Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

Hi everyone! I thought I would share my engagement photos! My soon to be sister-in-law took these. She is an amazing photographer and she offered to take both our engagement and our wedding photos! What a huge weight off our shoulders! I had been worried about using the photographer on the ship, but I had no idea how I would find and/or pay for one to come on the boat with us. The engagement photos were kind of a last minute thing. She actually took them while her and her husband were visiting. They had just been married the previous week and were about to get on their Disney honeymoon cruise! I guess Disney runs in the blood (our kids have no hope). We took these at a small park near our home.

10475583_10153134485364657_2113118136628485591_n.jpg

This is the only shot of the day that was my idea (although my talented photographer set it up). I think it turned out really well!

10523130_10153134485184657_499550760630645698_n.jpg

10500313_10153134484794657_5319114038363213496_n.jpg

I thought this dress would be perfect because of the anchor detail on the belt! I'm planning on wearing this for our first day on-board!

1798749_10153134484539657_7318210328586165966_n.jpg

10405250_10153134484344657_137458936135739644_n.jpg

10440694_10153134483844657_4607276983393887217_n.jpg

10913_10153134483764657_8344765155479630628_n.jpg

10359913_10153134483089657_8261602692152842150_n.jpg

10341430_10153134482904657_4714486147991083076_n.jpg

10494654_10153134482809657_7998957040509166860_n.jpg

10492144_10153134482804657_6229644203374776762_n.jpg

10443515_10153134482509657_3744708078287232030_n.jpg

10492453_10153134482499657_6539067401474439090_n.jpg

Hello everyone!
I'm new to the disboard and even though I'm getting married soon I just discovered this board. My fiancé and I are getting married on castaway cay during our 4 night cruise to the Bahamas. Our sail date is September 14 so it's only 33 days away!!! I can't wait!

Hello everyone!
I'm new to the disboard and even though I'm getting married soon I just discovered this board. My fiancé and I are getting married on castaway cay during our 4 night cruise to the Bahamas. Our sail date is September 14 so it's only 33 days away!!! I can't wait!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding :goodvibes and welcome to the disboards this board is a great place to get ideas! Are you going to be doing a Trip Report would love to hear all about your wedding!

Happy Planning
Melissa

So in my wedding budget, I have a whole column just for tipping. What's everyone feelings on tipping the staff for the ceremony like the pianist, staff who are setting up/pouring drinks, and specifically the wedding coordinator? How many people are usually there to help during the ceremony?

So in my wedding budget, I have a whole column just for tipping. What's everyone feelings on tipping the staff for the ceremony like the pianist, staff who are setting up/pouring drinks, and specifically the wedding coordinator? How many people are usually there to help during the ceremony?

I think tipping everyone is important. The coordinator is probably the most important, but all the people there are making your day something special. Your coordinator can probably give you the best idea of who/how many people will be involved.

My plan is to get nice thank you cards and write nice (generic) things in all of them (with the exception of the coordinator, I will probably write something more personal here). I will add the tips to these envelopes.

I am planning on making 5 or so extra of these just in case for people I may have forgotten. I figure worst case they don't get used and all I have wasted is the card.

As far as how much, that's harder. Coordinator I would say it depends on your happiness with their service. (heck this is true for everyone involved, not just the coordinator) My plan is a few hundred dollars for the coordinator. This person is in charge of making my big day perfect, as long as they don't screw it up, I want them to know I appreciate it, more if they really go above and beyond. Servers, I am leaning more toward $5-7. Its only a few hours of their time for the reception, but I want them to feel appreciated. If it is too many people and your feeling the squeeze of the budget I would say even nice handwritten cards here are a nice touch.

Pianist and Officiant? maybe $50 each in my opinion. Again they are important and play a larger roll. I would up this for your pianist if you are asking for something complicated or "off menu" songs.

Most importantly I will be designating someone else to handle handing these out. I don't want to have to be thinking about tipping everyone during the wedding.

Hey Everyone!

Hope everyones planning is going wonderful and with as minimal stress as possible (wishful thinking ) :rotfl:

So I had a question, I am thinking of framing my wedding dress to put it up in my walk in closet, I want to know has anyone done this or thinking of doing this and where to start with it? My wedding isn't for a while but I want to start getting together the logistics now.

Any help is appreciated!

We leave for our "research cruise" on the Disney Dream on Thursday. If there's anything you think we should check out or would like us to check out, let me know. So excited!

Well, it's been a fair while since I was here so I thought I'd give you all an update before I get on the Magic this Saturday.

Like others before me, I have found the lack of communication between departments to be very lacking in DCL. It has been my major frustration to be honest.

We wanted Palo brunch for our wedding party, we couldn't have it due to the numbers. We have 54 to the wedding, but wanted around 25 spaces for Palo. It was an absolute no and we even went and spoke to the chef and head honcho in Palo on our cruise in June .. it was a no due to the reasons already given by Orion (small kitchen).
We then thought we'd have some desserts for our 1 hour reception from the Groups Menu .. this was fine but we actually didn't go with it in the end.

Because we have so many people at the ceremony, we couldn't comfortably hold it in Keys which was out first choice. Although 54 people standing up drinking would be fine, seating that many people would be nigh on impossible and many would have their view blocked by the pillars in there. Our favourite staff members are in there though so we have had DCL agree that they can be our servers for the reception. So, now we are in D Lounge and I'm sure it'll be perfect .. we're not precious about many things really, so D Lounge is fine.::yes::
On our cruise in June, we met up with the wedding co-ordinator and she was fine to a point. There was a lot of 'it's not my decision' going on and that was frustrating. More frustrating was the fact that she wouldn't tell the right people (shoreside) that my plan was ok with her. I figured if she told shoreside it was ok for the ship to accommodate my wishes, it may help them make a decision. She told me it was ok, but when I asked her to pass that to shoreside, she then repeated the 'it's not my decision' line. I knew it wasn't her decision, I just wanted her to speak to them .. arghghhggh. I ended up walking off as she frustrated me so much ... can deal with a 'no', but not what I got from her!

Anyway, we're all set for Friday 12th Sept. We got our requested date, but not the time. The time is a big issue for me as we are on main dining (6pm). ceremony is 4-5pm, then within 1 hour, we have to be seated for dinner. No time for photos outside and around the ship, no time to stop and talk to people. This is the only thing that I am precious about and DCL really need to look at their timings as 4pm is not appropriate. Before anyone screams about us fitting in with the Captains schedule ... bear in mind, this is a transatlantic sailing and this would be the first of 5 days at sea. What could the Captain (or officiant) possibly be doing earlier in the afternoon that someone else couldn't do? As I said, it's my only big annoyance, so be prepared for a major rush if you are in the same boat (no pun intended).

I've changed the words that the Captain will speak as they were so mushy, we all felt sick reading them. Neither of us are big romantics so I have re-done his words. I had to send them to Kaity for approval as obviously DCL don't want anything offensive (ours are not anything like that).

Did I tell you we are having the bar open during the reception? Bar staff cost $25 per hour per staff member, or maybe it was $15 .. blimey, brain has gone! Anyway, we have our favourites from Keys joining us hopefully.

I have chosen all of our music from Spotify. If you don't know what it is, download it, it's awesome! It has all genres of music, all artists and most songs every released. By paying a small amount per month, you can listen to the songs offline too. I have created playlists (bride aisle, bride & groom aisle, guests arrival etc), bought the necessary leads and connectors and I will be able to plug my Ipad or Iphone in to their system for the music. I'm not sure who will be pressing the buttons to get the right playlist going at the right time, but I'll figure that one out once we get onboard.

For dinner, we have chosen to eat in Lumieres for the wedding night as it's our favourite restaurant. They met that request fairly easily.
We had some guests on main dining and some on late which caused confusion for them, but our TA has been a great help here as she has stacks of experience on DCL ships so knows the layouts etc. We wanted a table of 10, plus tables of 5, 6 and 4 for main dining, then tables of 14, 4, 4 and 6 for late dining. They sent me an excel sheet with the proposed tables on it .. I had to put the names in. It was painless, but our TA had to make numerous changes to their mistakes.
I was already aware that Table 1 and 2 may be next to each other in one restaurant but not another, so it won't be a shock to me when we're a little way apart from friends/family in Cariocas or AP.
We have requested one server by name but I do not know if we'll get him until we arrive.

For Palo, we have: dinner for 14 in the private dining room on the 11th. Brunch for 18 in main room the morning after the ceremony. We have 14 people at 10am and the rest at 10:30am .. the late people will arrive at 10:15am. Our tables will all be close, but not one obviously.

So, in summary ...
We cruise this Saturday, get married on the 12th in D Lounge, have 54 guests, have done gift bags but will be delivering them ourselves, have not put music on a CD and will still try to get them to start earlier!

There you have it ... only a few days until we sail and I can't bleddy wait. Did I mention we upgraded to a 1 bed concierge too? We're gleeful as never done it before and probably won't do it again, but for 2 whole weeks, we get the space and luxury .. wohoohoho :cool1::cool1:

I'll post updates when I come back, but if anyone has specific questions for the Magic, please let me know.

Joa

Wow, despite the stress that DCL have caused you, it really does sound like you are going to have an amazing day
Yay for the concierge room, that's going to be wonderful on a two week cruise
Hope you have a beautiful wedding day and I for one can't wait to hear all about it when you return :-)

Well, it's been a fair while since I was here so I thought I'd give you all an update before I get on the Magic this Saturday.

Like others before me, I have found the lack of communication between departments to be very lacking in DCL. It has been my major frustration to be honest.

We wanted Palo brunch for our wedding party, we couldn't have it due to the numbers. We have 54 to the wedding, but wanted around 25 spaces for Palo. It was an absolute no and we even went and spoke to the chef and head honcho in Palo on our cruise in June .. it was a no due to the reasons already given by Orion (small kitchen).
We then thought we'd have some desserts for our 1 hour reception from the Groups Menu .. this was fine but we actually didn't go with it in the end.

Because we have so many people at the ceremony, we couldn't comfortably hold it in Keys which was out first choice. Although 54 people standing up drinking would be fine, seating that many people would be nigh on impossible and many would have their view blocked by the pillars in there. Our favourite staff members are in there though so we have had DCL agree that they can be our servers for the reception. So, now we are in D Lounge and I'm sure it'll be perfect .. we're not precious about many things really, so D Lounge is fine.::yes::
On our cruise in June, we met up with the wedding co-ordinator and she was fine to a point. There was a lot of 'it's not my decision' going on and that was frustrating. More frustrating was the fact that she wouldn't tell the right people (shoreside) that my plan was ok with her. I figured if she told shoreside it was ok for the ship to accommodate my wishes, it may help them make a decision. She told me it was ok, but when I asked her to pass that to shoreside, she then repeated the 'it's not my decision' line. I knew it wasn't her decision, I just wanted her to speak to them .. arghghhggh. I ended up walking off as she frustrated me so much ... can deal with a 'no', but not what I got from her!

Anyway, we're all set for Friday 12th Sept. We got our requested date, but not the time. The time is a big issue for me as we are on main dining (6pm). ceremony is 4-5pm, then within 1 hour, we have to be seated for dinner. No time for photos outside and around the ship, no time to stop and talk to people. This is the only thing that I am precious about and DCL really need to look at their timings as 4pm is not appropriate. Before anyone screams about us fitting in with the Captains schedule ... bear in mind, this is a transatlantic sailing and this would be the first of 5 days at sea. What could the Captain (or officiant) possibly be doing earlier in the afternoon that someone else couldn't do? As I said, it's my only big annoyance, so be prepared for a major rush if you are in the same boat (no pun intended).

I've changed the words that the Captain will speak as they were so mushy, we all felt sick reading them. Neither of us are big romantics so I have re-done his words. I had to send them to Kaity for approval as obviously DCL don't want anything offensive (ours are not anything like that).

Did I tell you we are having the bar open during the reception? Bar staff cost $25 per hour per staff member, or maybe it was $15 .. blimey, brain has gone! Anyway, we have our favourites from Keys joining us hopefully.

I have chosen all of our music from Spotify. If you don't know what it is, download it, it's awesome! It has all genres of music, all artists and most songs every released. By paying a small amount per month, you can listen to the songs offline too. I have created playlists (bride aisle, bride & groom aisle, guests arrival etc), bought the necessary leads and connectors and I will be able to plug my Ipad or Iphone in to their system for the music. I'm not sure who will be pressing the buttons to get the right playlist going at the right time, but I'll figure that one out once we get onboard.

For dinner, we have chosen to eat in Lumieres for the wedding night as it's our favourite restaurant. They met that request fairly easily.
We had some guests on main dining and some on late which caused confusion for them, but our TA has been a great help here as she has stacks of experience on DCL ships so knows the layouts etc. We wanted a table of 10, plus tables of 5, 6 and 4 for main dining, then tables of 14, 4, 4 and 6 for late dining. They sent me an excel sheet with the proposed tables on it .. I had to put the names in. It was painless, but our TA had to make numerous changes to their mistakes.
I was already aware that Table 1 and 2 may be next to each other in one restaurant but not another, so it won't be a shock to me when we're a little way apart from friends/family in Cariocas or AP.
We have requested one server by name but I do not know if we'll get him until we arrive.

For Palo, we have: dinner for 14 in the private dining room on the 11th. Brunch for 18 in main room the morning after the ceremony. We have 14 people at 10am and the rest at 10:30am .. the late people will arrive at 10:15am. Our tables will all be close, but not one obviously.

So, in summary ...
We cruise this Saturday, get married on the 12th in D Lounge, have 54 guests, have done gift bags but will be delivering them ourselves, have not put music on a CD and will still try to get them to start earlier!

There you have it ... only a few days until we sail and I can't bleddy wait. Did I mention we upgraded to a 1 bed concierge too? We're gleeful as never done it before and probably won't do it again, but for 2 whole weeks, we get the space and luxury .. wohoohoho :cool1::cool1:

I'll post updates when I come back, but if anyone has specific questions for the Magic, please let me know.

Joa

Congratulations on your wedding finally being here I know you have to be so excited and a two week trip how amazing is that :)

Sorry to hear about all the issues you have had, its so hard sometimes with DCL you get a bunch on no's from some people and yes from others! Your day sounds like it will be extremely magical and beautiful and I wish you good luck! :wizard:

Make sure to do a trip report when you get back I would love to hear all about it :goodvibes

It's completely silly how difficult they are with special requests! I wanted something low maintenance and that's why I picked DCL but that doesn't mean that I don't want ANYTHING special. I mean c'mon.

Either way-I'm sure it'll be great! So fun that you are having your event on the transatlantic cruise!! That'll be so fun for your guests!! I can't believe over 50 people could take off that long! You must be well-loved :)

bought the necessary leads and connectors and I will be able to plug my Ipad or Iphone in to their system for the music. I'm not sure who will be pressing the buttons to get the right playlist going at the right time, but I'll figure that one out once we get onboard.

Joa

Can you pass along what the cord was that they want/needed? or post a photo?

I will make a cd but also want the ipod JIC as a backup.

Thanks!

We just got back from a fantastic research cruise on the Disney Dream (trip report is in my PJ). Due to the high volume of small children, we spent the bulk of our time in the adult areas. On our actual wedding trip, we will have a few kids with us and I was wondering if anyone found good places to spend family time aside from the pool deck. Also, what did you enjoy doing after dinner in a mixed-age group? Thanks!

Hello fellow Brides! Originally, our guest count was roughly 18, It is now up to 29, not including us. My concern is that I really want to have the ceremony in the Outlook on the Dream. On the website it says the max number of guests is 28. Does anyone know if they would be willing to stretch that number? I'm not sure if they cant fit more people due to fire codes or because of seating. We have 2 guests who wont need seating during the ceremony because one is our officiant and one is our photographer. Also, one guest will only be about 2 years old when we sail so he will probably be sitting in a lap. I know the next option is to have the ceremony in one of the larger bars but I am really against this because I just don't like the look for a wedding and I don't want to get married on Castaway. Que frustrated Bride *sigh*. Anyone with a similar experience?

Kathryn

I had a quick question from past and present brides, are we allowed to have our own vows during the onboard cermoney, my DF was very adamant about that and I can't see that being a big deal but I wasn't 100% sure has anyone else done this or know about it?

I believe you are allowed to have your own vows. I can't remember if they asked on our planning guide or once onboard but we were asked if we had our own or we're going to recite the traditional ones.

I believe you are allowed to have your own vows. I can't remember if they asked on our planning guide or once onboard but we were asked if we had our own or we're going to recite the traditional ones.

That's really good to hear! I will just put it on my planning guide I think saying your own vows make the ceremony so much more personal :goodvibes

Hello! Here's an example of a couple who utilized the Disney officiant and personalized their vows/ceremony:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG4S6QJ_6Vg

Thank you so much for posting that :thumbsup2 that was so helpful to be able to see how the ceremony goes and their vows were so cute loved that the groom teared up and loved his bowtie (ideas for groomsmen hmm;)) and do you think they would let us decorate up the outlook more its pretty but maybe some chair bows or aisle runner or something??

any one been married their and done more?

Hello fellow Brides! Originally, our guest count was roughly 18, It is now up to 29, not including us. My concern is that I really want to have the ceremony in the Outlook on the Dream. On the website it says the max number of guests is 28. Does anyone know if they would be willing to stretch that number? I'm not sure if they cant fit more people due to fire codes or because of seating. We have 2 guests who wont need seating during the ceremony because one is our officiant and one is our photographer. Also, one guest will only be about 2 years old when we sail so he will probably be sitting in a lap. I know the next option is to have the ceremony in one of the larger bars but I am really against this because I just don't like the look for a wedding and I don't want to get married on Castaway. Que frustrated Bride *sigh*. Anyone with a similar experience?

Kathryn

I had the exact same question I have 31 people and really want the outlook I emailed Kaity today and she said that should not be a problem at all! I also have photographers who won't be utilizing seats so she doesn't see a reason why not! Its so nice to get a yes once in a while :rotfl: hope that helps!

Melissa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter