Disney dream 12/28/12 5 night

Myself, my sister in law, my nephew (15 at cruise time), my niece (11 at cruise time) will be on this cruise. This is a first cruise for all of us! Verry excited!:cool1: We also have my sister in law's brother ,wife and 2 kids that will be joining us.

My husband and I booked this cruise while onboard the dream in June. We will be going along with our two boys who will be 7 and 4. The 7 year old will have his birthday on board!! We also plan on surprising them next Christmas morning. I just wish it wasn't so far away!

Did anyone else get their info packet from DCL recently? I got mine the other day and was excited until I realized that we still have over a year until this cruise!

360 days!!!!

Hi Everyone! My family is all booked for this special but expensive cruise :).... and they don't even know! I am going to surprise my three kids and hubby too! I can't wait until we can start reading about the NYE cruise from 2011. I have lots to learn... Anyone know exactly what they do special for the kids for NYE? I personally can't think of a better way to ring in the new year! :santa:

We've booked it!! Can't wait, it's been too long since our last DCL cruise over a year...this will be our 2nd NYE cruise, one question...it says that New Years Eve is Pirate Night...does anyone know anything different? I rather enjoyed our formal night being New Years Eve, not sure about being a pirate that night. Please keep us posted on FE's and/or if there will be Secret Mickey's for adults? Should be a great cruise. Also, has anyone rented a cabana on Castaway? and if so what # and did you like your view?:yay:

We've booked it!! Can't wait, it's been too long since our last DCL cruise over a year...this will be our 2nd NYE cruise, one question...it says that New Years Eve is Pirate Night...does anyone know anything different? I rather enjoyed our formal night being New Years Eve, not sure about being a pirate that night. Please keep us posted on FE's and/or if there will be Secret Mickey's for adults? Should be a great cruise. Also, has anyone rented a cabana on Castaway? and if so what # and did you like your view?:yay:

Secret Mickey? Do tell!

We just got back from our Xmas cruise aboard the Magic. We booked this cruise for NYE while on board. This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise, second NYE cruise and first aboard the Dream. Two days at CC - is there any better reason to do this cruise? :cool1:

We just booked and got the last Cat 9 gty room... according to DCL website everything is sold but the Verandas.

This will be our 8th cruise....we are also doing the DCL Alaskan Cruise at the end of June..

DH - Glenn
DW - Barbara
DD - Christina (12)

Looking forward to spending next New Years Eve on the Dream!!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

We just got back from our Xmas cruise aboard the Magic. We booked this cruise for NYE while on board. This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise, second NYE cruise and first aboard the Dream. Two days at CC - is there any better reason to do this cruise? :cool1:

CayonRider- was the Xmas cruise amazing? I am so excited to do the NYE one and can't wait to hear from the cruisers this year!:yay:

We are booked on this as well, me, DH, DD10 and DD4 at sailing time. Also will be with Sister, BIL and her son, who will be 18 then. Thinking of asking my brother, his wife and oldest DD, who will be, gasp, 22.

Hello everyone! Has anyone heard back about any reviews from the NYE cruise that just came back? I have searched and haven't found anything and I am anxiously awaiting....

Well, Our family has booked 3 cabins for this cruise and or we excited? Of course we are. Disney just does it right.
Our 2 daughters and their families do the fish extenders. If you have not done that before, it really is an exciting tradition! The kids look forward to finding what is new each time they return to their cabins.
New years at Castaway Key! Can't wait to see what Disney has in store for this event. Do you think formal bathing suits are required?
Look forward to the post over the next months.

Steve

Bump!! The Secret Mickey is between those Crazy Disney Adults who would like to swap anonymous gifts...in the past there has been $25 to $30 limit, but we are all kids at heart. The kids enjoy the FE's so much, and I love seeing their faces each time we return to the room. Has anyone volunteered to take on the coordination of FE's yet?
Also, confirmed with CM, that yes there is Pirate Night (Nassau evening) and Formal Night (New Years Eve). Our stops are Castaway, Nassau, Castaway and Sea Day. There are conflicting itineraries. Can't wait, is anyone going to try and reserve a Cabana?

I have been reading some of the Dream reviews and there seems to be an overwhelming number of people who do not like it as well as the Wonder or Magic. We have cruised 4 times and they have all been on the Magic. I'm afraid that I am going to be disappointed. It seems that everyone feels as if you spend the first 3 days just finding your way around, and on a 5 day cruise that just leaves 2, wish it was 7. Any thoughts??

I have been reading some of the Dream reviews and there seems to be an overwhelming number of people who do not like it as well as the Wonder or Magic. We have cruised 4 times and they have all been on the Magic. I'm afraid that I am going to be disappointed. It seems that everyone feels as if you spend the first 3 days just finding your way around, and on a 5 day cruise that just leaves 2, wish it was 7. Any thoughts??

Oh NO! Where have you been reading these reviews? I have been searching and haven't been able to find them.

CayonRider- was the Xmas cruise amazing? I am so excited to do the NYE one and can't wait to hear from the cruisers this year!:yay:

The Xmas cruise was great! I thiink the season elevated everyone's sense of well being and friendliness. Formal night was Xmas Eve, Santa was in the main lobby, characters all over the ship. We only wish the temps were a bit warmer - only low to mid 70s the whole week.

The 2010 NYE was a blast - very high energy. There is a big NYE party on deck with live music, characters, fireworks, buffet, etc. We were told they normally do the fireworks for the Pirate deck party (the night before), but on the NYE cruise they save them for NYE. Our favorite feature of the NYE cruise is 2 days at Castaway Cay.

I understand the 2012 NYE cruise will be the last one that stops at CC twice. That itinerary has been dropped from the 2013 schedule. :mad:

The Xmas cruise was great! I thiink the season elevated everyone's sense of well being and friendliness. Formal night was Xmas Eve, Santa was in the main lobby, characters all over the ship. We only wish the temps were a bit warmer - only low to mid 70s the whole week.

The 2010 NYE was a blast - very high energy. There is a big NYE party on deck with live music, characters, fireworks, buffet, etc. We were told they normally do the fireworks for the Pirate deck party (the night before), but on the NYE cruise they save them for NYE. Our favorite feature of the NYE cruise is 2 days at Castaway Cay.

I understand the 2012 NYE cruise will be the last one that stops at CC twice. That itinerary has been dropped from the 2013 schedule. :mad:
Thank you for update CanyonRider! The cruise sounded Amazing!!!! Only wish my family wouldn’t throw a temper tantrum with us leaving for the holidays..
Looking forward to NYE on the Dream in 2012/2013!
Has anyone started a FE list?
I need to start thinking up ideas now! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter