Disney Fantasy Cruise February 20, 2016

Is anyone in our Minnie Group, hearing impaired? I know... random question... my daughter is in ASL2 and I'm trying to list all the "benefits" to the school to allow her to be excused for this vacation. Just checking to see if she could be "using" ASL on this trip...

Is anyone in our Minnie Group, hearing impaired? I know... random question... my daughter is in ASL2 and I'm trying to list all the "benefits" to the school to allow her to be excused for this vacation. Just checking to see if she could be "using" ASL on this trip...

I haven't heard anyone self-ID in that area, but true story. Mrs. Darth Hilarius and I went on a cruise for our honeymoon on the Carnival Destiny. It just happened to also be the "deaf cruise" - about 1/3 of the ship was hearing impaired. They were a rowdy crew!

We went on an Aruba bus trip, and it wasn't until our first stop that we realized that everyone on our bus was hearing impaired. We got off the bus and one of their tour planners started signing to us. We said, we don't speak ASL. "Oh," she said. "You're on the wrong bus."

To this day, I'm convinced a busload of hearing impaired people think we were the most anti-social deaf people who ever lived.

OK, has everyone else been going nuts shopping with all the Star Wars stuff lately? I'm finding it super easy to shop for XMas and the cruise this year!

Adam,

I know this might be a stupid question, but I am new to the Cruises and FE's etc....do you do something each night or is it one specific night? If it's one time are you assigned a day etc....I feel retarded asking these questions but I just want to be prepared.

And it's only one for me in the Mixology :) Cristian is only 12 going on 13 he will be busy with his disney friends ;) Celebrating his birthday on the cruise :)

Any other single parents attending this cruise??

The kids club is my son's (age 6 first cruise and age 8 second cruise) favorite part of cruising! He begs us to let him stay there until midnight on most nights. He has a great time and we have never had any issues or concerns. This is also one of the reasons that cruising is one of our favorite type of trips; there is plenty of family time but there is also plenty of adult/kid only time. It is a great combination!

Our son also loves the Oceaneer Club/Lab. It is very secure. The kids can't leave without the approved adult(s). Whenever we went to pick our son up, they knew exactly where he was in the club and what he was doing. Always seems to be plenty of supervision, and it is SUPER fun!
Oops...looking now I see I left out some deets. Matt and I are 33. My boys are Carter (will be 8), Eli(will be almost 7) and Blake who will be 2. We are coming from Ontario, Canada.
Does anyone know a good site for door decorator magnets? Also, of course I hear good things regarding childcare, but can anyone offer personal experiences? The husband and I would love to do some grown up stuff, but are wary. Thanks!

Adam,

I know this might be a stupid question, but I am new to the Cruises and FE's etc....do you do something each night or is it one specific night? If it's one time are you assigned a day etc....I feel retarded asking these questions but I just want to be prepared.

I really have no idea as this is our first time being fishy. I'm guessing that's up to the particular cabin group. One site said the "obligation" is just for one day. A seven-day cruise could get a bit bulky in terms of bringing things.

But if anyone else has input, please share!

I was wondering the very same thing Adam & Summer0418. My plan was to give 1 small thing each night to the kids and one thing, one night for the adults or Cabin. Still haven't decided. We are in Minnie anyone else in Minnie have any suggestions? Most of the FEs that I am planning on distributing aren't very large they can either be used on ship or easily taken home with the kids. This is why I felt I would give 6 small things. BUT if the plan is for one night then I can just package them all together as one gift. What is everyone else in MINNIEs Group opinion?

Last edited:
Depending on my budget, being a single mom, I may be able to do more than one night but def not all 7 :( I am in the Minnie group as well....I can't wait it's exciting and nerve racking at the same time

Depending on my budget, being a single mom, I may be able to do more than one night but def not all 7 :( I am in the Minnie group as well....I can't wait it's exciting and nerve racking at the same time

I got most of my ideas from PINTEREST. But I totally see what you are saying. Maybe if we could each pick one night the kids would get a present each night? What's anyone think of that???

WHen we did the FE exchange a couple years ago, you just deliver your gifts whenever you have the time. It seemed as if everyone had delivered by about day 3. We only did one per cabin. I did little treat bags with a magnet from our local amusement park, some candy, and some bubbles…

Also, there is going to be a sale starting Monday on special Star Wars cruise merchandise. Has anyone gotten the notice from your TA? I got an e-mail yesterday…
You have to have a valid reservation for one of the cruises to buy things.

Good Morning Adam... could we possibly get a New and improved cabin list with all the Minnie participants? kids/genders/ages? names?

I need to get things in order, which I will do this week. Update forthcoming for both here and [REDACTED].
He said knowingly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter