Disney Changes Vaccination Requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point is they saw a tremendous increase in bookings immediately after lowering restrictions. It is going to be hard for Disney to compete for customers if their competitors all have a much easier experience.

I know I’m very close to canceling my Wish Cruise for Spring Break next year and just booking RC because I’m tired of trying to predict what Disney will do.
If hadn‘t already booked a VGT rate on the Dream in September. I’d be booking the Mardi Gras or a Royal ship. You would have to be a huge DCL fan to choose Disney over another cruise line right now.

Very interesting release by Carnival here. Not sure Disney is going to be able to keep all their requirements in place from a financial standpoint. They may be at a big competitive disadvantage soon.

https://carnival-news.com/2022/08/1...-comparison-after-covid-protocols-simplified/
It'll be interesting to see how it compares over the next few months. Comparing August 15th 2019 to August 15th 2022 is a bit weird without further context. Do they typically get 10 bookings on this regular day? Do they get 5000? How was booking comparison from August 14th 2019 to August 14th 2022? How does the rest of the month look or even today for that matter? I'd certainly imagine the change will generate additional interest from people who couldn't cruise before, but I don't know if if a single days worth of information is enough to say Disney is at a big competitive disadvantage.

LOL gosh this happened so much when we are at WDW 2 weeks ago. It was just...odd. "Hi friends, this way friends, how many in our party friends" Really missed the old greetings before everything changed.
It’s as annoying as being called miss because some women find mam offensive. I find being called miss patronizing. I’m clearly not a miss no need to pretend that I am. I think the crew on the ships would have a hard time adapting to friend. Sir, mam and madam seem to be ingrained in their culture and thankfully miss is not.

It would be nice if people didn't judge those who still take Covid precautions in their lives. Thanks!
I must have missed some posts. I have not seen anyone judging those who take precautions, but it has felt like you have been judging those that cannot take the vaccine for various reasons. Even the CDC says there is no difference between the vaccinated and unvaccinated at this time. We all need to do what we think is best during this difficult time.

Why? I still don’t understand and never will. I’m so thankful it isn’t becoming the norm here.
They wear masks for a few reasons. For some, it's a fashion statement. For others, it's a method of retaining some additional privacy in public. Others wear them because they're sick and wish to limit the spread of illness.

Masks are very common in Japan and they have been for a long time.

They wear masks for a few reasons. For some, it's a fashion statement. For others, it's a method of retaining some additional privacy in public. Others wear them because they're sick and wish to limit the spread of illness.

The limiting spreading illness is such a great cultural move. I can't stand how often I'll be in the office and people show up while sick (even pre covid). I can understand feeling the need to work, but a mask would be perfect for those situations to limit getting everyone else sick.

I heard also because of allergies. My mom actually bought some to use in Garden for the very reason in 2016.

The limiting spreading illness is such a great cultural move. I can't stand how often I'll be in the office and people show up while sick (even pre covid). I can understand feeling the need to work, but a mask would be perfect for those situations to limit getting everyone else sick.
I agree. I hope people have the right thoughts to at least now wear a mask when sick if they really can't stay home

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter