Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm done with churning. Now, I'm just trying to see how many free gift cards I can earn towards Disney. I currently use my BestBuy Visa to earn Best Buy rewards, Swagbucks/Perk/Mplaces to earn Target or BB gift cards, MyCokeRewards to earn target gift cards, and then there is my collection of FWP cards from Target.

I also got an offer from Ally for a credit card that offers 1% on everything and 2% on gas and groceries. When I spend $500 in three months (done!), I will earn a $100 bonus. Then, when I redeem the cash back, I can have it deposited into my Ally vacation account and I get a 10% bonus:sunny:.
I had hoped to get a little more churning done to earn ebay bucks, but once again did not get the promotion. I too am spending lots more time on Swagbucks and M+, and have started getting more serious about shopkicks. I added most of the M+ apps to my phone to get more points as well. I tell people this is my second job. I have heard about Perk, but don't know much about it. I also found something called instaGC, but frankly, it is a pale copy of SB in my opinion.

I've been able to combine mplaces and shopkicks so far, without having to choose which one gets my business. With SB and ebates, I sometimes have to choose, so I go with the one that gives me more $ in the long run. Is there a way to fit Perk in with any of these?

I should probably switch credit cards, but I hoping to use my Disney VISA for discounts, and the Rewards for expenses in the parks.

Trying to decide whether I want to cash out my SBs for an ebay card now since I have 2200 or wait until I have 2500 for the PP. I would hate for ebay to start enforcing the rule after I receive my cards from SB. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.....LOL.

Trying to decide whether I want to cash out my SBs for an ebay card now since I have 2200 or wait until I have 2500 for the PP. I would hate for ebay to start enforcing the rule after I receive my cards from SB. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.....LOL.
Just be aware that it can take up to 10 days to get your gc from SB. It took 9 for my last target card.

Is there a Target store near you? You could cash out SB for Target, then wait & see. If ebay GCs still work, you can use your Target GC in-store to buy a $25 ebay card. If not, you can always use it to buy Disney. $22 for $25 - 12% off.

Just an FYI for earning and redeeming eBucks through Ebay. This notice was under my eBucks account when I went to check my balance:

Bucks news
Gift Cards, Digital Gifts, and eBay Gift Cards exclusions for October 1, 2016and January 1, 2017

After October 1, 2016, you will not be able to earn eBay Bucks when purchasing eBay Gift Cards, Gift Cards, and Digital Gifts purchases within the Gift Cards & Coupons category.
After January 1, 2017, you will not be able to redeem eBay Bucks for eBay Gift Cards within the Gift Cards & Coupons category.

So churning is becoming more and more impossible...

Is there a Target store near you? You could cash out SB for Target, then wait & see. If ebay GCs still work, you can use your Target GC in-store to buy a $25 ebay card. If not, you can always use it to buy Disney. $22 for $25 - 12% off.

That would be an excellent plan, but I'm currently not churning for Disney. Saving for a carnival cruise at the moment, but plan to start Disney savings again for another trip once that's is done. Looks like I better start up with Disney sooner rather than later since it seems so many of the churning avenues are starting to dry up lately.

Just an FYI for earning and redeeming eBucks through Ebay. This notice was under my eBucks account when I went to check my balance:

Bucks news
Gift Cards, Digital Gifts, and eBay Gift Cards exclusions for October 1, 2016and January 1, 2017

After October 1, 2016, you will not be able to earn eBay Bucks when purchasing eBay Gift Cards, Gift Cards, and Digital Gifts purchases within the Gift Cards & Coupons category.
After January 1, 2017, you will not be able to redeem eBay Bucks for eBay Gift Cards within the Gift Cards & Coupons category.

Wow, well this doesn't sound encouraging at all. Just one thing after another over the last several months. :sad1:

Well, that's about the most depressing news in a while (re: eBay Bucks). We at least had that to look forward to and now - ugh. What a blow. Our next Disney vacation is paid for and our next one won't be until mid-2018 so we have a while to save but good grief that just makes it that much more difficult.

Wish our Ralph's fuel program was as good as Kroger's (same company but different program rules). I guess I'll have to be happy with 5-7% now.

Bucks news

This is definitely depressing, but since you can't use eBay GCs to buy third-party GCs anymore (after October 13), you couldn't exactly roll the same funds back and forth between eBay and other retailers any way, and you'd have to put new funds to purchase GCs. Still, even with that new rule, eBucks would've been a nice way of purchasing GCs at a 10%+ discount. Now even that's over. I guess the only solace (for now) is that it appears eBucks can still be redeemed for third-party GCs.

With all these new restrictions, I've been doing more organic (non-GC) spending on eBay since I can still start off with a 5% discount by buying eBay GCs from Target. And eBay's been playing with offering eBucks and coupons for selling. By timing my purchases and listings to these promos, I might hit ~$100 a quarter. Sad I'll probably never max out my eBucks again.

Bucks news

Not really unexpected, but great sadness still ensues.

Bucks news

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:
So sad about this. Kind of wish I'd hopped on board the churning train sooner. I spent 6 months on the fence not sure if I wanted to risk it. Oh well. Still though, I'm really happy with the $ I've made since March. My Jan/Feb trip is almost paid for. First time staying at the Poly (except as a kid back in the 70's!) and except for this churn, we'd have been at a moderate. Thank you everyone on this thread! You're the best!

I guess ebay learned their lesson and is giving advanced notice of the changes this time.

I can't see any reason I would buy gift cards from them anymore, the only reason I bought them last week was to get rid of my ebay gift cards and because they had the double promotion with the Best Buy being on sale and the ebucks bonus. Even then, I had to race down to Best Buy to change the PPDG into actual gift cards so crooks didn't steal the number.

That really stinks. I was really counting on eBay Bucks as a "discount" for my Rx at Walgreens. I don't even know what I'll be cashing out my Bucks for now...

I wonder if ebay has realized how much business they will be losing.
That would be an excellent plan, but I'm currently not churning for Disney. Saving for a carnival cruise at the moment, but plan to start Disney savings again for another trip once that's is done. Looks like I better start up with Disney sooner rather than later since it seems so many of the churning avenues are starting to dry up lately.
While you can, take a look and see if there are any deals on Carnival gift cards on ebay.

hat would be an excellent plan, but I'm currently not churning for Disney. Saving for a carnival cruise at the moment

I posted this awhile back, but it might be helpful to you (especially with all the deals drying up), so though I'd post it again:

AARP has a rewards program that anyone can sign up for (you don't have to be a certain age to participate in the rewards program). From there, you can do various activities (so far I've taken short surveys and they send a promo code a couple of times a week) to earn points. You can then redeem those points for 10% off of a bunch of gift cards and Carnival is one of them.

So, if you are someone who is paying for your Carnival gift cards on ebay, this is another option to get 10% off of your cards. They usually have $100 and $500 cards available.

For anyone else, they also have a lot of other gift cards, but nothing that I've ever been able to use in the churning game. But, now that that is coming to an end, this is an easy way to get a flat 10% off cards.

I wonder if ebay has realized how much business they will be losing.....
Yeah, I can't imagine they aren't losing big time!! I think sellers would be as well, with no reason to really buy gc's at ebay anymore. I won't be surprised if someone tells me how wrong that is but I can't see how that isn't the case.

Wow, this is awful about the ebucks, very sad indeed! I was figuring on maybe buying Gas gift cards there to make some ebucks, sometimes putting cash in with 5x ebucks or if they offered promos like they did the other day with BB. But, no ebucks, no point in buying there anymore. Multiply that by the tons of people now in the same situation, that's gotta be huge. Yes, they are paying out less ebucks, but still think it's going to hurt them and sellers a lot! Not to mention all of us!

So earlier I saw the 8% ebucks this afternoon, but wgc's showed shipped yesterday. But, I got great surprise when they showed today! I planned to go to two walgreens after work to convert to ebay if people reported being able to use newer ebay cards. Then I saw the ebucks news, what a blow! So I wanted to get those ebay cards for sure to do my last bit of churning and was glad I saw that others said they were being accepted. But, then I checked and no BB cards available and no $100 WGC's. Ugh! They do have the 10 pack of $50 Wgc's, only $4.99 shipping, but then I thought I'm not sure I wanna use all those walgreens cards to buy Disney gc's. I mean hmm, I guess I could just do two $50's for a $100 disney gc, do that 5 times might not seem so bad, I guess. Doesn't seem so bad that way, seeing it typed out, lol.

Anyone else considering this or have used $50 Wgc's? Lol I guess I've used a few $100s at a time, and I'll have to do that tomorrow between the two stores to get the ebay cards. ARe people still having success converting their Walgreens gc's?

At least it appears we can use our last bunch of ebucks for gc's, and I'll use them to buy BB and convert that to Disney. Or possibly private sellers, have had luck there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter