Disney Food Pictures...Part V!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went to Liberty Tree Tavern yesterday. I use to share the old pilgrim’s platter with our DD & was a tad salty over the changing of the menu. But I want reassure anyone else who was sad to see it go that the kid’s turkey lunch is great & plenty of food (for me at least). You’re served turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, & fruit. I asked for gravy & it was brought in a little cup. It was delicious. Sorry I forgot to take a photo.
No mac and cheese?

During our Thanksgiving, 2017 trip, we went over to Caribbean Beach Resort to have a look around (we were staying somewhere else this year) and had lunch in their temporary set-up. Bacon cheeseburger, tater tots and mac in cheese for one meal and bacon cheeseburger, tater tots and pasta salad for the other.

27744166079_5ebd96dfae_z.jpg 39520582681_4ba5d97ed9_z.jpg

Another quick update. Tokyo dining was fabulous! My DH ordered the filet and said it was the best he ever ate. I had the spicy crunchy roll & also thought it was wonderful.
The bad. Tutto Italia. This was the first restaurant in Disney that wouldn’t let me order off the kid’s menu. I’m not a big eater & cannot eat an adult’s portion. And since we’re in a theme park, I cannot take a to go bag with me. So I had to order the reg entree spaghetti which was way too big & to add insult, it wasn’t good. The meatballs were tough. As I tried cutting them with my knife, they tried rolling away. And the whole entree lacked seasoning, so bland. As a side note, we saw a young lady asking if they had tables for a walk up. She was told no. But the entire restaurant was basically empty throughout our meal. Not sure what that was about.

That has me worried to hear you talk about Tutto Italia not being good. That’s where we are going for dinner one night. We are actually going to be at Magic Kingdom that day and take the monorail over to Epcot to eat there. The Dis Unplugged webcast seemed to have high praise for the place and overall it seems to get good reviews. But I get worried when I see reviews like this

Another quick update. Tokyo dining was fabulous! My DH ordered the filet and said it was the best he ever ate. I had the spicy crunchy roll & also thought it was wonderful.
The bad. Tutto Italia. This was the first restaurant in Disney that wouldn’t let me order off the kid’s menu. I’m not a big eater & cannot eat an adult’s portion. And since we’re in a theme park, I cannot take a to go bag with me. So I had to order the reg entree spaghetti which was way too big & to add insult, it wasn’t good. The meatballs were tough. As I tried cutting them with my knife, they tried rolling away. And the whole entree lacked seasoning, so bland. As a side note, we saw a young lady asking if they had tables for a walk up. She was told no. But the entire restaurant was basically empty throughout our meal. Not sure what that was about.

My family was very underwhelmed with Tutto Italia. The food quality was very mediocre. My lasagna tasted like a can of Chef Boyardee. Sooo disappointing!

Oh no! Now I’m really worried. Maybe I should be trying to snag something at Disney Springs instead!

My family was very underwhelmed with Tutto Italia. The food quality was very mediocre. My lasagna tasted like a can of Chef Boyardee. Sooo disappointing!

That has me worried to hear you talk about Tutto Italia not being good. That’s where we are going for dinner one night. We are actually going to be at Magic Kingdom that day and take the monorail over to Epcot to eat there. The Dis Unplugged webcast seemed to have high praise for the place and overall it seems to get good reviews. But I get worried when I see reviews like this

Personally I will not eat there again. But it’s just my opinion, some people like it.

We were underwhelmed as well. But that was our experience and as others say, some people enjoy.

We ate at Tutto Italia summer of 2016 and it was amazing.
Went back last summer and was not thrilled with it. It didn't have the same upscale feel to it with the service and presentation and the food was not as good. Decided not to go back this summer.

We went to Liberty Tree Tavern yesterday. I use to share the old pilgrim’s platter with our DD & was a tad salty over the changing of the menu. But I want reassure anyone else who was sad to see it go that the kid’s turkey lunch is great & plenty of food (for me at least). You’re served turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, & fruit. I asked for gravy & it was brought in a little cup. It was delicious. Sorry I forgot to take a photo.

You can get the kid's meal, as an adult? I wasn't sure I could do that at a TS.

Chiming in with being underwhelmed by Tutto. Service was indifferent and food was average (we ate at Tony's the same trip and enjoyed that meal much more, so...). The restaurant was barely half full while we were there, which made the lackluster service really stand out...we haven't been back since that trip and have no plans to go back anytime soon.

I have so many good pictures to share from our trip in September I just haven’t had time to share!

Our first day at food and wine.

Cheddar soup from Canada
IMG_0027.JPG

Mushroom filet from Canada
IMG_0028.JPG

Pumpkin chai tea with caramel vodka from Ireland
IMG_0030.JPG

Roasted Irish Sausage with Colcannon Potatoes and Onion Gravy and
Warm Irish Cheddar Cheese and Stout Dip with Irish Brown Bread from Ireland
IMG_2279.jpg

Cheese bread from Brazil
IMG_0041.JPG

Beer-braised Beef served with Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes
Chilled Coffee featuring Godiva Chocolate Liqueur From Belgium :lovestruc
IMG_0043.JPG

Smoked Beef Brisket and Pimento Cheese served on Griddled Garlic Toast From hops and barley
IMG_0046.JPG

Lunch at Sanaa

Mango smoothie
C8348987-23C6-4950-94A5-442F6AE2CB1E.jpeg

Potjie Inspired

Starting at top left and then clockwise. I'm 99% sure the first one is paneer tikka and then we have basmati rice, butter chicken and braised beef

16B34B70-D6CF-4FD8-892A-961B9C169412.jpeg

Hubby also got Potjie Inspired. He has the same rice and butter chicken. The he got the spicy Durban shrimp and aloo masala
A767BBF9-9BA9-4CA5-BC24-B15777D84A32.jpeg

Tandoori Chicken
8546AFA4-0259-44C9-93E4-FD4695206DC8.jpeg

Cupcakes from sprinkles. I know the one is coconut but I'm not 100% sure on the other. I think it was a chocolate vanilla
7AC6C026-6ED3-4BCC-90A9-8FA14754351D.jpeg

Dinner at Pecos bills

Nachos
4EC6167B-6477-4117-B9AE-63ED3AC323BB.jpeg

Fajitas
26D80EF9-F3CF-401F-A387-4E96066B8A9A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!