**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Any predictions as to what day of the week we may see AHs during the August Halloween party season? Having the hardest time trying to plan my dining for this Friday.

Any predictions as to what day of the week we may see AHs during the August Halloween party season? Having the hardest time trying to plan my dining for this Friday.

Always hard to predict, but going by past years trends: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...m-faq-discussion-thread.3713652/post-59898158

Seems like Thursdays are a reasonable guess for any DAH during the August and September party seasons.

Of course, past performance doesn't always indicate future results. :-)

Always hard to predict, but going by past years trends: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...m-faq-discussion-thread.3713652/post-59898158

Seems like Thursdays are a reasonable guess for any DAH during the August and September party seasons.

Of course, past performance doesn't always indicate future results. :-)
The week I'm there, MK has a 6 close on a Thursday 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️ it's the first 6 close of the month. Tuesday is my adr date and I have no clue lol. I want an AH or a party. I'm not picky lol.

Looking back historically, the week before Thanksgiving could have AH and MVMCP?

If so how do the wait times compare? I had an amazing time at AH a few weeks ago, rode 21 rides total including Mine Train 5x.

Can I get anywhere near that at a Christmas Party???
DAH is about rides, MVMCP is about the holiday experience. If you really just want rides do AH. If you love Christmas but also want a few rides with shorter lines do the party. The party will have some rides with overlays, but those rides will also have longer lines than they would have without overlays. MVMCP will have short lines for many things, but not as short as DAH (and not nearly as short in some ride cases). It’s a trade off, just depends on what you are looking for.

Looking back historically, the week before Thanksgiving could have AH and MVMCP?

If so how do the wait times compare? I had an amazing time at AH a few weeks ago, rode 21 rides total including Mine Train 5x.

Can I get anywhere near that at a Christmas Party???

The Christmas Parties are wall to wall people. We quit doing both it and MNSSHP because we found them to be so crowded it was just miserable. I'll do AH's any time they're on the schedule though.

We will be there 4/5 too! It's the first time for us doing any special ticket events. This is a short trip, and we are only doing the AH at MK on 4/5 and AK on 4/7 because we didn't want to deal with the spring break crowds during the day.
We will be there then, too for VAH! Can’t wait! We already have our costumes! My 14 year old won’t put his on until the event starts, so I guess we will have to use a locker rental until 10!

So looking at months historically---it looks like end of July won't have access to AH only the VAH? We'd only be booking to take advantage of the short lines for rides, is the VAH still a good option?

Going to AH next Monday - thanks everyone for all the great info. I'm so excited. Going with just DH, first trip without kids!
Same here, but we're going the week after (2/24). Trip is for DH's birthday and the AH party is a surprise for him!

We'll be there 2/17 as well! It was supposed to be a relaxing, non-park trip, but I saw these tickets and couldn't pass them up. Our son doesn't know yet, so I'm super excited to surprise him. I hope we can stay up for the whole thing (we're not late night people as we get up early).

Going to AH next Monday - thanks everyone for all the great info. I'm so excited. Going with just DH, first trip without kids!

We’re in Orlando next week and have the option of AH on Monday (02/17) or Villains on Friday (02/21). Our aim is to ride as much as possible, we’re not really interested in shows or parades and the marginal extra cost is fine.

The fact it’s Presidents Day on Monday is making me think it could be very busy for the first hour of AH and that Villains may be a better option as we’d stand more chance of getting stuff done between 7-9.

Does anyone have an opinion on the best night to go?

Thanks

We’re in Orlando next week and have the option of AH on Monday (02/17) or Villains on Friday (02/21). Our aim is to ride as much as possible, we’re not really interested in shows or parades and the marginal extra cost is fine.

The fact it’s Presidents Day on Monday is making me think it could be very busy for the first hour of AH and that Villains may be a better option as we’d stand more chance of getting stuff done between 7-9.

Does anyone have an opinion on the best night to go?

Thanks
I’m not sure what to make of the fact that AH is on a holiday, but I’ve never heard of a busy AH and in general based on last year VAH will have more people (or at least feel like it) and have shortish lines instead of no lines- at least for the big rides or slow loading rides). I’m thinking regular after hours would be your best bet for riding as much as possible with no lines, despite the holiday. I’ll be interested to see if others agree or disagree with me!

It's my understanding that there is no need for a regular park ticket. You can get FP for the time you can enter (7p) to the regular closing time (9p). You cannot book FP for the actual AH event (10p-1a).

Yes, this is correct. You can book FPs for only the regular park hours.

We will be there 4/5 too! It's the first time for us doing any special ticket events. This is a short trip, and we are only doing the AH at MK on 4/5 and AK on 4/7 because we didn't want to deal with the spring break crowds during the day.
We're doing the same two AH events as you! First time doing AH events. We are going to do HS and EP with regular passes, but figured this would help us deal with the crazy Spring Break crowds for the week. Still hoping to have a mostly walk-ons type of experience. Here's to all of us getting that extra magic that week! 🤞

I just read the first post because I was curious about a couple of things, and it jogged my memory of things to add from Monday Feb 3. The tangled photo op was available and there were probably only 3-4 groups in line when I saw at at maybe 11:00-ish. They also did do the kiss goodnight, and it was not long after MN when they did it. Maybe 12:10-12:15 am, I don’t think it could have been later than 12:20 because we rode BTMRR right at mn and walked straight out afterwards, and we heard it while walking down main st.

I'm wanting to do some type of matching shirts for our AH visits at MK and AK. Has anyone done any that they would like to share pictures of??

We have decided we are adding DAH to our upcoming trip! We already had VAH booked, and after seeing the tweaks to the schedule for that event that launched Friday we realized we will be spending a lot of that event focused on villains entertainment. We have decided to add the March 30th DAH to focus on rides.

Recap of our experience last night Feb 10th.
We have attended this event 4 years in a row and always in February, it's always been a Thursday from 8-11pm for us with the exception of this year being a Monday from 9-12am. I don't know what time they started letting people in as we are AP holders and arrived later than most.
Entered the park at 7:30pm and we rode:
Space Mountain
Tomorrowland Speedway
Peoplemover
Buzz Lightyear
Dumbo
Barnstormer
7DMN (x2)
Journey of the Little Mermaid
Haunted Mansion (x2)
Pirates of the Caribbean
Magic Carpets of Aladdin
BTMR (x2)
We ate more popcorn and ice cream than any 2 adults should ever eat along the way.
IMO, last night was by far the best night we've ever had during DAH. Although we always have a great time, last night was amazing. The weather was perfect, the CMs were great and the other guests all seem to be there to have a good time and were kind, respectful and happy.
Crowds were non existent (probably the lowest we've seen since the 2017 event), you could happily stroll around, dance around or run around if you wished. We chose to casually stroll eating our treats and not rush from attraction to attraction (we easily could have fit in more rides if we wanted to). It truly was a magical night. We slowly made our way down Main street stopping for a couple of photos along the way and watched the Kiss Goodnight before exiting.
Oh! I have one teeny tiny complaint, for the first time in 8 Disney trips, I got a blister on my toe...Ouch.

Last edited:
That’s interesting as we went last night and waited wayyyy to long for 7DMT. The kids were beyond disappointed that thunder mountain was down and I think that caused a longer line at 7DMT. Kids and adults couldn’t understand why we could not use the fast pass lanes at space Mountain vs walking the entire entrance. That’s seemed like something easy to fix! By 11pm the less walking thr better!

That’s interesting as we went last night and waited wayyyy to long for 7DMT. The kids were beyond disappointed that thunder mountain was down and I think that caused a longer line at 7DMT. Kids and adults couldn’t understand why we could not use the fast pass lanes at space Mountain vs walking the entire entrance. That’s seemed like something easy to fix! By 11pm the less walking thr better!
I agree about FP lines- I cannot figure out why they don’t use them and why they don’t consistently open the cutoffs so you can reride without walking the entire exit and entrance lines during events like these! Some fp lines are used, it seems random to me and can sometimes change during the same event!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter