Disney Cruise Line: Simulated Test Sailings With Volunteers Beginning June 29

We have an October MSC and January MSC that we expect will sail and will be making reservations for additional MSC 2022 cruises later today. MSC canceled our late August cruise and we have no issues with that since we expected it. REMEMBER MSC has been sailing in the Med. since last year so they know how to make things work.

ENJOY when you get back on the water's.
I know they are the top family cruise line in Europe, but do you think an off-season cruise out of PC will have kids or teens? I was going Christmas week, but now looking at the second week of December to save money on the cruise, and airfare. Disney, Royal, and Carnival out of Florida always seem to have teens and kids no matter what week it is.

I agree with you on MSC. You can hate their protocols, but their protocols are their protocols and you can decide if they are right for you. I like that they don't change them every day and, they don't segregate people. They do seem to know what they are doing.

Royal says they aren't going to require vaccines, but then a week later they come out and say, but if you're not vaccinated we're going to make life onboard the ship a living hell. Carnivals all over the place with daily changes, and a complete embarrassment in my opinion.

Disney isn't saying anything, but if I was Disney I would copy what MSC is doing and let people make up their own mind. The protocols on MSC are pretty similar to what I experienced at WDW, except they are better because you don't have to wear a mask outside. I'm fine wearing a mask indoors because it will only be in transit to where I'm going to be eating or drinking or on my way outside.

Sign me up! I will be first in line for a vaccinated, adult only Disney cruise… And yes I have children! Lol

I would go but i would want mine as they are over 12 and vaccinated. I would be curious
about the numbers of this group. Im always amazed people assume Disney is overrun with
screaming kids. Platinum here and i have never ever seen that. Maybe because they are at the
clubs or pool or well behaved I don't know. I tend to notice more adults than kids. On our Hawaii
cruise I joked with husband "What have they done with the children?" lol

I would love to see how one just ONE dcl cruise would be with just adults. I know I would go..
my nlaws...a couple friends ...and a couple disney fanatic coworkers would go. I just don't
know if the numbers would be there or it profitable. But it might be fun lol

Last edited:
There has been a whole string of emails sent out telling everyone they don’t have to pay in full until closer to sale date through the end of the year. Everyone knows that is usually the kids of death to those cruises. We may be looking to 2022.
There has been a whole string of emails sent out telling everyone they don’t have to pay in full until closer to sale date through the end of the year. Everyone knows that is usually the kids of death to those cruises. We may be looking to 2022.
My sisnter n law just got one. What a shame. I was hoping there would be some sailings that
go fine so I can try to sneak a Merrytime one in before year is up.

Right down to December 31, 2021. That’s our NYE cruise that I thought for sure would sail.

Right down to December 31, 2021. That’s our NYE cruise that I thought for sure would sail.

On that cruise too. Thought we would be going. Not looking good. I will wait it out a bit longer, but if I want plans for seeking a warm place over the holidays... See how things develop over the next two months. People in my cruise group making plans (hotels/air) for Italy/Greece next June. At a bit under a year away, not even counting on that right now. 🥺

I think some DCL ship, besides the Magic out of the UK will be sailing this year …. they are ready to go with the Dream crew in place and all vaccinated….

I didn't even think about this. We are supposed to cruise on the Magic November 13-18. We received that email on 5/28.

We went ahead and booked WDW that same week and figured we would go after the cruise "when" it sails and just adjust the dates. I was optimistic, but now not so much.

We have been trying to complete the "grand slam" of the original Disney ships before the Wish joins the fleet. At this rate, we will be on the Wish first.

I truly feel for everyone with August and September cruises scheduled. But then the calendar keeps marching forward and August will be here quickly and then it will be our turn to be wondering even more. Thank goodness Southwest airlines is flexible about changing flights.

Last edited:
When did you get your email? I don't recall receiving one.

We got a similar email in March for our September cruise. Also booked on the Magic in January out of Miami, have not gotten anything like this (yet) as so far this only applies to cruises thru Dec 31st.

We got the email yesterday. Today, Tracey our DU agent forwarded her version to us. These referred to our December Merrytime Cruise as well as our Dream NYE cruise.

Weird I'm booked for September but haven't received anything. How far out are the new PIF dates?
When were you paid in full? This is what I got back in march (I sail Sep 3rd)

For sailings through September 30, 2021, we are temporarily extending final payment until 60 days prior to sailing for Guests booked in unrestricted stateroom categories. This means that those Guests who have not yet reached their final payment due date can wait until up to 60 days prior to sailing to pay for their cruise vacation.

When were you paid in full? This is what I got back in march (I sail Sep 3rd)

For sailings through September 30, 2021, we are temporarily extending final payment until 60 days prior to sailing for Guests booked in unrestricted stateroom categories. This means that those Guests who have not yet reached their final payment due date can wait until up to 60 days prior to sailing to pay for their cruise vacation.
I'm not yet paid in full. I booked this after March & my payment due date is 2 months for the cruise, so I guess that explains why I didn't get an email. Thanks for the clarification.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter