Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping for a bigger discount, but we received the Target toy catalog and it had a coupon for a $5 Target gc when you spend $30 on toys. We had to buy a bday gift for tonight anyway so I turned right around and bought a $25 Disney gc with the $5 Target gc and my Discover card for an additional 10% off. Still thought I'd share in case anyone else gets the catalog - don't throw it out!

I was hoping for a bigger discount, but we received the Target toy catalog and it had a coupon for a $5 Target gc when you spend $30 on toys. We had to buy a bday gift for tonight anyway so I turned right around and bought a $25 Disney gc with the $5 Target gc and my Discover card for an additional 10% off. Still thought I'd share in case anyone else gets the catalog - don't throw it out!
I got 3 toy catalogs, I had the $5 offer and one and $10 with a purchase of $50 of toys, games, sporting goods or kids arts and crafts, on the other two catalogs.

Still waiting for catalog. I was hoping I'd get it by today as I have a couple b-day presents to buy as well tomorrow. Been kicking myself for not thinking of it couple weeks ago when they had the coupon in the ad.

What is the 10% discover deal? Thanks!

I got 3 toy catalogs, I had the $5 offer and one and $10 with a purchase of $50 of toys, games, sporting goods or kids arts and crafts, on the other two catalogs.

Three catalogs?! That's awesome. I'll have to keep an eye out for others.

What is the 10% discover deal? Thanks!

Discover is doing 5% cashback right now at Amazon.com and Target. New users receive an additional 5% back at the end of their first year.

Is it still possible to buy a Disney GC with a target GC in store?

IF Target does the 10% off target GCs one day in Dec again, I'm hoping to buy the max with my discover card (5% back) and then turn around and buy Disney GCs. Can my hubby do this too?

Is it still possible to buy a Disney GC with a target GC in store?

IF Target does the 10% off target GCs one day in Dec again, I'm hoping to buy the max with my discover card (5% back) and then turn around and buy Disney GCs. Can my hubby do this too?

Depends on the store.

Most still allow it, but a growing number aren't.

Using self-checkout will increase your odds of success.

Does anyone know how many Walmart GCs I can use on a Sam's online order for Disney GC? I might be purchasing $500 Disney GC using Walmart GC to get the UR points. The Walmart GCs only come in denominations up to $200. So for $480, I would need (2) $200, (1) $50, and (1) $30.

ETA: Does Ebates credit for Walmart or Sam's GC?

Does anyone know how many Walmart GCs I can use on a Sam's online order for Disney GC? I might be purchasing $500 Disney GC using Walmart GC to get the UR points. The Walmart GCs only come in denominations up to $200. So for $480, I would need (2) $200, (1) $50, and (1) $30.

ETA: Does Ebates credit for Walmart or Sam's GC?

Online you can use a maximum of 4 gift cards for a single transaction, so you should be good. I've never tried ebates with it. I tried the Chase portal and it did not credit.

FWIW, I went to my local Target yesterday. I had to pick up some things for my son's lunch, but while I was there I grabbed a $25 Disney card. I went to self checkout. The total was $30 and I had $13 in gift cards. I was able to scan both my gift cards no problem and put the rest on my Discover. There weren't any signs by the uscan, but there's normally one about not being able to buy alcohol at the uscan which I thought was a little odd that it would be missing.

I got a Sam’s card and was seriously unimpressed with the store. The prices weren’t that great and there were literally 2 lanes open and people backed up 5-6 carts deep. I have had much better experiences with Costco.

However, I will save $160-180 by purchasing the Disney cards there, so it was still worthwhile for that.

I got a Sam’s card and was seriously unimpressed with the store. The prices weren’t that great and there were literally 2 lanes open and people backed up 5-6 carts deep. I have had much better experiences with Costco.

However, I will save $160-180 by purchasing the Disney cards there, so it was still worthwhile for that.

I typically wait until the monthly instant savings book comes out and try to stock up on those items. Those will be the best deals. We buy our dog food and meds there since we haven't found it cheaper anywhere else. The Disney gc deal isn't fantastic on its own but if you can pair it with a 5% cash back on certain credit card quarterly savings then it really adds up. It also helps if you have the plus card and get an additional cash back on your purchases. Sorry you had a rough visit. Hope your next Sams visit is better.

Used self-checkout at Target last night to buy a $25 Disney card. I scanned (2) $5 Target cards and then my $30 Target card...no problem at all. It would definitely appear that your experience may vary at Target.

I shop at Sams only when it's time to pick up more DIsney cards. The nearest Costco is pretty far from me, and Sams is about 5 miles away, so that's what works for me.
Not

Just a reminder to everyone that last year Amex released the BJ's offer on Thursday, November 3 at midnight. So there is a good chance that some of the good offers might start being released in the next few days. Again, these have been released in the past at midnight Pacific and usually fill up by 7AM the next morning.

Just a reminder to everyone that last year Amex released the BJ's offer on Thursday, November 3 at midnight. So there is a good chance that some of the good offers might start being released in the next few days. Again, these have been released in the past at midnight Pacific and usually fill up by 7AM the next morning.
Can you remind us what the deal was? Also, gone by 7AM in which time zone?

Is this accurate? From my reading, if one doesn't have any kind of credit card, it seems the best deals are free/earned gift cards for Target, online Sam's Club, and then Red Card debit card from Target.

Is this accurate? From my reading, if one doesn't have any kind of credit card, it seems the best deals are free/earned gift cards for Target, online Sam's Club, and then Red Card debit card from Target.
I would say that's a fair assessment. Welcome!

ETA: a very good option may be coming up in late November/early December if Target has discounts on their gift cards. Last year I bought Target gift cards at a discount and then on Dec 4th used *them* to purchase more Target Gift cards during this promo: https://corporate.target.com/article/2016/12/giftcard-promo . So, I bought $300 target gift cards for $270. I then took those Target Gift cards and bought Disney gift cards with them.

Your milage may vary and some people have been reporting that they can no longer buy Disney Gift Cards with Target Gift Cards but I have not had a problem.

Last edited:
Thank you! We're checking in November 11, so will miss out on all the holiday deals.

Our last visit to Disney World was so long ago, people on the DIS boards were coordinating mini-fridge swap-offs (2010). I can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter