**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I really hope there is one for our trip in September. Would be nice to know before our ADR date in March but guess that is unlikely.

Well, I had been waffling about it, but finally decided to go for it for President's Day. All the positive reviews here tipped the scales for me, so thank you to everyone who's posted a review- I promise to post a review after we get back.

Do you think the Presidents Day crowds will affect the After Hours event? I'm also looking at that day, but wary of the day crowds impacting.

We have MKAH tickets for 1/31. I’ve noticed that most nights for MKAH have an hour buffer between park close and AH event beginning but that night park closes at 8pm and AH begins at 8pm and ends at 11pm. What are the odds that this changes between now and then?

Is 7pm the earliest that they will allow After Hour guests?
I’m really looking forward to it but now slightly concerned that we won’t really get the full impact of the experience as it will only be 4 hours, 3 after hours but I have to imagine the time between 8-9 will still be very busy.

Thoughts on if we should cancel?I purchased through undercover tourist so I would lose a small amount. It is a lot of money for 4 hours in the park and I see so many where people are getting 6 hours for the same price. Afraid I made a mistake on this one.

We have MKAH tickets for 1/31. I’ve noticed that most nights for MKAH have an hour buffer between park close and AH event beginning but that night park closes at 8pm and AH begins at 8pm and ends at 11pm. What are the odds that this changes between now and then?

Is 7pm the earliest that they will allow After Hour guests?
I’m really looking forward to it but now slightly concerned that we won’t really get the full impact of the experience as it will only be 4 hours, 3 after hours but I have to imagine the time between 8-9 will still be very busy.

Thoughts on if we should cancel?I purchased through undercover tourist so I would lose a small amount. It is a lot of money for 4 hours in the park and I see so many where people are getting 6 hours for the same price. Afraid I made a mistake on this one.
Totally worth it. Last year we had your exact schedule. We got in at 730. I would pay it over again every time

Do you think the Presidents Day crowds will affect the After Hours event? I'm also looking at that day, but wary of the day crowds impacting.
Since reports of even the sold-out After Hours events seem to indicate that they're significantly less crowded than the park on the regular day, I'm hoping that the AH event will allow us to avoid standing in line all afternoon since I'm guessing MK will be crowded on President's Day.

I attended tonight’s After Hours. This was the 4th AH I have attended and I’d say this was the busiest - the previous ones were in February 2018, early December 2018 and February 2019.

Whilst it was noticeably more crowded everything I rode apart from Peter Pan and SDMT were walk on. As it was the last night of my trip I opted to watch HEA before starting on the the rides. After HEA I managed to ride Jungle Cruise, Pirates, BTM x 3, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan with a 15 minute wait, Space Mountain x 3 and SDMT as the last ride of the night with just under a 20 minute wait. I missed out on a final ride on SDMT by 5 seconds as they closed the line just as I got to the end of the exit. I also stopped for a Mickey Sandwich and popcorn in between rides.

After all the long lines I witnessed in the parks during the last 10 days, getting so much done in one evening was a great way to end my trip!

I attended tonight’s After Hours. This was the 4th AH I have attended and I’d say this was the busiest - the previous ones were in February 2018, early December 2018 and February 2019.

Whilst it was noticeably more crowded everything I rode apart from Peter Pan and SDMT were walk on. As it was the last night of my trip I opted to watch HEA before starting on the the rides. After HEA I managed to ride Jungle Cruise, Pirates, BTM x 3, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan with a 15 minute wait, Space Mountain x 3 and SDMT as the last ride of the night with just under a 20 minute wait. I missed out on a final ride on SDMT by 5 seconds as they closed the line just as I got to the end of the exit. I also stopped for a Mickey Sandwich and popcorn in between rides.

After all the long lines I witnessed in the parks during the last 10 days, getting so much done in one evening was a great way to end my trip!

That's great to hear! I love MKAH, but our March trip only had VAH scheduled. Hoping it's manageable and not too crowded so we can have an awesome night like you!

Does anyone know if they have any allergy (specifically dairy) friendly treats? Obviously popcorn and Mickey bars are a no-go.

Does anyone know if they have any allergy (specifically dairy) friendly treats? Obviously popcorn and Mickey bars are a no-go.

Obviously would double check this, but I believe they use an artificial dairy free butter flavouring on the popcorn making it vegan
(and dairy free) I read this on the Vegan Disneyworld website and was suprised by it. But again, would double check that is still the case. And I know from a few reviews of the even they seem to have Frozen Strawberry Bars (sugar free) which I would presume are dairy free?

I have a dairy-allergic dd :) The popcorn is dairy free (and gluten free, too)popcorn:: At our last After Hours, there was an option for a fruit-based bar.

A great resource for anyone needing special diet information is Gluten Free Dairy Free WDW

https://www.glutenfreedairyfreewdw.com
You can find up-do-date allergy friendly menu listings and an annual free guide to eating at WDW (PDF).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter