Disney Fantasy- January 14, 2017- 7 nt Eastern Caribbean

Hi Ennis family,
I'm sorry but our extenders closed in December. I did a few rounds of all-calls to anyone who expressed interest, but I'm guessing you didn't see those messages. I apologize, but since our participants needed confirmed lists, I had to pick a closing date when all information needed to be submitted. Again, I'm sorry :(
Hi!
Thanks. No, I never got any emails alerting me to messaging, but I completely understand! My little guy doesn't know anything about FE, so, we'll just have to wait for our next one--which we already are planning for April of 2018 and I'll KNOW to come and look in the threads, haha.
Hope everyone has a lovely time!

So I just went down as the "worst mom in history" when the kids asked if we were doing the "fish gift" thing again. I honestly had not been on the board for months with new job, traveling for kids hockey and life. Last time I would get email updates when someone posted and this time I didn't. :(

So....just know I didn't ignore any posts, I just never got them.

Hope everyone enjoys the FE though!

Same here--I have not used boards in ages, and last year was our first cruise, so I wasn't sure how they worked anyway. I didn't get any email updates either, so sad!
Will know for next time!
Hope everyone has a fabulous time!!

Hey guys - I hope your group had a wonderful time!
Hoping someone might be willing to post your navigators and/or menus - as the first Eastern of the year w. SWDAS, I think you have the model for the next couple months. If anyone had time, those of us cruising your itinerary in the coming voyages would be SO APPRECIATIVE!
Thanks very much, and Welcome Home!

Hello everyone! Thank you all so much for the wonderful Fish Extender gifts! Some of you guys went way overboard! But most importantly, the littles in our group loved all their extra special gifts. Clearly lots of thought went into everything! Thank you again and hope you all made it home safely. :) I am already curled up in a blanket in front of the fireplace missing all the nice weather!

What a wonderful cruise! Wanted to thank everyone that participated in the FE group. We enjoyed the fun of giving and surprises & blessings of receiving. Thank you Ptarmigan6 for organizing this for or DIS group!

Hello, Can anyone who was on this cruise tell me if the scheduled Star Wars Meet and Greets are all held on the Star Wars Day At Sea or do they do the Meet and Greets on different days throughout the cruise? Just curious since I am on a Stars Wars Cruise leaving on 2/4/17 and I plan on wearing my Star Wars costume on Star Wars Day for all the photo opts and other activities and was hoping I wouldn't need to wear it on another day for the scheduled Meet and Greet with the Star Wars Characters. Also, do you get 1, 2, or 3 of the Meet & Greets that you select on the Request Form they provide to everyone in their Staterooms? Thank you in advance.

Hello, Can anyone who was on this cruise tell me if the scheduled Star Wars Meet and Greets are all held on the Star Wars Day At Sea or do they do the Meet and Greets on different days throughout the cruise? Just curious since I am on a Stars Wars Cruise leaving on 2/4/17 and I plan on wearing my Star Wars costume on Star Wars Day for all the photo opts and other activities and was hoping I wouldn't need to wear it on another day for the scheduled Meet and Greet with the Star Wars Characters. Also, do you get 1, 2, or 3 of the Meet & Greets that you select on the Request Form they provide to everyone in their Staterooms? Thank you in advance.

They did them all on Star Wars day. And on the request form, it said that we get one, but I think almost everyone (if not all) got 2 choices. But the cruise was NOT sold out. And make sure to look at your tickets carefully, I know of many people who only looked at the first one and missed their other one AND I also met lots of people who slept through their first greeting. YIKES! Also, we had to reschedule one due to nap time and Guest Services fixed us up and let us change, so don't be afraid to ask if a time doesn't work out for you. :) Have fun!

Thanks everyone for the FE gifts. We really appreciate it! We got a lot of nice things in our FE. The kids (and us adults) :) really enjoyed coming back to find goodies in our fish extenders. After I had come back home and went through my FE bag, I had realized that 2 of my FE gifts were not delivered. My 2 older daughters were doing the deliveries and somehow they missed these two. The 2 that weren't delivered were for Charley and Anna Whitaker and Anthony and Amy Boyd. I am so sorry about that. I feel really bad. If you want to PM me your address, I would be more than happy to send them to you by mail. Thanks again everyone and thanks also to Kathleen for organizing the FE group. We had fun! :)

Thanks everyone for the FE gifts. We really appreciate it! We got a lot of nice things in our FE. The kids (and us adults) :) really enjoyed coming back to find goodies in our fish extenders. After I had come back home and went through my FE bag, I had realized that 2 of my FE gifts were not delivered. My 2 older daughters were doing the deliveries and somehow they missed these two. The 2 that weren't delivered were for Charley and Anna Whitaker and Anthony and Amy Boyd. I am so sorry about that. I feel really bad. If you want to PM me your address, I would be more than happy to send them to you by mail. Thanks again everyone and thanks also to Kathleen for organizing the FE group. We had fun! :)

Awww that's awfully nice of you!

Thanks for sending me your addresses on PM. Again sorry about that :) We hope you enjoyed your cruise! Wish we on the ship right now :)

They did them all on Star Wars day. And on the request form, it said that we get one, but I think almost everyone (if not all) got 2 choices. But the cruise was NOT sold out. And make sure to look at your tickets carefully, I know of many people who only looked at the first one and missed their other one AND I also met lots of people who slept through their first greeting. YIKES! Also, we had to reschedule one due to nap time and Guest Services fixed us up and let us change, so don't be afraid to ask if a time doesn't work out for you. :) Have fun!
So, the meet and greets are done by request form (which I've seen somewhere on the internet:) but that form is in your room, you don't have to go to Guest Services initially to make those requests?

Navigators PRETTY PLEASE?? With cherries, and Mickey Ears on top??
Seriously, we February cruisers would be IMMENSELY grateful!!
Thanks, DISfriends..

Hey guys - I hope your group had a wonderful time!
Hoping someone might be willing to post your navigators and/or menus - as the first Eastern of the year w. SWDAS, I think you have the model for the next couple months. If anyone had time, those of us cruising your itinerary in the coming voyages would be SO APPRECIATIVE!
Thanks very much, and Welcome Home!

Thank you Ptarmigan6 for coordinating the FE. My daughters loved delivering and receiving the FEs (mostly receiving, heehee). Thank you to all the families from the Tatooine Group. All the extenders we received were thoughtful, fun and a great surprise. Going around to see all the decorated doors was a fun adventure. And after eating all the yummy food at dinner, we needed the walking/exercising:)

On a side note, I almost cry as I type this, we missed a lot of the "Disney Cruise Magic" that other passengers have enthusiastically written about on the hundreds of post and blogs I had read, before making the leap and purchasing our $7500 tickets. Did anyone else feel disappointed in the over crowded pools? Did any of your kids get knocked over trying to play the Pirate games that were not organized? Did your waiter(s) forget to bring your drink, get several orders wrong, tell you they could not make kids Shirley Temples, never bring out the sugar for your coffee or simply tell you they had no more chocolate truffles (when another passenger had just gotten them)? Was anyone in that chaos at the Oceaners Club the first two nights? (I was unable to sign my girls up for self check-in/out. The second day I was stuck in the club trying to check out my daughter for more than 10 mins because computers were not working & we missed a movie). . . just to name a few issues. I am sooooo sad & stressed about my experience/value.

Thank you Ptarmigan6 for coordinating the FE. My daughters loved delivering and receiving the FEs (mostly receiving, heehee). Thank you to all the families from the Tatooine Group. All the extenders we received were thoughtful, fun and a great surprise. Going around to see all the decorated doors was a fun adventure. And after eating all the yummy food at dinner, we needed the walking/exercising:)

On a side note, I almost cry as I type this, we missed a lot of the "Disney Cruise Magic" that other passengers have enthusiastically written about on the hundreds of post and blogs I had read, before making the leap and purchasing our $7500 tickets. Did anyone else feel disappointed in the over crowded pools? Did any of your kids get knocked over trying to play the Pirate games that were not organized? Did your waiter(s) forget to bring your drink, get several orders wrong, tell you they could not make kids Shirley Temples, never bring out the sugar for your coffee or simply tell you they had no more chocolate truffles (when another passenger had just gotten them)? Was anyone in that chaos at the Oceaners Club the first two nights? (I was unable to sign my girls up for self check-in/out. The second day I was stuck in the club trying to check out my daughter for more than 10 mins because computers were not working & we missed a movie). . . just to name a few issues. I am sooooo sad & stressed about my experience/value.

I'm with you on the disappointment. Although we all had fun amongst ourselves dressing up for Star Wars day, I felt that there wasn't really enough things going on to merit the extra money for this special cruise. Ticketed meet & greets were too rushed and I felt that they needed more characters to have pictures taken with. Meeting just one didn't seem enough. Why couldn't they have several to greet, like in different rooms? We also had a Storm Trooper who refused to stop and have pictures taken with us! The other characters we saw walking around were just bombarded with people and it was chaos trying to get a picture with them. It really needed organized. The best experience for us was my husband dressed up as a Jawa and so many people had their pictures taken with him! It was GREAT! But overall, I will no do another SWDAS. Too much extra money and not much to merit the cost.

I will also agree that the service just wasn't up to par. We also had a lot of things forgotten at dinner. Our last two Disney cruises we've had female waitresses and they were just not too pleasant. I know it's really hard work, but at least be pleasant and not act like it's a burden to ask you for something. It really took away from out cruise experience. One of the things I look forward to on all of our cruises is interaction with the waiter/waitress.

The best thing I enjoyed about my cruise was spending time with my brother & SIL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter