer an e-gift card because it's quicker....Right? :listen::listen::listen:

And, now I have another question: On Target,my Redcard is my default payment (I did confirm), but I don't see the 5% discount...I'm simulating a purchase (won't actually finalize this order until I have my Target gift card), and have made it through to the enter payment info at check out. It still shows the full price of the gift card. Wondering if I did something wrong? :confused3

Thanks for all your help everyone!!!! :love1: I'm excited about this & look forward to see how much I can save! :teacher: It's a hunt now!!!!

Last edited:
Create accounts at the following
Topcashback.com
raise.com
ebates.com
target.com and get the the redcard either debit or credit

Follow these steps
1) Go to topcashback.com and click the link to raise.com (This will give 1% cash back)
2) purchase target giftcard at raise.com (use your favorite cashback or rewards CC) (This will give you anywhere from a 4 to 9% discount plus what ever rewards you get from your CC)
3) go to ebates.com and click the link to target.com (This will give you 2% cashback)
4) Log into Target and place a Disney GC in cart
5) Select redcard as your payment type and click save. You should now see a 5% discount in your cart
6) now click the pay with gift card link and enter one or more gift cards until the balance owed is zero or close to it.
7) Complete purchase and wait for mail.
8) Enter your GC into the Disney Vacation Account (This will give you a $20 bonus GC for $1000 you spend on your vacation)

1% TopcashBack
4 to 9% Raise
1 to 4% from your CC
2% from ebates
5% from Target
2% from DVA

This is TOTALLY what I needed!!!!! Thank you SO VERY, VERY MUCH, Davper!!!! :dogdance::dogdance::dogdance: I got this! :rockband:

....well, I do have two questions...see my pink & purple fonts in the post immediately above...

Again - really appreciate that you posted all this information!

Last edited:
Believe it or not... I think I get it!!! :thanks::thanks::thanks: Amazing how a different environment can help me figure this out!!! :hippie: I've created accounts at all 4 vendors and topcashback was actually giving 2% to link to Raise! woo-hoo!!! :yay:

One question so far as I go through this... on Raise, some of these Target gift cards appear to be e-cards. Is that OK? Won't mess me up, will it? I guess I really would prefer an e-gift card because it's quicker....Right? :listen::listen::listen:

And, now I have another question: On Target,my Redcard is my default payment (I did confirm), but I don't see the 5% discount...I'm simulating a purchase (won't actually finalize this order until I have my Target gift card), and have made it through to the enter payment info at check out. It still shows the full price of the gift card. Wondering if I did something wrong? :confused3

Thanks for all your help everyone!!!! :love1: I'm excited about this & look forward to see how much I can save! :teacher: It's a hunt now!!!!
1: I use e cards all the time. no problems there at all

2: Most of the time I have to click through payment (redcard) and then the discount shows up. Instead of hitting "submit", I click on the "payment" part of the process and it brings me back to selecting credit cards etc... and I enter the gift cards.

ETA: On the top left when checking out it shows your cart-->shipping-->Billing-->Review->Done. I have to get to the review and place order part before the discount shows up and then I click on billing to change my payment and the discount stays.

Does anyone know if you can use a pre paid gift card to purchase cards on raise? I'm thinking of starting the process with e trip to Safeway to get the 6%back on "grocery" purchases (aka visa giftcards)

How long does snail mail take to get the Disney gift cards?

Wow, I thought I was doing great with my 5% in-store Target red card discount before I read about the target.com option with discounted target gift cards. I tried it just now with one from Cardpool and it WORKED. So exciting!

I was reluctant to try it with the Raise egiftcards because their site says "Gift cards may not be used toward the purchase of other gift cards." Is that just something they say to cover themselves but actually it isn't true?

Thanks for all this great info. Never heard of Raise til I read about it on this thread. Just used this to purchase Target gc , then used those cards to buy the Disney gc ;worked very well. There is a code on RetailMeNot for $5 off your first purchase from Raise.

Wow, I thought I was doing great with my 5% in-store Target red card discount before I read about the target.com option with discounted target gift cards. I tried it just now with one from Cardpool and it WORKED. So exciting!

I was reluctant to try it with the Raise egiftcards because their site says "Gift cards may not be used toward the purchase of other gift cards." Is that just something they say to cover themselves but actually it isn't true?
That's Target's policy but most interpret it to mean that you cannot purchase a Target GC or a pre-paid Visa/MasterCard with a Target GC. I've never had a problem ordering Disney GCs online and paying with a Target GC.

Just bought a Target eGC at GiftcardZen.com for 5% off. Seems to be the best discount right now, Raise was offering 4.5% and others were offering smaller discounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter