Disney Dining while on Weight Watchers

snooty3

Mouseketeer
I'm new to the Weight Watchers program and have an upcoming Disney trip at the end of the month. I'm reaching out to everyone for information about eating at Disney while on Weight Watchers. Is there any websites showing points of Disney foods? Thanks much!

There really aren't any reliable sources for that. I reached out to Disney directly and they would not provide any nutrition information.

To track my food (either on WW or not), I look up nutrition info for similar items at a restaurant that does publish nutrition (or use the WW app to get restaurant points for those items especially if they contain a lot of 0 point foods like veggies, chicken, eggs, etc.). It's not perfect, because nothing is exact, but it at least keeps it all in check for me.

I'm new to the Weight Watchers program and have an upcoming Disney trip at the end of the month. I'm reaching out to everyone for information about eating at Disney while on Weight Watchers. Is there any websites showing points of Disney foods? Thanks much!
@snooty3 - Don't have an answer for you, sorry. But I did want to wish you the best of luck with your weight control journey, and also to have a magical trip!

There really aren't any reliable sources for that. I reached out to Disney directly and they would not provide any nutrition information.

To track my food (either on WW or not), I look up nutrition info for similar items at a restaurant that does publish nutrition (or use the WW app to get restaurant points for those items especially if they contain a lot of 0 point foods like veggies, chicken, eggs, etc.). It's not perfect, because nothing is exact, but it at least keeps it all in check for me.

I'm afraid that is the only way to do it. Use the restaurant points that are similar to the item. The important thing is to keep tracking! Even if you go over in points you will still be better off than not tracking at all. I know that even if I am up a pound or two (or three) it would be much worse if I gave up completely. Try to fit in as much fruits and vegetables as possible. It is very hard but you can do it.

Don't forget to drink your water!!!!! Bring low point snacks with you. Have fun though. Do not stress too much.

I created a thread about this a while ago....I'm not entirely sure on how to find it and link it for you. From my memory, I recall getting some support on that thread. But all in all, I think the biggest thing is you're on vaca....I'm not saying you have to completely de-rail, but you should enjoy yourself. I didn't track while I was there because to me, it was vacation. And vacation for me is a break from reality. Also, remember you're going to be doing a crap ton of walking. I think as long as you make it a point to have some fruits and veggies and tons of water, you should be able to enjoy some no-so-healthy options while you're there. Best of luck!

My wife didn't do weight watchers, but she was losing weight when we last went to WDW. She stopped worrying about what she was eating when we went (she just ate sensibly) and didn't put on any weight - presumably because of all the exercise we were getting with all the walking.

My advice from her experience - just go, enjoy yourself, and enjoy your vacation.

She ended up losing 10 stone in total in the end.

I've never been on Weight Watchers, but before needing an ECV, I used to almost always lose weight on a WDW trip, despite eating enjoyably :), due to all the walking, as everyone's said.

I'm on WW and DH and I went to WDW last month. I tried to make good choices based on what I learned doing WW online. I avoided most (but not all) bread and estimated about a cup's worth of any carb side dish. Chicken and fish were my first choice but I also had a nice steak at Monsieur Paul. Desserts were limited to what DH and I could share. When we ate at Coral Reef, I opted for a salad and added a shrimp skewer from the side dish menu. Water was my beverage of choice except for wine at Monsieur Paul. I tracked every day estimating points from whatever looked reasonable close in the tracker. I found it better to track after each meal so I knew how each meal would impact my choices at the next and made extensive use of the online menus to plan my eating each day. I planned to use all of my weekly points as well as my activity points (something I don't usually do). Make sure to get enough water throughout the day as restaurant food is saltier than what you might be having at home. I gained a pound when I checked the morning after I got home but after another day or so was down almost 5. I attributed that to losing the water weight I had gained from the excess sodium. Have a great time and good luck!

Venture over to the W.I.S.H. forum for more help with this. (We’re Inspired to Stay Healthy). You’ll find lots of support for different eating plans there, and lots of people who have the same concerns. Eating right is always a challenge while traveling!

You’ve gotten good pointers here. You won’t find specific WW Smart Points or nutritional values for Disney meals, so use your “make better choices” skills:

Drink water
Avoid creamy sauces and dressings
Look for lower fat options
Avoid fried food
Minimize bread
Look for those zero point options: fruit, veggies, chicken breast, etc
Start with a low points breakfast (eggs, fruit, no pastry)
Portion control !!

Enjoy treats here and there, but in moderation.

Last edited:
I"ve been on 5 trips (at least) since being on WW. The most important thing is to be mindful. On all but my last trip I did not gain any weight. I let myself have a treat or 2 during the trip but otherwise tried to eat sensibly and watch portion size. The key is to get right back at it when you get home. IF you do that the "weight" you gain will come off in the first week.

This last trip I wasn't really all that careful, ate whatever dessert I wanted really, and gained 3-4 pounds. So not too bad really.

O.k. Everyone says you lost weight because of all the walking but if I do at least 20000 steps a day would I be able to get that in at Disney without a big effort on walking? It usually takes me 2 hours a day to walk that many steps consistently at good pace.

O.k. Everyone says you lost weight because of all the walking but if I do at least 20000 steps a day would I be able to get that in at Disney without a big effort on walking? It usually takes me 2 hours a day to walk that many steps consistently at good pace.
You will be walking and walking some more, you will be amazed how many steps you get in. Enjoy!

Know the zero points list. Try to incorporate that as much as possible. Lean protein, fruits, vegetables, eggs
Pack some snacks or have them ordered. I usually drink a Premier Protein shake (2 points) and eat a banana for breakfast. On our next trip (Universal, not Disney), I plan on generally sticking to that for breakfast.
If you want to track, don't be alarmed at going over. Especially don't be so scared of the Blue Dot. I have lost 23 pounds since January and I rarely get Blue Dot status on a typical day (I like to eat my fitness points).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!