Disney Beach Club Wristband Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tinker74 said:
Sorry you think that....Yet I suppose poly rules attitude is just fime in your book. :teeth:
Iam proud that I stick up for the little man....I actually care about other peoples experience at disney...not just the selfish few who think because they paid big bucks they are entitled.
As iam coming from the UK it is costing me an enormous amount...aprox$12000 to stay for 2 weeks.....yet I don't mind giving up my chair to a granny.....Yet you call that an attitude.....Well in that case iam proud to have attitude. :sunny: :thumbsup2

Well if you really care about the little man why don't YOU pay for a family that is less fortunate to stay at a deluxe resort ? I am one of those people who actually put their money where there mouth is and donates enough points for Others to enjoy a WDW experience. :thumbsup2 If more people like yourself were willing to do the same then there wouldn't be the as many families on waiting lists to go to Disney. Just a thought.

Ok this is really my last word... :teeth: You have no idea what I do for charity...but I think it would be tacky of me to tell everyone exactly what...But rest assured a do a lot. :wizard:

babby said:
The charge for a deluxe extra person in 25 I believe? Absurd! Will the grandmother be swimming? If not, I think she should be allowed to sit at a table and watch her grandkids swim. What harm would that be?

The harm is that there will not be tables and chairs for the paying guests of the hotel to use. Trust me - this happened to us in our visit in late February - the pool area was so crowded, it was very difficult to find a chair to sit at. If non-guests of the hotel are allowed to be at the pool, this would only be much worse.

Isn't there ANYPLACE else you can hang out with your grandmother for the afternoon? Perhaps shopping at DTD? Something less controversial?

I'd hazard a guess that dependingon the time of year and crowd levels you may actually be told by management (when you ask at the hotel that day) that you cannot bring a guest to the pool area. If it's a slow time of year they may grant you permission. It's very subjective depending on those factors AND the mood of the manager you speak to. I'd try to find someplace else to hang out.

All this bickering back and forth...nonsense. Let management decide if they are allowing extra guests at that time. YES, if everyone brings an extra guest there will be no room for the paying customers, so you'll need to go to management to let them decide where/when the cut-off will be for allowing outsiders. Me personally, I'm against pool-hopping and anyone not officially staying at a resort using the pool and wouldn't ever bring any of my visiting family to the pool to hang out for the day. In OCT when my cousins met up with DH and I on our honeymoon, we spent the afternoon in Epcot hanging out...not the pool. Resort pools are for paying resort guests (unless management wishes to open them to outsiders, so you'll need to ask).

Also in OCtober DH and I got "carded" on every visit to SAB and we were thrilled. Saw quite a few turned a way too. Always had chairs available.

crablegs77 said:
We booked the Beach Club Resort last month. Just realized that in order to get into the pool area you have to have a wristband.

We had planned to have our grandmother who lives in Orlando come visit us at the pool several times during our stay.

Do they require your room number along with your room key or just a room key to get into the pool area.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hiya! :welcome:
I believe max occupancy is 5 in a room at the Beach Club so if you're under 5 now it is an option to add your grandmother to the reservation for certain nights. The problem is that they will charge you 25 dollars per night for that. Ouch! But let's say she visits you on two consecutive days you could add her to the reservation for one night (25 dollars) because I believe she would be able to use the pool for both days so that might lessen the blow a bit, if that makes sense.

But before planning any of that I would call the Beach Club directly and ask them and, as a previous poster said, take note of the CM's name and the date. Have a great holiday. I think it's sad that you were subjected to heated, hostile debate after asking a very polite and harmless question. Have fun planning. When are you going? We'll be at the Boardwalk Villas in October. :woohoo:

For the ORIGINAL POSTER and nobody else, because frankly, people are becoming way too emotionally involved over this and I have no interest in arguing this...

Schedule the day to spend with Grandma. Have two plans.

1. Relaxing at Storm Along Bay after receiving permission from Beach Club Management
or
2. Something else if you don't get permission.

If Grandma is permitted entry into the pool, then you will realize that 99.9% of the other SAB users don't read DISBOARDS and won't find it outrageous that your family is spending time together.

If Beach Club management declines your request, enjoy a nice day at Downtown Disney or somewhere else.

Enjoy your vacation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter