Disney dollars??

pha1226

Mouseketeer
I just read on another board that someone was told that Disney is doing away with Disney dollars. You'll be able to use whatever you have but they will not be making any more. Has anyone heard this? I just bought some last night at the Disney Store and they had plenty and didn't mention anything about this.

I'll be bummed because they were a great motivator and treat for holidays for my kids.:sad1:

I have no information one way or the other, but my gut says that there is no way Disney would do away with these money makers!

How many of us have bought these and put them in scrapbooks? Ummmm, Disney never has to redeem those so that is pure profit.

How many of us buy a couple hundred dollars worth of these at a time, dole them out to the kids a couple dollars a week for allowances so that they save for our next vacation which isn't for months (or years)? Again, this is pure profit for Disney as they get our CASH which they can use interest free. Eventually they'll have to give us food/merchandise in exchange for that, but it's akin to overpaying your taxes to the government so that you get excited about getting a huge refund. Ummmm, that was a free loan of your money to the government not a gift back from them in April!

I hope that they don't do away with them because my kids each have $50 in Disney Dollars....they got them over the last several months as 1/2 of their allowance for our trip and then left the silly things at home! So I just said, no biggie, save them for the next trip. Although considering how much I spend at the Disney store a few times a year, if they're going to do away with them, I'll just buy them back from the kids and get them used up that way. But again, I seriously doubt it's gonna happen.

I asked at our Disney Store on Monday and the manager hadn't heard anything about this. Of course, they don't always know these things, but it didn't sound like something that was being discussed...

They talked about this on this weeks podcast and said they were not doing away with them. :thumbsup2

When I went to replenish my supply last week, the ones she sold me were from 2004 - they had Dumbo on the 1's. I told her I thought the new ones were coming out in Feb. and she told me they will not release the new ones until all the old ones are gone, and they found "massive amounts" in a warehouse.

I've never purchased these....are Disney stores the only place to buy them?

The family I'm hosting on my October trip would probably love to use these to reward the kiddos!

I hope they don't stop them either- I love Disney Dollars. It's definitely a great gift too!

I just bought $75 worth at the disney store for our upcoming trip. nothing said about them being discontinued. But I hope not the kids love them.

The kids got 2007 dollars with Ariel on them. The ones I just bought are from 2005 with Donald.

that was me on the Podcast too and I'm so glad Disney dollars are here to stay. That will teach me to read gossip on other Disney boards!:guilty:

When I went to replenish my supply last week, the ones she sold me were from 2004 - they had Dumbo on the 1's. I told her I thought the new ones were coming out in Feb. and she told me they will not release the new ones until all the old ones are gone, and they found "massive amounts" in a warehouse.

That could very well be true. After the Disney Store's distribution warehouse was inventoried just a few weeks ago, we were sent a LOT of old merchandise like backpacks and last summer's beach towels. Also, when we get DD in, it's a surprise what we get. Sadly, we can't promise that we'll get the new DD in or not in a timely manner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter