Disney Fantasy- January 14, 2017- 7 nt Eastern Caribbean

Hi all!
Sorry about the super late update, but I have been fighting the plague all day. To answer ThePlanteFamily!'s question, there is no amount you have to spend-- some folks might do magnets or pens, and others might be sending gold-plated keepsakes (kidding!) Think about packing though-- it needs to fit in your suitcase and someone else's, so be kind-- (quick aside, if you run into me on the cruise, please ask me to tell you the story of our "ceremonial brick" we were gifted when we adopted our son in China-- I kid you not, given crazy weight limitations, I had to somehow fit a glass brick in our luggage!)

In all seriousness though, to risk spoilers, I have a family gift that's probably valued around $5, and several smaller items, each around $1 or so. Does this help, Plante family?

Below, please find the latest update on the spreadsheet. Nothing too serious-- a few additions of characters and allergies, mostly to Tatooine.

Happy holidays all, and see ya real soon! I will post one final list during the first week of January. We leave January 9, so that's my cut off :)

Attachments

• FE_Jan2017_FINAL1220.zip
    13 KB · Views: 13
Regarding FE:

Is there a schedule of when we should be distributing the gifts or do most people do a few cabins per day? Besides having my gifts to pass out and making my FE (soon), I don't know the other "rules" of this exchange.

Last year those of us driving down put magnets on the car

Here is one for this year

tilted-anchor-hi_zpsx695v2u6.jpg

Regarding FE:

Is there a schedule of when we should be distributing the gifts or do most people do a few cabins per day? Besides having my gifts to pass out and making my FE (soon), I don't know the other "rules" of this exchange.
Hi Gina and fellow DISers... Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Holidays!

Regarding Gina's question, there is no set schedule for the DIS Fish Extender gift exchange. I know some of you have gifts that are to be used for the cruise, so I imagine those might be distributed earlier rather than later. We've got a week on the ship, so don't feel stressed out-- have fun with it!

Only one formal update-- In the Endor subgroup, L005 family member Zoe has changed to a complete nut allergy (also, her name has an umlaut over the E, I just can't figure out how to get that easily in this post :)

Look for a final email/update in the first week of 2017 with final notes, a completed spreadsheet, and any tips etc. Enjoy the holiday season, and see ya real soon!

Kathleen and Endor FE group,

Just as a heads up, Tyler the 16yo male in our group (Ileanakl/8644) will actually be in the room across the hall /indoor cabin from us, room 8643. I just finished a separate FE for him.

Happy holidays!

(we are all in super count-down mode now!)

Hi Gina and fellow DISers... Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Holidays!

Regarding Gina's question, there is no set schedule for the DIS Fish Extender gift exchange. I know some of you have gifts that are to be used for the cruise, so I imagine those might be distributed earlier rather than later. We've got a week on the ship, so don't feel stressed out-- have fun with it!

Only one formal update-- In the Endor subgroup, L005 family member Zoe has changed to a complete nut allergy (also, her name has an umlaut over the E, I just can't figure out how to get that easily in this post :)

Look for a final email/update in the first week of 2017 with final notes, a completed spreadsheet, and any tips etc. Enjoy the holiday season, and see ya real soon!

Thank you for adding this and sorry about the last minute change. Zoë's allergy is new and I was panicked about the cruise but Disney has been great! No issue with kids club and Epi-Pens and nut free meals :D Thanks again for all of your hard work!

Hi, I am really sorry if I've missed any threads in this...but as we are only two weeks away (EEEK!) I've tried to find this post and thread--is there still a way for us to do the Exchange? Last February when we'd gotten off our first cruise, I made mention of participating, but realize that I've not checked back in, so may have missed any confirmation. I am really sorry!

Hoping to still be added somehow?
Thanks again for whoever is organizing!
Lori Ennis

Hello! Is it too late to join the FE group for this trip? We just boooked our cruise last minute and would love to participate if we can!! Yay 2 weeks!

Hi all!
Sorry about the super late update, but I have been fighting the plague all day. To answer ThePlanteFamily!'s question, there is no amount you have to spend-- some folks might do magnets or pens, and others might be sending gold-plated keepsakes (kidding!) Think about packing though-- it needs to fit in your suitcase and someone else's, so be kind-- (quick aside, if you run into me on the cruise, please ask me to tell you the story of our "ceremonial brick" we were gifted when we adopted our son in China-- I kid you not, given crazy weight limitations, I had to somehow fit a glass brick in our luggage!)

In all seriousness though, to risk spoilers, I have a family gift that's probably valued around $5, and several smaller items, each around $1 or so. Does this help, Plante family?

Below, please find the latest update on the spreadsheet. Nothing too serious-- a few additions of characters and allergies, mostly to Tatooine.

Happy holidays all, and see ya real soon! I will post one final list during the first week of January. We leave January 9, so that's my cut
Thanks for the info, and I hope we do meetup!

Hello! Is it too late to join the FE group for this trip? We just boooked our cruise last minute and would love to participate if we can!! Yay 2 weeks!
I am so sorry, but our Extenders closed in early December. However, if you do hang a Fish Extender or bag on your stateroom number, there is a chance you might be "pixie dusted"-- basically some folks like to just distribute gifts randomly rather than join any formal FE group. I can't guarantee anything but it's worth a shot. Hope this helps!

Hi, I am really sorry if I've missed any threads in this...but as we are only two weeks away (EEEK!) I've tried to find this post and thread--is there still a way for us to do the Exchange? Last February when we'd gotten off our first cruise, I made mention of participating, but realize that I've not checked back in, so may have missed any confirmation. I am really sorry!

Lori Ennis
Hi Ennis family,
I'm sorry but our extenders closed in December. I did a few rounds of all-calls to anyone who expressed interest, but I'm guessing you didn't see those messages. I apologize, but since our participants needed confirmed lists, I had to pick a closing date when all information needed to be submitted. Again, I'm sorry :(

Hi FE Friends,

Can you believe our cruise is almost here??? My family has begun frantically packing and me occasionally donning multiple scarves, shirts, and ace bandages and asking my husband if my SW costume looks "Rey enough" yet. I'm sure you can relate :)

Please find attached to this email the grand final FE list. No real changes except for a cabin update listing for Tyler Letkus. No new additions, and no one had to drop out-- yay! So now, print this out or commit it to memory!

Some final reminders....
1. There is NO SET DELIVERY SCHEDULE. With that said, do what works best for your family and your schedule. History tends to dictate that extenders get jammed the first full day-at-sea, so maybe wait a day or so unless you're itching to deliver or have something to be used on the cruise.
2. Do not tape or adhere anything to walls, doors etc for Extender gifts. I've seen photos of folks leaving bags on stateroom doors or at the floor. I can't tell you NOT to, but the Fish Extender bags do allow for some security.
3. Gifts do not have to have labels or gift tags-- feel free if you want to write or leave notes, but don't feel obligated.
4. I'll bring a few extra copies of the distribution list with me-- my family is staying in stateroom #9668-- with lots of Muppets on the door. If you need to reach me or need help just leave us a note.

Okay, I think that's it. Please email me with any questions-- and can't wait to see you on board! If you have any burning questions, please contact me before the 9th, when we head south from Chicagoland. The easiest way to reach me would be via email, kathleenmariekelly at gmail dot com.

Take care, and see ya real soon!
Kathleen Kelly (ptarmigan6)

Attachments

• FE_FINAL POSTING.zip
    12.9 KB · Views: 5

Lori Ennis

While it's too late to join established FE groups, like Kathleen said you can still be 'pixie dusted' if you want to bring your fish extenders anyway! Please let us all know your cabin numbers and you never know - you might get a few treats anyway :flower1:

Endor-Fish Extender Rooms: I just finished up my gift tags and listed our families last name "Jung" on them. On the actual FE list, our room is listed under my last name "Hong-Jung". Hope that makes sense as I didn't want to confuse you all. Hope to meet you all on the boat! :)

Is anyone else so excited about the cruise that they can barely sleep? I swear I'm making packing lists in my dreams :) FE gifts packed, costumes almost done, and in the final packing stages. We leave midday Monday and will be enjoying Star Tours early Tuesday morning!

Hi all!

Happy holidays all, and see ya real soon! I will post one final list during the first week of January. We leave January 9, so that's my cut off :)

So I just went down as the "worst mom in history" when the kids asked if we were doing the "fish gift" thing again. I honestly had not been on the board for months with new job, traveling for kids hockey and life. Last time I would get email updates when someone posted and this time I didn't. :(

So....just know I didn't ignore any posts, I just never got them.

Hope everyone enjoys the FE though!

Tatooine-Fish Extender Rooms: there wasn't room to fit my daughter's full name, so her nickname is on her pocket. (5 letters instead of 10 letters). She uses both names though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter