• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Changes Vaccination Requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
The limiting spreading illness is such a great cultural move. I can't stand how often I'll be in the office and people show up while sick (even pre covid). I can understand feeling the need to work, but a mask would be perfect for those situations to limit getting everyone else sick.
Ugh....I have someone at my office who has been sick for 2 weeks. Bad cough. She just keeps coming to the office, walking around, coughing everywhere, and NO MASK IN SIGHT! I wish she'd work from home or wear a mask in the office. I'm really trying not to get sick before my next trip! (Or just in general, cause her cough sounds painful!)

It'll be interesting to see how it compares over the next few months. Comparing August 15th 2019 to August 15th 2022 is a bit weird without further context. Do they typically get 10 bookings on this regular day? Do they get 5000? How was booking comparison from August 14th 2019 to August 14th 2022? How does the rest of the month look or even today for that matter? I'd certainly imagine the change will generate additional interest from people who couldn't cruise before, but I don't know if if a single days worth of information is enough to say Disney is at a big competitive disadvantage.

The president of Carnival went on to say that August is historically a slow month for bookings. The reason it's so significant is because Monday was the first business day Carnival was open after dropping the vax and testing requirements (they were dropped Friday the 12th in the afternoon.) Carnival said there clearly is pent-up demand they weren't reaching with the protocols.

Ugh....I have someone at my office who has been sick for 2 weeks. Bad cough. She just keeps coming to the office, walking around, coughing everywhere, and NO MASK IN SIGHT! I wish she'd work from home or wear a mask in the office. I'm really trying not to get sick before my next trip! (Or just in general, cause her cough sounds painful!)

But are you sure they are contagious? I almost guarantee if I get a bad cold I end up with an annoying cough for 1-2 weeks after but its not contagious. It is annoying as ever and does sometimes sound terrible.

The president of Carnival went on to say that August is historically a slow month for bookings. The reason it's so significant is because Monday was the first business day Carnival was open after dropping the vax and testing requirements (they were dropped Friday the 12th in the afternoon.) Carnival said there clearly is pent-up demand they weren't reaching with the protocols.

There will be another wave once all testing requirements drop. It was always clear there was demand waiting for vax mandates to drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter