**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

@Kricketnp only you can decide. If had our whole family and it was a non-park day I'd say yes for sure. Since the past couple trips have been my wife and I, it's easier to absorb the extra cost. In 2018 we had 4 days and we ended the last night at a DAH event, it was amazing. It was the perfect way to end our trip, were able to do all the rides we wanted (some a couple times) and the quietness of the park really made it wonderful. We've already got our tickets for the DAH in February, wont' be our last night but that's a good thing too.

@Kricketnp only you can decide. If had our whole family and it was a non-park day I'd say yes for sure. Since the past couple trips have been my wife and I, it's easier to absorb the extra cost. In 2018 we had 4 days and we ended the last night at a DAH event, it was amazing. It was the perfect way to end our trip, were able to do all the rides we wanted (some a couple times) and the quietness of the park really made it wonderful. We've already got our tickets for the DAH in February, wont' be our last night but that's a good thing too.

Thanks for the input. That makes a lot of sense. I guess I've done a bunch of "ticketed" events at MK so I'm just not sure if it's worth the extra expense. If it was available at one of the other parks during my trip, it would be a no-brainer. Just undecided about MK.

Thanks for the input. That makes a lot of sense. I guess I've done a bunch of "ticketed" events at MK so I'm just not sure if it's worth the extra expense. If it was available at one of the other parks during my trip, it would be a no-brainer. Just undecided about MK.

I completely agree with that and thought the same but for me I choose to do both the AH and Christmas Party at MK to avoid going to MK during regular hours. I figure that MK will be packed the week I am there because there is only a couple days that MK is open late for non-party and non-resort folks.

Good point, for me the ones they've had at AK or DHS are to much money for the number of rides they offer. With Star Wars open that might be different now, but on our last trip it didn't make sense for us at least. Good luck deciding.

Hi! Looking into going to my first DAH event on March 2nd. How often do these events sell out? If they do sell out, how busy/crazy are they?

GaDisneyDad14 has sell out info for past parties on the first page, post #11 I think. He also has links to people’s party reviews. You can look for reviews from sold out parties to see what other Dissers thought.

When they announced Villains after Hours dates and skipped over the last week in January, I thought we were just out of luck and stopped checking this thread. Somehow, I totally missed that they announced dates for our week earlier this month. There's not 2 dates in our week. YES! I will buy tickets for Monday 1/27, and if it's super-awesome, we'll do Friday 1/31 also. Yay!

Nov 18 Review:

We got there just after 7 and did a few rides that were shorter waits or that we got FPs for (barnstormer, dumbo, buzz, astro orbiter). It was VERY busy but started to clear out right after the fireworks, when we did more buzz and philharmagic.

Around 9:30 I went to the 7dmt entrance and asked the CM if we could use the FP line starting at 10. She said no, we would have to wait at the back of the stand by line.

From 10-11
-pirates x1
-btmr x 3 (had to walk the entire queue, it felt SO long. They switched from loading both sides to only loading one and there was a short wait instead of being a walk on).
From 11-1
-HM
-looked at PP and it had a long line. I wonder if it was down for a bit?
-checked out mine train, this was around 11:15. Posting a 15 min wait. We had to walk through the entire queue but only the final room was full and the line moved quickly
-after the first time, they started letting us use the FP line. Waits ranged from a few minutes (the final room was full) to basically nothing near the end- we'd walk right on the last few times
-7dmt x 7 total
-we also did PP, Pooh, Carousel, met Mickey and had a snack break in between mine train rides
-left a bit before 1, got onto a bus just for CS and it left shortly after we boarded

We had a great time and DS7 lasted the whole night! Would definitely recommend to others. I think this night had fairly low attendance given our mine train success!

We're thinking of going on 3rd Feb and will already have park tickets. Trying to maximise FPs for the day - If we buy AH hard tickets from one of the 3rd party sites, would we effectively be able to get 3 FPs during the day with the park tickets and 3 more using the AH tickets?

We're thinking of going on 3rd Feb and will already have park tickets. Trying to maximise FPs for the day - If we buy AH hard tickets from one of the 3rd party sites, would we effectively be able to get 3 FPs during the day with the park tickets and 3 more using the AH tickets?

I don’t think so. I linked mine to MDE, but I can only make 3 FP+ for that day (planning a park day also).

Not sure what Hiro is saying lol! If we check in to the AH with physical tickets that aren't linked to our mde account, will 3 additional FPs be available?

Not sure what Hiro is saying lol! If we check in to the AH with physical tickets that aren't linked to our mde account, will 3 additional FPs be available?
You need to create a duplicate profile for your after hours tickets. Then use the hard ticket in the park. It won’t be attached to your hotel reservation, so you can book those FP 30 days out.

Thanks! Sorry to be a pain but where would I create a duplicate profile, on MDE somewhere? Any idea how to do so?

Thanks! Sorry to be a pain but where would I create a duplicate profile, on MDE somewhere? Any idea how to do so?
you need to create a separate profile in MDE for each person using a DAH ticket. Then assign the tickets to that profile, so they are not linked to your magic bands. Then at 30 days reserve the FP and use the hard ticket, not your magic band on event night.

I have been to after hours event and really enjoyed it. I'm debating about it on my next trip though. The park closes at 8, and the party starts at 8. So 8-11. I wouldn't even question it if it was 9-12 if the park closed at 8. I feel like I'm losing an hour?

I have been to after hours event and really enjoyed it. I'm debating about it on my next trip though. The park closes at 8, and the party starts at 8. So 8-11. I wouldn't even question it if it was 9-12 if the park closed at 8. I feel like I'm losing an hour?
I’m debating purchasing tickets for a DAH where the park closes at 8 and the DAH event is from 9-12. My question is, what happens between 8 and 9 if you’re in the park? We plan on getting there earlier on our regular day ticket. Can we still go on rides between 8 and 9? I’m assuming no fastpasses are available?

I’m debating purchasing tickets for a DAH where the park closes at 8 and the DAH event is from 9-12. My question is, what happens between 8 and 9 if you’re in the park? We plan on getting there earlier on our regular day ticket. Can we still go on rides between 8 and 9? I’m assuming no fastpasses are available?

MK DAH has, to date, not operated with a “gap” in time between park closing and the event start time (unlike DAK DAH where it is more common). I highly suspect MK hours will eventually be extended on your date to a 9pm closing, in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter