Disney After Hours

Pre-covid, After Hours had a lower attendance than moonlight magic (at least from my memory of it vs the June MM at HS this year). One time when we went to an After Hours at HS RnR and ToT went down so there wasn't much to do (this was pre-Star Wars and before MMRNR). Slinky was 30-45. The times we went when RnR and ToT were running Slinky was about 20 minutes.
This is the times I am thinking. With Moonlight Magic, it is a free event so they may give out more tickets than this event which is paid.

I am trying to figure out my April park reservations and how they could be impacted by special events. Right now, this is what we know:

Extended Hours for Deluxe, Fall 2022
Epcot Monday
MK Wednesday
HS Thursday

MNSSHP and MVMCP, Fall 2022
MK any day except Wednesday and Saturday
After Hours Party, Winter 2023
MK Monday & Thursday
HS Wednesday

So if I want to watch fireworks at MK in April, Saturday is the only safe bet at this point? I was hoping Thursday because it fits better in our schedule but would hate to be kicked out when paying full price for the day.

So if I want to watch fireworks at MK in April, Saturday is the only safe bet at this point? I was hoping Thursday because it fits better in our schedule but would hate to be kicked out when paying full price for the day.
After Hours should not affect fireworks as they are truly after the park closes events. The one at MK doesn’t start until 10:00. They’ll still run the fireworks show for regular guests prior to the after hours event.

What time of day can you first purchase After Hour tickets on October 4th? 5:45 a.m. EST? midnight? Thanks in advance for sharing any wisdom.

What time of day can you first purchase After Hour tickets on October 4th? 5:45 a.m. EST? midnight? Thanks in advance for sharing any wisdom.
For the parties it was midnight I believe, but you don’t need to worry about After Hours selling out right away.

I know I read that it started as early as 7:00 some nights. That would be cutting into the regular park hours for day guest wouldn't it?
The event won't start until later, but can enter at 7pm.

I'm renting some points for a friend in January and she would like to do the after Hours. Do I need to buy the tickets for her, and can I get the discounted price as well? Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm renting some points for a friend in January and she would like to do the after Hours. Do I need to buy the tickets for her, and can I get the discounted price as well? Thanks in advance for any help.
If the reservation is linked to the MDE then they should be able to purchase when the early purchasing period for resort guests begins. I could be wrong but I'm 99% sure when you are purchasing tickets with a discount then 1 ticket has to be applied to you when you are purchasing. So, say you are purchasing 1 ticket it has to be applied to you. If you are purchasing 3 tickets, 2 have to be applied to your guests and 1 have to be applied to you. Beyond that I'm guessing it would be against the terms of our blue card / direct benefits to purchase discounted tickets for people attending events w/o you.

Am I able to buy After hours tickets at the DVC or AP discounted price for non-DVC and AP members? They are linked in MDE and part of my party.

Am I able to buy After hours tickets at the DVC or AP discounted price for non-DVC and AP members? They are linked in MDE and part of my party.
You have been able to in the past, so I would assume you will be able to. But, one of the tickets must be assigned to yourself.

Bought After Hours tickets this morning. I logged into MDE with my DVC linked to it for the first time. I was able to purchase them with the DVC discount, I got a confirmation and the tickets are showing under the "My Tickets and Passes" page. Is there anything else I need to do to verify DVC membership before that night? Can I just scan in with a MagicBand or do I need to do anything with Guest Services? I want to be prepared and not lose event time.

Bought After Hours tickets this morning. I logged into MDE with my DVC linked to it for the first time. I was able to purchase them with the DVC discount, I got a confirmation and the tickets are showing under the "My Tickets and Passes" page. Is there anything else I need to do to verify DVC membership before that night? Can I just scan in with a MagicBand or do I need to do anything with Guest Services? I want to be prepared and not lose event time.
If they tickets are showing up in your MDE then you should be fine to just attend the party -- no stop at Guest Services necessary.

Never been to an after hours. Is it more or less crowded than moonlight magic?
Answered previously in this thread:

Pre-covid, After Hours had a lower attendance than moonlight magic (at least from my memory of it vs the June MM at HS this year). One time when we went to an After Hours at HS RnR and ToT went down so there wasn't much to do (this was pre-Star Wars and before MMRNR). Slinky was 30-45. The times we went when RnR and ToT were running Slinky was about 20 minutes.

Does anyone have insight on what this does to normal day crowds? Just found out we'll be attending the park during the day on one of these events and want to be prepared either way.

Does anyone have insight on what this does to normal day crowds? Just found out we'll be attending the park during the day on one of these events and want to be prepared either way.
It should not affect crowds before 7:00[ (as that is when people w/After Hours tickets can get in). After 7 it will likely feel more crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter