Disney eliminates outside vendor drop off/pickup services. Must meet vendor for drop off/pickup (mobility devices only so far it seems)

Garden Grocer has an update on their FB page. Looks like Disney will have one, exclusive vendor that will be permitted to deliver mobility devices to their resorts.

With this change, we will be left sitting in the lobby until her scooter arrives (and depending on scheduling, I can see that possibly being hours), and will be again sitting in the lobby after it is picked it until its time to leave.
I'm genuinely surprised that so many people think the experienced, long-term businesses which have been able to coordinate deliveries and pickups with their customers for years, based on the customers needs, will suddenly be unable to provide services. It's the stroller companies (one, at least) saying they'll only make a half dozen visits.

If a rental company can't meet your schedule, they would tell you. In advance. Then you could contact one of more other companies to find one that can.
I think Disney better build out bigger lobbies for all the people that will be waiting to pick up and drop off strollers, ECV's, mobility chairs and the like
Or, customers could meet the vendors outdoors. Plenty of room.
The only way I could see Disney doing allowing it again is if Disney rents a space to the vendor (long term, like a multi-year lease minimum) for pick-up, drop-off and have the vendor staff the facility.
Like Buena Vista Scooters currently?
1. "Disney Certified Vendors" who are authorized to utilize bell services.
Ok
Featured. No certified, authorized, approved, etc. But it will apply to these four mobility equipment companies because for the last sevenish years, they are four of the only five* such companies allowed to utilize Bell Services.

I mean, person to person has always been Randy's Mobility policy.

With this change, we will be left sitting in the lobby until her scooter arrives (and depending on scheduling, I can see that possibly being hours), and will be again sitting in the lobby after it is picked it until its time to leave.
I'm genuinely surprised that so many people think the experienced, long-term businesses which have been able to coordinate deliveries and pickups with their customers for years, based on the customers needs, will suddenly be unable to provide services. It's the stroller companies (one, at least) saying they'll only make a half dozen visits.

If a rental company can't meet your schedule, they would tell you. In advance. Then you could contact one of more other companies to find one that can.
I think Disney better build out bigger lobbies for all the people that will be waiting to pick up and drop off strollers, ECV's, mobility chairs and the like
Or, customers could meet the vendors outdoors. Plenty of room.
The only way I could see Disney doing allowing it again is if Disney rents a space to the vendor (long term, like a multi-year lease minimum) for pick-up, drop-off and have the vendor staff the facility.
Like Buena Vista Scooters currently?
1. "Disney Certified Vendors" who are authorized to utilize bell services.
Ok
Featured. No certified, authorized, approved, etc. But it will apply to these four mobility equipment companies because for the last sevenish years, they are four of the only five* such companies allowed to utilize Bell Services.

I mean, person to person has always been Randy's Mobility policy.

IN comments to their post, Garden Grocer said they have heard it is Scooterbug.

SW
This is all a bit confusing. Hopefully Disney clarifies quickly and comes out with its policy. I’m reading all this to say I can only rent a stroller from Scooterbug. And the strollers on their web site are awful.

IN comments to their post, Garden Grocer said they have heard it is Scooterbug.

SW
Yuck. Scooterbug is a national company. Your think with Disney's previous relationship with Walker (repairs) or current situation with BVS, they'd go with a local company.

eta: I take that back - I confused them with Scootaround.

This is all a bit confusing. Hopefully Disney clarifies quickly and comes out with its policy. I’m reading all this to say I can only rent a stroller from Scooterbug. And the strollers on their web site are awful.
of you want something left at bell services than yes. if your willing to meet and drop off to a representative you can use anybody

Not sure if this is all providers of devices, but if you’re going sometime that you can currently book for, there’s a chance the bookings before October 1 are grandfathered in.

We’re going to take a chance and book before then.

I’m confused. After 10/1, I order Amazon Prime (bottled water, snacks, not perishable groceries) to a resort address. What happens?

This just stinks! I just reserved an ECV for our December trip! I'm confused about them honoring reservations made before Oct. 1. I guess I need to call Buena Vista...

Strollers or ECV reservations made before Oct. 1 can be handled at Bell Services; after that date, face to face drop off and pick up times must be arranged for each reservation. So what about usage needed for months past Oct. but reserved before Oct.? It will be a logistics nightmare for large providers, and may be a precursor to even more service staff cuts...who knows. Prices go up, service goes down...
I tend to agree BUT in this case, I think it might have just been getting out of hand since so many ppl now have stuff delivered.

I guess they want us to use their grocery delivery service which is so much more expensive than any of the outside sources. Whatever, I’ll just drive to Walmart on the way in from the airport.
They have a grocery delivery service?

Just me - I have a different take on the issue....

I see this as a Hotel SECURITY issue. One designed to put the Delivery Agent, and Recipient, in the same location at all times. Similar to how Airlines act.

Consider just how large of a bomb could be enclosed in a scooter, Grocery Bag, Stroller - or most anything else :(.

This is not perfect.... but (personal opinion) - it had to be done. I don't think it was done to crap on anyone. I think it was done to do the best that COULD be done, to minimize bad surprises just "showing up" at the WDW Hotels :(.

.... and I dearly hope that I was totally wrong about all of this :(.
Couldn’t anyone plant a bomb in their own luggage? You can store luggage there yourself & go to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter