Disney furniture? A unique piece. Need help!

apluswholesalers

Earning My Ears
Good day, hope this finds you all well.

New kid on the block here needs some help.

I recently purchased a bed frame for my son. It is amazing. I bought it at a charity auction. It is the head board, foot board, and rails, in the shape of the peter pan bed.

They states that the bed was commisioned by a disney artist for the disney store. The bed was suspended from the ceiling as a display when peter pan came out. The art work is amazing. Also, on the head board is a small brass circle that says " The magic kingdom collection" by Lea. I have searched the entire internet for days and cannot find anything out about this piece of furniture. I paid $300. for the bed. Not sure if I overpaid, or got a deal. Either way, doesnt matter. My sons loves the bed and it was for charity. Anyone out there know anything of this?

Please email me!! Apluswholesalers@aol.com

Thanks and God bless!!!

Can't help with the bed but I can say "Welcome to the DIS"...

The bed you have was made by Lea Furniture (LADD Industries) approx 1979. It was part of the Magic Kingdom Collection that was a joint effort with Disney. At the High Point Furniture Market introduction, Annette Funicello even showed up briefly to help kick it off.

There were six different collections: One was Tomorrowland- a futuristic looking group made of white painted chip core with silver plastic tambour doors and red and blue accents. There was a Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs group that was done in dark oak I think. A friend has that bed. There was a rustic looking pine group representing Frontierland. There was also a white girls group. I remember one of the beds in one of the collections looked like a rowboat.

In the east, the series was carried by Levitz, and in Baltimore, Levenson & Klein carried three of the groups. I was a buyer for L&K at the time, and my wife still has the pic of Mickey and me shaking hands after making a successful deal to carry the line. Sorry I can't remember much more.

Thank you so much for that Post, long ago. I have the Snow White Bedroo collection out of hand carved Oak. I have not found any mentions of LEA tor this furniture until I found your post. Thank you!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter