Disney dream 12/28/12 5 night

Hello all! Thought I would jump in and introduce myself. This is the 2nd cruise for DH, myself and our youngest two. Third cruise for our oldest two (DM & DD treated them to a trip). At the time of the cruise, kids will be DD13, DS11, DD6 and DS3. My parents, close friends and possibly some other family will be traveling with us. Can't wait!!

We will definitely participate in the FE. Although, if we get a huge response, I would suggest we split it up. On my previous cruise, I had more than 30 cabins to visit and with an average of 4 people per cabin... that was more than 120 gifts. It was too much and everyone's FE was overflowing with stuff. I found myself leaving our gifts at their doorstep because there wasn't any room in the FE. Plus it took me hours to deliver them since I could only carry so much and had to keep going back to our cabin to reload. Great workout! I love the idea of the adult exchange!

Looking forward to getting to know you all better. Love the DIS!!

Welcome and the more the merrier!! We are all just passing time until December 28th! :dance3:

Hello everyone! I booked this cruise for my family on New Year's Eve 2011! :) We've never traveled over the holiday before (preferring, generally, to stay home) so this will be a first for us. We've cruised quite a bit - this sailing on the Dream will be our 10th - 2nd with DCL. My kids will turn 12 and 13 this Summer and are already counting the days! Look forward to getting to know you all!

Hello everyone! I booked this cruise for my family on New Year's Eve 2011! :) We've never traveled over the holiday before (preferring, generally, to stay home) so this will be a first for us. We've cruised quite a bit - this sailing on the Dream will be our 10th - 2nd with DCL. My kids will turn 12 and 13 this Summer and are already counting the days! Look forward to getting to know you all!

Welcome! We never leave around the holidays either... So this will be a first for us as well but hey... Can't think of a better way to spend NYE! :santa:

Hi fellow crusiers! I have my deposit paid, this is my 2nd cruise with the same intinery. It will be me and DH, his first cruise. I am so excited but he is a little leary about leaving during the holidays but I WILL convince him that it will be worth it.:thumbsup2:goodvibes:thumbsup2

Hi fellow crusiers! I have my deposit paid, this is my 2nd cruise with the same intinery. It will be me and DH, his first cruise. I am so excited but he is a little leary about leaving during the holidays but I WILL convince him that it will be worth it.:thumbsup2:goodvibes:thumbsup2

Hi Angie - welcome!!! You have done this cruise before? Was it fabulous?pirate:

being my first ever cruise, it was fantastic!! I had no idea what to expect so i just took it all instride and had the best time. Met some other Dis friends and had great private time too. Loved, loved CC days:goodvibes
I know this one will be just as great, i hope my husband will enjoy the cruise.

Wish I had better news, but it looks like I'll be cancelling this cruise. We're having some cutbacks at work, and it looks like I won't be able to take off during the holidays since nobody will be available to cover for me like I'd hoped. Plus I can't convince any of my family members to go with me, and that single supplement is nuts.

Wishing you all the best! Have a great time! And don't worry about me, I have another cruise booked for this summer when the timing is better. :goodvibes

Hello everyone!! We just finalized our booking today and are thrilled to be going on this cruise. We were on the Dream last Christmas and now are going on New Year's -- YEA!! Looking forward to the FE exchange - it was lots of fun :)

We have 6 going (2 cabins) -- 4 adults and 2 kids....Love these Disney cruises!

Sorry to hear that you had to cancel Mathgeek. Have fun on your other cruise!

Thanks! I'm doing one of the 8-night Bahamian cruises out of NY with a stop at WDW. So at least I still get one day at CC!

Have fun! I'll be thinking of you guys when I'm sitting here in the cold and snow in December!

Just had a post on CC referring here taken down with the explanation "This site is a business so referring to competitors is against the rules.
My daughters will be on this cruise and will more than likely take part in the FE event if the number of participants is not too large. So if the numbers get over a dozen or so, I would like to suggest splitting into several groups for those that don't mind the larger numbers they could take part in several groups.

Steve

I just finished reading a huge thread on FE gifts and got tons of ideas!! So looking forward to this cruise. We did a NY cruise on the Magic in 2009...it was so much fun. Disney knows how to celebrate...there was a countdown on the big screen, fireworks & free champagne at midnight :) We also cruised Alaska on the wonder last summer -- so amazing. We were on the Dream last Christmas but it was too short and not really enough time to get to know the ship, however we did ride the Aquaduck several times-- it was a blast! We will be on the Fantasy July 2013 and looking forward to that one also!!

Several of you have asked for an updated list of the FE sign ups and I promise to get those out as soon as we get back from the maiden voyage of the Fantasy which leaves today!!!

My concern on getting a room to receive passes to Atlantis is that Atlantis is sold out of rooms for our arrival date so there might not be passes available from other hotels. Disney will also have their usual allotment sold for our cruise. So will there be passes available? To be honest I do not know, but it is worth checking before making a reservation.

Steve

Hi there --- We are neighbors since we are just south of the Ohio River. When are you leaving for the cruise? We are flying out of CVG on the 27th.

Hi there --- We are neighbors since we are just south of the Ohio River. When are you leaving for the cruise? We are flying out of CVG on the 27th.

We will be leaving from our home in Hilton Head Island on the day before the cruise and will be staying at Country Inn and Suites next to the cruise terminal. They have free parking while you are on the cruise.
Steve

We will be leaving from our home in Hilton Head Island on the day before the cruise and will be staying at Country Inn and Suites next to the cruise terminal. They have free parking while you are on the cruise.
Steve

I love Hilton Head -- we have vacationed there several times. It is beautiful!! We are staying at the Residence Inn the night before the cruise.

Can't wait!! Seems sooooo far away. :stitch:

Our DD is 6 years old, and would love to meet any girls of similar age to play with!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter