Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been covered, but what happens to your balance of gift card applied to your room if it is not fully depleted? I recall back in 2014 I was refunded cash, but not sure if this is still the case or if there are dollar limits to this. Thanks.
They have a strict policy to not allow credit balances on your room account anymore.

6% Ebay bucks for me through 8/17. Probably going to sit this one out. Isn't profitable enough with the limit enforced.
There are some low dollar items I need I will pay for with regular funds, which works nicely with this promo.

There are some low dollar items I need I will pay for with regular funds, which works nicely with this promo.
That's what I will be doing mostly too, since there is no minimum this time.
I just got my Walgreens cards over the weekend, so I will try to change them to ebay cards and see how many I can use before hitting the limit. Glad I have 3 days!

Hey y'all,

Bought a Mobile best buy GC and placed an order online for Disney gcs, of course it got cancelled immediately. Went in store and worked like a charm. she simply scanned the bar code off of my phone and gave me no trouble at all.

I had some churning fails this weekend.

I finally made it back to the Kmart I had successfully churned at (near my parents) and they were out of ebay. I took half of my Kmart gc and bought Disney, no problem. I really didn't want to cash out though. I read about people having success at Sears but I hadn't tried near home. So I tried that. The cashier didn't know if it would work but was willing to try. Yeah! Halfway through checking me out she got nervous and called her manager. No go. Voided the whole transaction. Boo! I hate to lose Kmart/Sears as a churning option since they have such good deals on GCs.

I did convert at BB - easy as usual. But I'm limited there by PPDG. I guess I will have to start using Walgreens (and paying shipping) as my other alternative.

ETA: Did anyone else notice PPDG are out of stock of BB gcs? I don't remember that happening before?!?

I'm having trouble locating the $25 Disney GC's at Target. I am only able to find $50 and $100. Are those no longer available? I was purchasing them routinely at my Target in CT, but I'm down in SC now and no luck. I also checked online at Target, no luck...only larger denominations.
What's the reason for wanting $25 cards instead of higher denominations. Forgive me since I'm new to thread and I'm working my way backwards through recent posts.

Cardcash promo:
extra 5% Off Gift Cards
sitewide when you use coupon code:SLICKDEALSOFF at checkout. Shipping is free where applicable.

Credit: slickdeals

That explains why they had a good bit of Target gift cards when I checked this morning at 6% off and now they are out of stock. Someone got a good deal! :)

ETA: Did anyone else notice PPDG are out of stock of BB gcs? I don't remember that happening before?!?
:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1: Yikes! I'm hoping that BB is not going down the same path as Target:eek:...

That would leave me with only Walgreen's and that is not something I want to bank on. They work well (for now) but the shipping time and cost are prohibitive to making any meaningful headway in the churning game. Hopefully, this is only temporary:rolleyes1

On another note, I looked at my spreadsheets and realized that, including my pending eBucks, I have over $600 in my churning fund. With the new $2K limit, I realized that it makes more sense for me to keep only $400 in my fund. This allows me to churn 5 times in 60 days, or once about every 2 weeks. I cashed out a $100 Walgreen's card for a $100 Disney gift card (no problem!) which leaves me with $100 in eBay and $300 in Walgreen's. When my eBucks credit, I will use them towards more Walgreen's and then cash out the equivalent amount into Disney. My end goal, if I can keep it going long enough, is to have $600 in Disney and $800 in other (Hotel, Gas and Restauant) gift cards by the end of March 2017. Unfortunately, our trip is April 1 so I won't have time to use any eBucks earned in the first quarter of next year so all of my churning will have to be over the rest of this year. Since I have $200 in Disney already and another $500 available and pending, I am already halfway there:teeth:. My OOP expense has been $182.17 and I hold a value of $696.41...about a 73% savings:thumbsup2.

Last edited:
I went ahead and used the rest of the cash(which I earned from my rewards programs) I was going to use to book Royal Pacific Resort for our two nights at Universal to get the deal on hotels.com gift cards. $100 for $90 through SVM and I got the ebucks for it, no messing with PPDG and I can't use gift cards on my eBay account until September anyway!

$300 for $270 and I got $16.20 in ebucks. I already have $275 for hotels.com from other amazon and eBay deals, which I used earned money from swagbucks, perk etc.

Plus, I will go through Ibotta to book at hotels.com because they are offering a 5% rebate for that right now! :yay:

I hit a bit of a problem today. I decided to take advantage of the 6% promo and snagged 2 sears cards since they were on sale. After seeing others success at kmart I decided to give it a try. I've successfully churned at my kmart before with physical cards,but have not tried digital. The cashier rang them up fine, punched in my gift card numbers then it promted her for a supervisor override. An older lady came up and as soon as she said she punched in my gift cards she said that wasn't allowed and that's why it was prompting an override because it needed canceled. I don't know what she did, but the cards didn't activate and the funds did not go back to my cards. She had me go to the service desk, asked 2 other supervisors about how to get the funds back onto my cards. Neither knew how, but we're very helpful in trying to figure out the situation. The older lady kept saying over and over that the system doesn't allow it, but by the way the other 2 were acting I could tell they didn't believe her. One has even rang me up in the past without a problem. She ended up having to put in a call, but whoever she talked to wasn't sure on how to do it either. The store director came up and was very nice about it. They said they were going to put in a ticket to see if they could get the funds back. The director is supposed to give me a call back tomorrow. I figure worse case scenario I trade them for physical cards at Sears and have my husband try another day since 3 supervisors know me now. If that doesn't work I'll just use the funds for tires since I was going to need to replace mine soon anyway.

I hit a bit of a problem today. I decided to take advantage of the 6% promo and snagged 2 sears cards since they were on sale. After seeing others success at kmart I decided to give it a try. I've successfully churned at my kmart before with physical cards,but have not tried digital. The cashier rang them up fine, punched in my gift card numbers then it promted her for a supervisor override. An older lady came up and as soon as she said she punched in my gift cards she said that wasn't allowed and that's why it was prompting an override because it needed canceled. I don't know what she did, but the cards didn't activate and the funds did not go back to my cards. She had me go to the service desk, asked 2 other supervisors about how to get the funds back onto my cards. Neither knew how, but we're very helpful in trying to figure out the situation. The older lady kept saying over and over that the system doesn't allow it, but by the way the other 2 were acting I could tell they didn't believe her. One has even rang me up in the past without a problem. She ended up having to put in a call, but whoever she talked to wasn't sure on how to do it either. The store director came up and was very nice about it. They said they were going to put in a ticket to see if they could get the funds back. The director is supposed to give me a call back tomorrow. I figure worse case scenario I trade them for physical cards at Sears and have my husband try another day since 3 supervisors know me now. If that doesn't work I'll just use the funds for tires since I was going to need to replace mine soon anyway.

This has happened to me twice at Kmart. The screen tells them what to do but mostly they are unwilling to listen. I wouldn't leave without my money so I waited there for three hours while corporate worked it out. I attached a photo that I took of the screen because they were really being unreasonable. I called corporate and told them what the screen said and they directed the manager to follow the screen directions so I got my money back.

Basically, your new cards didn't activate, but the old cards did have the funds removed. They need to return the inactive cards and resell them to you.

You can also tell them that corporate policy is to allow gift card with gift card purchases and they are allowed to create their own store policy but it must be posted (corporate told me this.) Corporate ended up forcing them to sell me Disney gift cards since they didn't have a policy posted but then they posted it the next day. I had $1400 in Kmart so I was just glad to get out.

Hope this helps you.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 41
This has happened to me twice at Kmart. The screen tells them what to do but mostly they are unwilling to listen. I wouldn't leave without my money so I waited there for three hours while corporate worked it out. I attached a photo that I took of the screen because they were really being unreasonable. I called corporate and told them what the screen said and they directed the manager to follow the screen directions so I got my money back.

Basically, your new cards didn't activate, but the old cards did have the funds removed. They need to return the inactive cards and resell them to you.

You can also tell them that corporate policy is to allow gift card with gift card purchases and they are allowed to create their own store policy but it must be posted (corporate told me this.) Corporate ended up forcing them to sell me Disney gift cards since they didn't have a policy posted but then they posted it the next day. I had $1400 in Kmart so I was just glad to get out.

Hope this helps you.

Thank you for this. I'm hoping they're able to work it out, but if not I'll keep this in mind. Everyone other than the lady who said it couldn't be done seemed helpful with trying to figure it out.

Gosh, what a headache! Hope you get that resolved soon!

Just as a data point, I was able to buy four $25 Ebay gift cards this evening at Kmart using a paper print out of the Sears card I bought during the last Ebay promo. The cashier just typed in the gift card number and PIN and the system processed no problem. I'm in Illinois.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter