Disney+ Ethernet issues

joy@disney

DisneyMania
Any one have or had problems logging into Disney+ recently. We have a Sony smart TV with the Disney app downloaded. Our tv shows that we are connected to the Ethernet. But Disney+ says we aren’t connected to the internet. We have to reset our router every time we want to watch Disney+. We don’t know if the issue is our tv, our internet or the Disney app. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

Some of those "Smart TV" environments aren't all that good. It's likely the app for that particular OS. How old is it? I'd recommned getting a Roku or one of the more common streaming boxes as they will have more updates and beeter support.

It’s so very nice now that xfinity has the Disney plus app. Before that I had roku with no problems.

Last edited:

Have you tried using a lower bandwith option? Sometimes when the signal is weaker at my house it will say it is not online and changing to the lowest data options helps.

Some of those "Smart TV" environments aren't all that good. It's likely the app for that particular OS. How old is it? I'd recommned getting a Roku or one of the more common streaming boxes as they will have more updates and beeter support.
Thanks so much for your advice. We hooked up our Fire TV and the app is working through that. So much for “Smart” TVs

Thanks so much for your advice. We hooked up our Fire TV and the app is working through that. So much for “Smart” TVs

Yeah, your Fire, Roku, or AppleTV platforms are much more advanced whan the "Smart TV" apps and get more frequently updated. Any of those should work better. I'm glad it has helped!

I witnessed the same problem with Disney+ this morning and during today's Monsters At Work episode it kept buffering and work then buffer again then when I looked at it again to watch another cartoon Disney+ shut my Roku down and I couldn't watch Youtube for an hour and until this problem began Disney+ ran great with no troubles but when I watch it on my mom's phone it works with no problem but the Roku version does. Disney should think about fixing glitches like these or have an updated version of Disney+
Hope you fix your problem soon Joy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter