Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who shop at Giant Eagle. They are doing double fuel perks on all retailer gift cards again!

Looks like Kroger is running 4x fuel points again - this Fri/Sat/Sun only. There is a digital coupon you have to download in order to get the discount. Yay!!!

Jodie

Thanks for your response! I know in the store they will not take a visa credit card, BUT they will online and they have the $150 packs of Disney gift cards online for about 5% savings so I was thinking of doing that if I could get the 2% on my Disney visa (instead of going to Target and paying with my red card)
Discount warehouses are not typically coded at Grocery merchants. I didn't think Walmart was either (unless it was an actual Walmart grocery maybe) but you never know...

Question about using Gift Cards for paying Resort Room Charges - I will have a stack of $50 gift cards to use toward our resort room. We have a room only reservation. Do I present the gift cards at check-in or when we check out? Thanks!

Question about using Gift Cards for paying Resort Room Charges - I will have a stack of $50 gift cards to use toward our resort room. We have a room only reservation. Do I present the gift cards at check-in or when we check out? Thanks!
If you're referring to the charges for your resort room stay, and not incidental charges made to your folio by charging to your MB, the answer is to pay for your room at check in.

If you are planning to pay for your room with gift cards at check-in, be sure you do not do online check-in with a credit card on file. If you do, your room balance will automatically be charged to your credit card the morning you are due to check-in.

I requested my bonus at the beginning of April for our trip June 4th. I never got any type of email confirmation that I requested it. I emailed them through the DVA site last Monday and heard nothing back. I called DVA two days ago and all the CM could do was send a request to somebody. I have not heard back from anyone yet! I'm disappointed with the lack of customer service turn around time!

ok I have a question... if I have a target gift card good for mmm lets say $160 and go to target and want to purchase $200 worth of disney gc... can I pay part of my purchase with the target gf and the rest charge it to my redcard? If so, obviously I will only get the discount (5%) off the remaining balance, right?

ok I have a question... if I have a target gift card good for mmm lets say $160 and go to target and want to purchase $200 worth of disney gc... can I pay part of my purchase with the target gf and the rest charge it to my redcard? If so, obviously I will only get the discount (5%) off the remaining balance, right?
You got it!

But...if you went on Target .com and ordered 4 $50 GCs, you could actually get the 5% off of the entire amount. So, instead of getting 5% off of $40 at the store (a savings of $2), you would get 5% off of $200 online (a savings of $10).

It may not seem to be a huge difference, but if you're spending $2K on your Disney vacation, you would save a total of $100 doing the online method vs. $20 in store.

FYI - there is a deal on my Amex card where I get $20 statement credit if I spend $20 or more at Sams Club online. For those who buy Disney gift cards at Sams, it should help some.

Jodie

You got it!

But...if you went on Target .com and ordered 4 $50 GCs, you could actually get the 5% off of the entire amount. So, instead of getting 5% off of $40 at the store (a savings of $2), you would get 5% off of $200 online (a savings of $10).

It may not seem to be a huge difference, but if you're spending $2K on your Disney vacation, you would save a total of $100 doing the online method vs. $20 in store.

Yes, I even just got the redcard to take advantage of the 5% but I was thinking in case I got good value from Raise or similar website

Yes, I even just got the redcard to take advantage of the 5% but I was thinking in case I got good value from Raise or similar website
Um..no.

You pay with the Target GC online but if the Target REDCard is your default payment, there's a way to get the 5% off your entire purchase.

Read this thread. The information on how to do it is spelled out a number of times.

I requested my bonus at the beginning of April for our trip June 4th. I never got any type of email confirmation that I requested it. I emailed them through the DVA site last Monday and heard nothing back. I called DVA two days ago and all the CM could do was send a request to somebody. I have not heard back from anyone yet! I'm disappointed with the lack of customer service turn around time!

I requested mine towards the end of April for a departure date of June 5th and I just got an email this afternoon stating it will be shipped out tomorrow.

Did you get an email yet? Check your spam folder also, I was receiving some of my DVA emails there at first.

If you are planning to pay for your room with gift cards at check-in, be sure you do not do online check-in with a credit card on file. If you do, your room balance will automatically be charged to your credit card the morning you are due to check-in.
Thank you! This is the catch that I was missing.

I requested mine towards the end of April for a departure date of June 5th and I just got an email this afternoon stating it will be shipped out tomorrow.

Did you get an email yet? Check your spam folder also, I was receiving some of my DVA emails there at first.

I just got the email this afternoon. When I submitted my request I had over $3000 worth of purchases. My email states they are sending out a $20 gift card. I haven't had time to call.

In store, yes. Online, you should get 5% off the whole thing. (unless rules change again)

Isn't it better to pay in advance of arrival now or is the direct to room check in not active? I haven't looked into that much yet.

Yes, I do think it is best to pay in advance of arrival and take advantage of the direct-to-room check-in. When we went last month, it was our first time using the direct-to-room service. We had a room only reservation and a stack of gift cards to pay for it. I usually do call and give the gift card numbers over the phone before we leave, but I didn't have time before this trip. I went to the resort late on the night before we were due to check-in because I was afraid my credit card would be charged as soon as their computer system turned over at 7am. (I had called several times and could not get a straight answer on that.) Unfortunately, the Disney computer system was not working properly and would not process the cards. So, the CM put a lengthy note in my reservation file for the room assigner not to charge my cc, blah, blah, blah. First thing next morning, I called the 1-800 number and paid off the balance with the gift cards. While I was on the phone, I got the text with my room number. When we got to the resort a few hours later, I went to the front desk and my cc had also been charged. They made it right, but it was a hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter