Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...First time I'm giving this consideration. Please verify I'm correct with my understanding.

1. Go online to raise.com (or other website), purchase a Target gift card at a discount rate.
  2. Take aforementioned card and use to purchase a Disney card?
Think I'm confused because then I would not use my Red card and get that 5% off.

Please help. Thank you in advance.

Ok...First time I'm giving this consideration. Please verify I'm correct with my understanding.

1. Go online to raise.com (or other website), purchase a Target gift card at a discount rate.
  2. Take aforementioned card and use to purchase a Disney card?
Think I'm confused because then I would not use my Red card and get that 5% off.

Please help. Thank you in advance.
You're just missing 2 more steps:
3) Make sure your Redcard is set as your default payment.
4) At checkout, click "Pay with a Target giftcard" and enter the gift card number.

You will still get the Redcard discount this way.

Thank you greentea for helping me out. But is there anyway to buy the gift cards at a Target store with the Target gift cards?

There have been reports of unactivated cards coming from Target, so I wanted to avoid that by getting them in person, where they activate them in front of you.

Thank you greentea for helping me out. But is there anyway to buy the gift cards at a Target store with the Target gift cards?

There have been reports of unactivated cards coming from Target, so I wanted to avoid that by getting them in person, where they activate them in front of you.
Only if you forgo the 5% savings.

What havaneslover said, you can only get the Redcard discount when paying with giftcards if you do this online. I understand the concern about unactivated cards, and it sounds like a huge pain to deal with, but I've made several orders in the past couple months and all of them have been fine.

I have ordered about $2000 in the last 2 months without coming across any inactivated cards. I check them immediately to make sure.

I have ordered about $2000 in the last 2 months without coming across any inactivated cards. I check them immediately to make sure.
How do you check them to make sure they are activated? I had almost $250 in Target gift cards from returning gifts, so I used them to purchase Disney GC's online - free Disney $$!

How do you check them to make sure they are activated? I had almost $250 in Target gift cards from returning gifts, so I used them to purchase Disney GC's online - free Disney $$!
Disney gift card app, disneygiftcard.com or when you deposit them in a DVA.

You're just missing 2 more steps:
3) Make sure your Redcard is set as your default payment.
4) At checkout, click "Pay with a Target giftcard" and enter the gift card number.

You will still get the Redcard discount this way.

AHHHH - I'm still not getting it...do I use the Redcard at Raise.com? If I'm purchasing target store cards and then want to use that to purchase disney cards, at what point do I get the 5% off w/ the Redard?

I know this should be simple, but my brain has been very taxed this week at work.... My apologies.

I appreciate your help & thank you for your patience!

AHHHH - I'm still not getting it...do I use the Redcard at Raise.com? If I'm purchasing target store cards and then want to use that to purchase disney cards, at what point do I get the 5% off w/ the Redard?

I know this should be simple, but my brain has been very taxed this week at work.... My apologies.

No, you don't use the Redcard at Raise. Do you have the cards in your cart at Target.com? Is your Redcard set as the default payment method (and you are logged in the site?) Have you entered the Target gift cards? On the final screen you should see the discount.

Are you log in to your Target.com account? sometimes I don't see the discount unless I am (and make sure you have your default payment set as your Target redcard.)

You do not have to actually use your RedCard at the Target checkout to get the 5% off. It only needs to be set as your default payment.

Say you buy a $100 Target gift card from Raise, to buy $100 of Disney cards. As long as your default method is your RedCard, your discount will be applied and the total price from Target.com will be $95. Pay all of that with the Target gift card and you have $5 remaining to go towards a future purchase.

Did that help?

Create accounts at the following
Topcashback.com
raise.com
ebates.com
target.com and get the the redcard either debit or credit

Follow these steps
1) Go to topcashback.com and click the link to raise.com (This will give 1% cash back)
2) purchase target giftcard at raise.com (use your favorite cashback or rewards CC) (This will give you anywhere from a 4 to 9% discount plus what ever rewards you get from your CC)
3) go to ebates.com and click the link to target.com (This will give you 2% cashback)
4) Log into Target and place a Disney GC in cart
5) Select redcard as your payment type and click save. You should now see a 5% discount in your cart
6) now click the pay with gift card link and enter one or more gift cards until the balance owed is zero or close to it.
7) Complete purchase and wait for mail.
8) Enter your GC into the Disney Vacation Account (This will give you a $20 bonus GC for $1000 you spend on your vacation)

1% TopcashBack
4 to 9% Raise
1 to 4% from your CC
2% from ebates
5% from Target
2% from DVA

Last edited:
Topcashback.com
raise.com
ebates.com

Follow these steps
1) Go to topcashback.com and click the link to raise.com (This will give 1% cash back)
2) purchase target giftcard at raise.com (use your favorite cashback or rewards CC) (This will give you anywhere from a 4 to 9% discount plus what ever rewards you get from your CC)
3) go to ebates.com and click the link to target.com (This will give you 2% cashback)
5) Select redcard as your payment type and click save. You should now see a 5% discount in your cart
6) now click the pay with gift card link and enter one or more gift cards until the balance owed is zero or close to it.
8) Enter your GC into the Disney Vacation Club (This will give you a $20 bonus GC for $1000 you spend on your vacation)

1% TopcashBack
4 to 9% Raise
1 to 4% from your CC
2% from ebates
5% from Target
2% from DVA

Topcashback.com
raise.com
ebates.com

Follow these steps
8) Enter your GC into the Disney Vacation Club (This will give you a $20 bonus GC for $1000 you spend on your vacation)

1% TopcashBack
4 to 9% Raise
1 to 4% from your CC
2% from ebates
5% from Target
2% from DVA

Perhaps a bit OT but I am DVC & purchase my tickets through UT, can I just use the DVA for dining?

Perhaps a bit OT but I am DVC & purchase my tickets through UT, can I just use the DVA for dining?

DVA can give you up to a $1000 gift card to use for dining. But I am not sure you get the $20 bonus card this way.

Did you mean Disney Vacation Account?

Thanks for letting me know about ebates and topcashback. I keep forgetting to use the first and I didn't know about the second. And even if they aren't consistent, it doesn't take too much time to go to them first

Did you mean Disney Vacation Account?

Thanks for letting me know about ebates and topcashback. I keep forgetting to use the first and I didn't know about the second. And even if they aren't consistent, it doesn't seem to take too much time to go to them first

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter