Disney bound NJ brides, identify yourselves!!!!

Yes lets!
Thats so funny! We are doing the same exact thing!!!
Our ceremony starts at 730 - so its candle light! :) I sm so excited.
We are not staying for our honeymoon - we are staying for a week and then going to Hawaii in December for 2 weeks.
Who is your wedding planner?
What time is your ceremony?
:)

Are you seriously doing the same thing? How hysterical! Do you have Disney doing your photography and videography or an outside company? That's the only thing we're having doubts about.

Right now I have Kristi Davis working on my preliminaries and then I'll get my Event Manager in a week or two. We're planning on going down in June for our Planning Session.

Cheers to the November 11, NJ Brides!!! :cheer2:

Hey there... I'm from northern Bergen County - about 10 mins from the NY state border. :thumbsup2 I didn't realize how many NJ brides there were on this board! Nice to know I'm not alone. :sunny:

Oh my goodness!! Kryssi, you are getting married exactly one month before us. Our date is Dec. 11, 2006 and we are working with Kristi Davis as well. She's been really sweet and helpful with everything. We sign our contract in 2 weeks. I can't wait!!!! :Pinkbounc :banana: :wizard:

we are using a fmaily friend who has done all family weddings. I was torn too, I know they charge a fee for bringing your own vendors in. oh well!

Are you having a big wedding??
I am so excited we leave in 2 days for our planning session! :cloud9:

have you found an invitation place yet??

Whilykit said:
we are using a fmaily friend who has done all family weddings. I was torn too, I know they charge a fee for bringing your own vendors in. oh well!

Are you having a big wedding??
I am so excited we leave in 2 days for our planning session! :cloud9:

have you found an invitation place yet??

Not really a big wedding as in amount of guests...about 40 people, but with all the wedding components we're having it would be the same cost as having 100 people in NJ! (this is WAAAYYY better though!)

I'm gonna go with the people from FairyTaleWedding.com for my invites, seat cards, menus and programs. They'll do everything custom for brides who marry at Disney. We're spending so much at this point that a few more hundred won't really matter, lol.

Nice that you have a family photographer...I bet those photos will be gorgeous. Can't wait to see them.

happylalagirl said:
Hey there... I'm from northern Bergen County - about 10 mins from the NY state border. :thumbsup2 I didn't realize how many NJ brides there were on this board! Nice to know I'm not alone. :sunny:

Oh my goodness!! Kryssi, you are getting married exactly one month before us. Our date is Dec. 11, 2006 and we are working with Kristi Davis as well. She's been really sweet and helpful with everything. We sign our contract in 2 weeks. I can't wait!!!! :Pinkbounc :banana: :wizard:

Hi there! You're getting married exactly one month from me and WhilyKit!

I agree about Kristi, she's great! I'm just getting to finishing up the info she needs and will send it back by the beginning of next week so we can sign our contracts as well.

Jersey Brides Rule!!!!

Kryssi steered me this way from another thread! Wow! There ARE alot of Jersey brides here!!!

It sounds like most of you are up north? I'm all the way down here in Salem County (don't poke fun!), on the Delaware about 20-25 min from Philly. I'm originally from California, though, but DH2B is Jersey born & bred...

We'll be getting married in the fall, too! An intimate at Sea Breeze on Oct. 23rd!

:wave2:

I was born in Philly, but grew up in South Jersey (Gloucester Co.)...DF was born and raised near the Central Jersey shore (Ocean Co.). We met in college in North Jersey (Hudson Co.) and now we live in Bergen Co.

Hey! Just got back from the planning session - WHEW~ :sunny: A couple of things I want to share. WOW! what a day! 6 hours FLEW by! Everyone was so nice and helpful - but be prepared to make alllll decisions in one day.
At about the 5 hour mark ( on no breakfast) we were exhausted... the organ player ( WP) buzzed in ( he was a fabulous spirit) and dragged me outside screamin "oh honey you just have to hear this little dream machine" - so fun! I was hesitant about a church sounding organ, I stood there with tears in my eyes listening to this man play the most beautful sounds I have ever heard! Not to mention the WP is the most amazing place - castle in the background, flowers everywhere, smiling people. This day will be no less than magical. is this all for real? :cloud9:

Everyone was so helpful, we got a lot done. Some things are still a work in progress. One thing I was not prepared for... the price! We scaled things back and are still above the budget. I guess you only do this once right?? :confused3

We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge and the rooms are fantastic, not to mention they are redoing the entire hotel before November!! Yeehaw!

Ive rambled enough, it was a great week, Im glad we have the planning underway. :Pinkbounc

Kit, that's fantastic! We'll be doing this ourselves next month.

I'm so glad everything worked out for you and that now you can take a breath and concentrate on other things with all of that out of the way!

You are going to have so much fun!! The cake tasting was super fun! Im sure you have done this, but, eat dinner at Narcosees at the GF at about 830 - 9. Get a window seat, we were in awe! The fireworks were amazing, the restaurant turned down the lights and played the whole audio show in side, we didnt even have to get up. Oh so magical! :)

Can I please just say how much I LOVE that this thread has gone to 3 pages?! We Jersey brides have such solidarity!!! ;)

I hope all are doing well and not stressing too much...I personally have calmed down quite a bit in the last couple of days...my Jason found a huge bottle of Vodka down stairs from a party two years ago :cool1: ...ahhhh relaxation! ;) :rotfl:

just kidding...sort of... :rotfl:

loves to all!!!

Kit, I'll definitely do that! Did you have to do anything special to get the window seat?

Oh and Katy...this will be you if ya keep hittin' that vodka! --->:rotfl2:

Just Kidding, lol!

LOL I told the hostess we were getting married, the one girl was super rude, and I was suprised for Disney, but the other winked and whispered "you got it" ;)

It was a saturday too! Ah, I am so sad to be home :guilty:

Ps, this is great that we all have so much to say - indicative of jersey girls! :cheer2:

A CM was rude to you? Well that stinks and I'm sorry you had to go through that.

As for being home, yeah don't you hate that? I love my home and all but I can only cram so much Disney stuff in it and getting that Mr. Toad ride in here was hard with all the stairs! :teeth:

Hey kit!!! :wave:
Well the reason it's been quiet from North Jersey is b/c my DF and I had a lovely and bonding case of FOOD POISENING!!!! Oh my...y'all don't even want to imagine. I have never in all my living life felt so sick! Oh good lord. It seems I was delirious and crying between barfing sessions. My mom called and I was hysterical b/c it seems I had said something mean to Jason! :rotfl: He says I didn't and I don't remember even talking to my mom! It was BAD!

and THEN, yesterday...oh my...I took one of my rings to get cleaned but it wasn't the store where J. had gotten my engagement ring but the jeweler said she'd steam it up anyhow...when she gives it back to me I nearly had heart failure! There was this huge SCRATCH thing across the surface. Immediately the woman is all defensive saying "I didn't do that"...I never said she did, but there was something there and it was jumping out. Jason absolutely freaked out. We had to go all the way to the place where my ring was made...(they make all of Carmela's diamond pieces for the SOPRANOS!! :rotfl2: ) Anyhow, jason hates that I find that so amusing...but the guy looked at it and was instantly mortified...he didn't know how on earth that would have happened to my ring. Long story short, after everyone and their dog looked at it, I ended up getting a different stone. :guilty: I was sad b/c I like my stone...but the new stone is BIGGER!!! :woohoo: Gorgeous...but not the one my sweetie gave to me initially. But y'all can just call me Meadow Soprano! The jeweler said I am an Irish girl with an Italian engagment ring!!! :rotfl:

anyhow that's my craziness...how is everyone else?! :cheer2:

WOW! you are right! what crazines!! so sorry to hear about your ring.. although bigger is better :thumbsup2

Ive been sick as well, so i feel your pain! Glad to be feeling better! I am starting to work on invitations and stuff and I didnt realize there is so much to do! the closer the wedding gets, the more there is to do :sad2: Its overwhelming. :hourglass

We booked out honeymoon suite at the WL. we are so excited about that, and booked the dress steaming for the wedding day. all these little things add up!
Where are you guys staying??

Ohhhh YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!! :cheer2: That is where I wanted to stay!! But after much whining from me ;) and sad glances at the Wilderness Lodge homepage, we decided on Port Orleans French Quarter. My DF just cannot justify spending money on a deluxe resort when he knows that we will be spending most of the time in the parks. He is so ADD that sitting around "relaxing" just will NOT work for him! He's right...I get it...but he has promised that we will go back for Christmas and stay at WL!!! :woohoo:

where are y'all staying?

sorry to hear you were sick!! Glad you are on the mend!!!

I do love my new stone...it's gorgeous...but now I'm afraid to bump it or snag it anything like that...but it's a DIAMOND for pete's sake!! It's the hardest substance on earth!! I must be REALLY hard on things! :lmao:

Hey there... sorry to hear you were sick... I get a stomach virus and I'm a baby... I can't imagine having food poisoning. :sad2: Anyway, the DH2B and I went to the mall yesterday (all us Jersey girls know how many of those we have) and started looking at wedding bands. I know it's early, but my fiance never wears a ring and so he's picky about what he wants... argh... and they say women are difficult. :smooth: Anyway, I found one that I loved!!! It was at Kay jewelers and it was so different, but beautiful and not overwhelming. I plan on wearing my engagement ring forever~ :love: I showed it to him and he was like that's nice... then when we got in the car, he told me he liked it by itself but not when it was next to my engagement ring. I was bummed... but he told me he had seen another one (I couldn't believe he had actually been looking on his own) that had bigger diamonds and that would like nicer next to my E-ring. I told him I didn't need more big diamonds (Am I sure I was born & raised in Jersey after making a comment like that?) that I wanted something simple but pretty and not huge... he said when he remembers where he saw it (typical male), he would take me to look at it. Lucky for me there's only 4 large malls within a 15 mile radius of where I live that he could have seen it. :rolleyes: Ahhhh, boys... I just needed to vent.

I am coming to the end of my spring semester of school. Only 9 more credits and I graduate. August 8th is my last day as an undergrad. Only took me 12 years... (I took a 7 year hiatus). :) I am going to be 30 years old in less than 2 weeks. I am starting grad school in the Fall and we are gettign married in December. Sometimes, i wish I could just fast forward to August so school is over with and I can focus on more weddign stuff (and go to our planning session.)

WOW!! I so wrote too much!! I'm sorry guys!! Thanks for listening!! I'm glad there are so many Jersey girls getting married on here!! :cheer2: :woohoo: We just seem to be able to understand each other. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter