Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on my drained BB GCs: I'm now on my THIRD PP "ticket" trying to get this resolved. :furious: Anyone out there have better luck? Today the CSR told me, "Well, we didn't realize someone was unauthorized to use them and had used them in a different city." WHAT?!?! I have only given that same information the two times I've called before!!!!

I have had luck getting my BB from Aug 3rd refunded. I used the 'contact seller' button on ebay. I have not been able to get my SW gc's refunded at this point. They were bought in June.

She lives south of Houston, in League City. She didn't try to buy ebay b/c she had already completed the sale and converted her GS to SW. It was in chatting with the cashier after that this came up. I can't remember if SW was one of the original exclusions GS put into place back in July. I know they said no ebay and no gas GC's but was SW definitely a 'no' also?? If so, then that has changed and there are multiple people reporting they have been able to buy SW with GS gc's.
Southwest has not been a problem. I asked, because I thought you said that her store would allow ebay. The GS in Webster wouldn't, (not that very far from League City!)

Southwest has not been a problem. I asked, because I thought you said that her store would allow ebay. The GS in Webster wouldn't, (not that very far from League City!)

Her store did say they allowed ebay. She did not try though as she had already bought the SW. I'm guessing the cashier she had just misspoke.

Has anyone tried to combine Hotels.com gift cards recently? When I click on the link, it says "sorry the deal you're looking for isn't available anymore". Think I'll email them...

Has anyone tried to combine Hotels.com gift cards recently? When I click on the link, it says "sorry the deal you're looking for isn't available anymore". Think I'll email them...

Are you trying to use this site? https://www.hotels.com/deals/gcbalance/

Thinking about buying some on the current ebay deal. Hoping it is still available and there is an ebucks promo tomorrow :)

Last edited:
First, just a note on the last BB gc I had left. DD26's fiance took it into our local BB, where I was told that I had used 1700 in fraudulent cards and could no longer buy Disney gc's there with my BB gc's. That in fact no one could anymore. Right. So DF had no trouble using the same gc I was going to use to buy a Disney gc. They chatted about disney trips with him.
Makes me mad they tried to make me feel like a criminal, making me look bad to anyone watching, too. And I did nothing wrong. And then manager wanted to take me around to pick out other things to buy, just not gc's cause that's not allowed. I was so stunned I didn't realize what a jerk he was being at the time, and lying. But, on a positive note at least I can still buy BB cards and convert them, even if not five minutes from home.

@PerfessorZ Thank you for this extra info, definitely gives some more helpful details! I have found the sb's thread again and saved it for reading when I have some time. But, I'm thankful for this info, it's exactly what I was looking to know right now. I plan to look into it to possibly do more with SB in the future.

@wendow Yeah, that is definitely not legit looking. I got a limit put on my account last week when they saw 'unusual activity' and limited my account until I checked things out,25 and then changed my password and security questions. The address on that email was service@paypal .com And I couldn't get into my account without changing things first.

I wouldn't get too excited about the Hotels.com GC deal. It's only a $50 for $40, limit 1. I noticed it last night and was thinking about giving it a go if it matched up with an ebay bucks bonus deal, but I don't see it worth hassling with for a limit of 1.

I hate to be "that guy" but I've been out of the GC loop for a few months and I'm about to start saving up for our cruise next year. I searched about a dozen pages back but didn't see anything mentioned...can you still buy Disney cards with physical Walgreens gift cards?

I'm sorry if this has already been posted. We just got back from a week at Disney World and I'm still trying to catch up on everything I missed. I just saw this this morning. Looks like Kmart will be closing some more stores. Liquidation is starting on Sept 22. I know in the past they typically start pulling gift cards when liquidation starts. For those churning through Kmart you may want to check out the list to see if stores in your area are included.

http://time.com/money/4499339/kmart-store-closings/

Trying to decide what to do with the 8% eBay promo today. Can anyone report if new eBay gc are still working or if they are now enforcing the before Aug 23rd restriction?

I hate to be "that guy" but I've been out of the GC loop for a few months and I'm about to start saving up for our cruise next year. I searched about a dozen pages back but didn't see anything mentioned...can you still buy Disney cards with physical Walgreens gift cards?

My impression is that most times this will work although there are a few stores here and there where the managers/employees will not allow it. If you are refused in one store you can probably find another that will be ok with it.

I'm sorry if this has already been posted. We just got back from a week at Disney World and I'm still trying to catch up on everything I missed. I just saw this this morning. Looks like Kmart will be closing some more stores. Liquidation is starting on Sept 22. I know in the past they typically start pulling gift cards when liquidation starts. For those churning through Kmart you may want to check out the list to see if stores in your area are included.

http://time.com/money/4499339/kmart-store-closings/

So glad my store isn't on the list. But I'm rethinking how much in Kmart gc's I'm willing hold onto at one time. I only put $100 through per transaction.

I wouldn't get too excited about the Hotels.com GC deal. It's only a $50 for $40, limit 1. I noticed it last night and was thinking about giving it a go if it matched up with an ebay bucks bonus deal, but I don't see it worth hassling with for a limit of 1.

Missed that small, important detail. Yeah, not worth it.

I'm done with churning. Now, I'm just trying to see how many free gift cards I can earn towards Disney. I currently use my BestBuy Visa to earn Best Buy rewards, Swagbucks/Perk/Mplaces to earn Target or BB gift cards, MyCokeRewards to earn target gift cards, and then there is my collection of FWP cards from Target.

I also got an offer from Ally for a credit card that offers 1% on everything and 2% on gas and groceries. When I spend $500 in three months (done!), I will earn a $100 bonus. Then, when I redeem the cash back, I can have it deposited into my Ally vacation account and I get a 10% bonus:sunny:.

Trying to decide what to do with the 8% eBay promo today. Can anyone report if new eBay gc are still working or if they are now enforcing the before Aug 23rd restriction?

I'm curious, too. I'm going to be near the only BB in my area I haven't checked for ebay cards in stock yet and wondered if it's worth buying them if I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter