Disney Beach Club Wristband Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

crablegs77

Earning My Ears
We booked the Beach Club Resort last month. Just realized that in order to get into the pool area you have to have a wristband.

We had planned to have our grandmother who lives in Orlando come visit us at the pool several times during our stay.

Do they require your room number along with your room key or just a room key to get into the pool area.

Any help would be appreciated.

Whenever we have been to the YC all members of our party were required to show a room key (including the kids, except when they were under 3 ;) ) - noone over asked for a room number.

Cheers

~Luthien

If you don't have the max number of people allowed in the room just add her to the reservation.

crablegs77 said:
We booked the Beach Club Resort last month. Just realized that in order to get into the pool area you have to have a wristband.

We had planned to have our grandmother who lives in Orlando come visit us at the pool several times during our stay.

Do they require your room number along with your room key or just a room key to get into the pool area.

Any help would be appreciated.

Beach Club is the strictest of the resorts though the others are cracking down. That is why I booked there. You must be staying there to use the pool.

If you do add her to your reservation, and you already have two adults, she will make a third adult in the room, and WDW charges extra for that, around $15?

We were checked for IDs and bracelets each day we stayed at BC. We were there in August, it was crowded at the pool all day, every day!

The charge for a deluxe extra person in 25 I believe? Absurd! Will the grandmother be swimming? If not, I think she should be allowed to sit at a table and watch her grandkids swim. What harm would that be?

babby said:
The charge for a deluxe extra person in 25 I believe? Absurd! Will the grandmother be swimming? If not, I think she should be allowed to sit at a table and watch her grandkids swim. What harm would that be?

None! The harm is when everyone wants to bring one Grandma. Next thing ya know, paying guests have NO room swimming or sitting at the deluxe resort they are paying a lot of money for! :rolleyes:

LakeAriel said:
None! The harm is when everyone wants to bring one Grandma. Next thing ya know, paying guests have NO room swimming or sitting at the deluxe resort they are paying a lot of money for! :rolleyes:

I think thats quite a selfish attitude...I don't agree with pool hopping but for gods sake...whats the harm in bringing granny to sit at their table??? :confused3
Anyone who thinks this is wrong is in my opinion being very self centered....so what if you have paid ?? That doesn't mean you have reserved a seat.
Iam paying to stay at the WL...but I wouldn't mind in the slightest if a family there brought in their granny for the afternoon to sit by the pool.
Just because Iam paying to stay the week at WL doesn't mean I own the place.

You know as I read on another thread....I think Walt Disney would be turning in his grave if he saw how selfish...grabbing and ME>>ME >>>ME..some dis goers are. :sad2:
Try spreading the magic...instead of wanting to keep it all for yourself. :wizard:

It would be stooping reallllly low to ban a granny from a pool chair. :badpc:
You are entitled to your opinion though...I just think it is selfish :sad2:

Tinker74 said:
I think thats quite a selfish attitude...I don't agree with pool hopping but for gods sake...whats the harm in bringing granny to sit at their table??? :confused3
Anyone who thinks this is wrong is in my opinion being very self centered....so what if you have paid ?? That doesn't mean you have reserved a seat.
Iam paying to stay at the WL...but I wouldn't mind in the slightest if a family there brought in their granny for the afternoon to sit by the pool.
Just because Iam paying to stay the week at WL doesn't mean I own the place.

You know as I read on another thread....I think Walt Disney would be turning in his grave if he saw how selfish...grabbing and ME>>ME >>>ME..some dis goers are. :sad2:
Try spreading the magic...instead of wanting to keep it all for yourself. :wizard:

It would be stooping reallllly low to ban a granny from a pool chair. :badpc:
You are entitled to your opinion though...I just think it is selfish :sad2:

You know as I read on another thread you are DEAD set AGAINST pool hopping!

Please! Stop the GRANNY thing! I am a Granny too and perfectly self sufficient. No one said she wasn't going swimming. She may be 45 years old!The sign clearly says resort guests only. They can add her to the reservation or meet in the parks to spend the day. If it's off season no one will even care if she's sitting there, though if it's hot you can be damn sure she'll be in the water. I will, though I will be paying! This is a new poster and may be just stirring the pot with the "Granny thing". Keep it all for myself? Only what I pay for. When I stayed in POP I enjoyed their pool. You want to spread the magic? You pay for everyone to go to the BCV, not everyone can afford it. I couldn't for many many years. I was non the less for wear. Have a nice day but please stop advising people to break the rules! :surfweb:
By the way, I do own my timeshare and pay dues annually for it. :rolleyes:

Its not breaking the rules though....Iam quite sure granny will be allowed to join her family.....That is a fact. I have read several trip reports were familires have been joined by freiends or family at resorts...and I have just called the beach club to enquire to this as I wanted to be sure.....I spoke to the duty manager and i was told it would be fine,.

So you see I am not telling people people to break the rules.
How nice for you that you are a fit active granny ...others are not so fortunate...and you know what..I wouyld gladly give up my paid for pool chair at the WL for a granny who was staying offsite but visiting her grankids.
If you wouldn't then fine I think that says a lot about you as a human being.

OH my god..have you actually just said that YOU DO OWN the beach club.... :rotfl2:
Iam aware you have DVC membership...bur please ....come on...what an attitude :lmao:

Tinker74 said:
OH my god..have you actually just said that YOU DO OWN the beach club.... :rotfl2:
Iam aware you have DVC membership...bur please ....come on...what an attitude :lmao:

I repeat, you yourself stated more then once no pool hopping where you are staying! But that's just where YOU are staying! Yes DVC owners own shares in Disney resorts and it took many years to save for it. I think if the Grandmother is truly in Orlando the OP should get an extra room so she can truly relax and enjoy her stay with the Grand kids. If they can't afford a deluxe resort there is nothing wrong with 2 rooms at the Values. I stayed at POP in October and had a wonderful time.

PS NOWHERE on this board did I say I was FIT :teeth:

LakeAriel said:
I repeat, you yourself stated more then once no pool hopping where you are staying! But that's just where YOU are staying! Yes DVC owners own shares in Disney resorts and it took many years to save for it. I think if the Grandmother is truly in Orlando the OP should get an extra room so she can truly relax and enjoy her stay with the Grand kids. If they can't afford a deluxe resort there is nothing wrong with 2 rooms at the Values. I stayed at POP in October and had a wonderful time.

PS NOWHERE on this board did I say I was FIT :teeth:

I think you are getting me mixed up with someone else...???
Iam not strongly against poolhopping...I don't really care either way about it.
I can see why it upsets some people though...it doesn't upset me.
In fact i was in thread pointing out that my friends staying at POR will be spending the afternoon with us at WL pool?? So i don't know who you are thinking of but it isn't me :teeth:

I have more important things to concern me than getting worked up over someone taking the space I have supposedly paid for at the WL.

I've got to call the BC for some info about a future trip myself, and I'll ask if they allow guests of guests at the pool - wonder if I'll get the same answer? You can't depend on any info you get over the phone as 'the' answer at WDW. You can't even get the same answer day to day AT WDW :rolleyes: But it does state at the pool, in writing, on a sign, that the pool is for use of BC/YC/BCV guests only.

LakeAriel said:
Yes I know you have some interesting posts about the dining plan too. That was locked though :rolleyes:

You are correct...I can't help myself..I have to defend those who are getting slammed for this whole child credit thing..It not anyones buisness what other people do with their credits....If you had read more of my posts...you will see..that although iam on the dining plan in August....My 13 yr old will want to eat off the child menu :rolleyes: ...so I will actually lose out money wise...i have no intention of using child credits for an adult mean...but that doesn't mean I will stand by and watch others get slammed and called cheaters when actually they ate doing nothing agaisnt the rules ypu love so much. :love:

Schmeck said:
I've got to call the BC for some info about a future trip myself, and I'll ask if they allow guests of guests at the pool - wonder if I'll get the same answer? You can't depend on any info you get over the phone as 'the' answer at WDW. You can't even get the same answer day to day AT WDW :rolleyes: But it does state at the pool, in writing, on a sign, that the pool is for use of BC/YC/BCV guests only.

Yes..it does seem they can give different answers at times..I thing the best bet is to ask at the front desk on the actual day.....But Iam willing to bet my life they would allow a granny to sit at one of their pool tables with hetr family. :wizard:

On the days grandma needs to see the kids, why not go over to the quiet pool for a few hours?

Not as crowded, rarely check ids, etc.

Just have Grandma be with you when you all check in at the pool gate. They just look for one room key and you say she is with you.

Tinker74 said:
and I have just called the beach club to enquire to this as I wanted to be sure.....I spoke to the duty manager and i was told it would be fine,.So you see I am not telling people people to break the rules.

hmmm, did you really call or perhaps were you misinformed? :scratchin

In the thread about Wishes from the Poly beach I posted that another diser called the Poly and was told the Poly beach was only for use by guests staying at the Poly. Your response was:

Tinker74 said:
I don't care if ONE person on another thread says that they were told alledgedly :smooth: That the poly beach is oput of bounds.
They are either lying....or they were misinformed. :banana:

So you say you called the BC and I don't really care what you were told, you are either lying or misinformed. :banana: The pool at the Beach Club is only for guests registered at the BC, therefore the need for wristbands! And I agree with a previous poster, stop telling people to break the rules. :ssst:

I agree with not wanting people to "pool hop" I pay allot of money to stay at the Yacht club and would be very upset if I wanted to have a chair or table but they were all filled up because people think it is ok to just let friends or family come to the pool with them. BUT if you ask the hotel itself if it is ok and they say yes then you can do it. Doesnt mean I like that its ok but if they say its ok then I guess its ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter