Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you aren't getting the 5% from Target, there is no longer any point to buying the Target Gift Cards. Kroger stores, at least the ones in my area, carry WDW gift cards. Just buy those and save yourself the extra step and hassle of dealing with Target.
Exactly! Why give Target your business if you aren't getting anything out of the deal?
The less I have to deal with Target the better!!!

I'm not sure why you're angry with Target because they closed off a loophole that we were able to exploit for a small amount of time.

It wasn't a small amount of time. It's been years that you've been able to get 5% off Disney cards. I've done it at least since 2012.

You can still save money. Use TopCashBack and order Target gift cards through Raise. You get 5% or so off the Target cards and 2% back from Raise.

It wasn't a small amount of time. It's been years that you've been able to get 5% off Disney cards. I've done it at least since 2012.

You can still save money. Use TopCashBack and order Target gift cards through Raise. You get 5% or so off the Target cards and 2% back from Raise.

You still can get 5% off Disney Gift cards with your Target Red Card. The loophole I'm referring to is paying with gift cards online yet still getting the discount AS IF you were paying with a red card.

You still can get 5% off Disney Gift cards with your Target Red Card. The loophole I'm referring to is paying with gift cards online yet still getting the discount AS IF you were paying with a red card.

I agree. I don't think they ever intended to allow the 5% discount if you were paying with a gift card. It was nice while it lasted and I utilized it many times but I still love Target and this will in no way
dissuade me from shopping there.

It's been 5.5 and 6% today which has pretty much been unheard of over the past couple of months. I've been watching an 8% sit there for a good minutes or so, which is totally unheard of, usually if I even happen to see anything 6% or over, by the time I get it in my cart, it's gone.
Oops, wrong reply

I just opened a Disney Chase Visa Credit Card because I had the offer to get a $200 Disney Gift card if you put $500 on the card in 3 months. Well I just put $300 on it for the first time about 2 weeks ago, and that's the only thing on it, and I got my $200 Disney Gift card in the mail yesterday!!! I was kinda shocked, and happy !!! Anyone else have this happen?
Yup, same thing happened to us. We didn't think it would come before our May 11th trip but we got the card anyway so that we could get a 15% discount on the Star Wars Weekend VIP tour. Just got the card on Monday and now I need to cancel the tour since a cheaper package came along (we still have over $500 in charges so hopefully it's all good)

mexxican, A moment ago Edit Report

I think they closed the loophole for even redcard purchases of the gift cards online. I tried to order some using my redcard today, and it didn't give me the discount. I had a few gift cards from raise left and so used them. I had bought them at 5% off (with a credit card that gives 1.5% cash back), so I did get some discount.

I'm not sure why you're angry with Target because they closed off a loophole that we were able to exploit for a small amount of time.
Not angry with them. I just choose to not give them my Disney gift card business anymore. That loophole made it worth my risk to order Disney gift cards online. (I had a bad expedience receiving unactivated gift cards from Target.com on more than 1 occasion.) Without that loophole, I don't consider it worth my risk anymore. I can get Disney gift cards at my grocery store with my Amex and fuel perks for about 15% off.

Ah, okay, it sounded like you were angry with them and don't intend to shop there anymore at all as a result of this.

Ah, internet inflection for the win. ;)

Thankfully I've never had any issues with any of the cards I've bought there, but I'll be going to buy them in store from now on. Regrettably, we don't have Kroger in my area.

I think they closed the loophole for even redcard purchases of the gift cards online. I tried to order some using my redcard today, and it didn't give me the discount. I had a few gift cards from raise left and so used them. I had bought them at 5% off (with a credit card that gives 1.5% cash back), so I did get some discount.

Yah, I'm thinking that was a tourniquet to stop the bleeding. I think that the shopping cart will likely have to be completely recoded. Some programmer's getting fired!

Can someone explain to me, in very simple, childlike-terms, how to get Disney cards at a discount at Kroger? :) I did the Target/Raise deal for my last trip and I'm sad it isn't working now. I'd like to get a jump on my next trip. Thanks!

Ah, okay, it sounded like you were angry with them and don't intend to shop there anymore at all as a result of this.
No, I'll be stopping by Target on my way home tonight to buy a few things that are on sale. In my earlier post, I should have said "the less I have to deal with Target.com the better".

I got this email response from Target today when I expressed that the discount was not coming off.

We want your Target.com experience to be fun and easy. Sometimes, technical problems may get in the way. We're sorry to hear that you’re experiencing trouble when trying to place your order.
The red card discount is applicable on Disney GiftCards just not on Target GiftCards, eGiftCards and pre paid AMEX or Visa.
Our technical team is working to fix the issue as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience while we work things out.
Thanks for getting in touch. We'll keep working to provide the great service you've come to expect from Target.

Can someone explain to me, in very simple, childlike-terms, how to get Disney cards at a discount at Kroger? :) I did the Target/Raise deal for my last trip and I'm sad it isn't working now. I'd like to get a jump on my next trip. Thanks!

You buy them and you get 2x fuel points. So a $100 gift card gets 200 fuel points. For a 20 gallon tank, that's a 4% discount. Right now (for the next two weeks) they are running 4x fuel points. They do this throughout the year. So for my van (20 gallon fuel tank) it's now an 8% discount. I also have an Amex Blue Preferred which is 6% back at grocery stores. So I end up saving 14% on Disney gift cards (which I use to make Disney Cruises somewhat affordable:)

You buy them and you get 2x fuel points. So a $100 gift card gets 200 fuel points. For a 20 gallon tank, that's a 4% discount. Right now (for the next two weeks) they are running 4x fuel points. They do this throughout the year. So for my van (20 gallon fuel tank) it's now an 8% discount. I also have an Amex Blue Preferred which is 6% back at grocery stores. So I end up saving 14% on Disney gift cards (which I use to make Disney Cruises somewhat affordable:)

And if you take your van and your spouses car and fill up at the same time to get the max of 35 gallons, you save 14% with fuel points + your 6% with your credit card.

I have an email from Fry's (the local iteration of Kroger) that they are doing 4x fuel points on Gift Card purchases for 2 weeks starting today, but there were no details in my email and there is no advertising for it in store and I wasn't able to try it. Anyone know if there are restrictions this time around on the types of gift cards that qualify?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter