**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

So arriving into orlando airport this monday at 8pm. Do you think it would be worth it to get the magic kingdom after hours? I'm guessing by the time we get out of the airport and to the hotel, probaly be around 9pm, then a 10 min uber ride to magic kingdom? The event is from 10pm-1am.
No way you will make it to the resort by 9pm It takes 25-30 just to get off the plane and to either baggage or transport. And it's a 30 minute minimum drive from the airport to WDW. At the very best you'd make it to the resort by 9:30.
Where are you staying? Some of those resorts are quite a drive.
If you are staying at a MK resort and you don't have to pick up baggage, and you take Uber from the airport.... you might make it to MK by 10pm.
Otherwise.... If you are ok with paying those prices for 2 1/2 hours in MK.... then go for it.

So arriving into orlando airport this monday at 8pm. Do you think it would be worth it to get the magic kingdom after hours? I'm guessing by the time we get out of the airport and to the hotel, probaly be around 9pm, then a 10 min uber ride to magic kingdom? The event is from 10pm-1am.

Part of the AH ticket is the 7pm entrance so you wouldn’t be getting full value plus you risk wasting your money if your flight gets delayed. I wouldn’t do it.

Part of the AH ticket is the 7pm entrance so you wouldn’t be getting full value plus you risk wasting your money if your flight gets delayed. I wouldn’t do it.
Yeah I figured wouldn’t make it early enough to make the price worthwhile. Side note, planning to do Epcot the following day and leaving around 6pm for animal kingdoms extra hours, have those been good?

The consensus opinion is going to say that’s too tight / don’t do it, but I’ve done similar timing. Sometimes our travel schedules are tight and we do what we gotta do. We’re APs so the 7pm / pre event time is not particularly important - the real focus for us is the After Hours time itself.

Yes, huge risks are involved with travel delays and such, no real getting around that.

We usually take other means of transportation than DME, so that cuts down on airport to WDW time quite a bit.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

We are doing the AK after hours on our arrival day but we are getting in around 4 so we have a little bit of a cushion. Honestly if it was that late I probably wouldn't do it because I would stress myself out too much. It might be worth the little extra money to just decide when you arrive if everything seems like it will work out. I know I would rather pay more than loss out completely.

I wish APs could still get discount day of. I don’t know if I will be up for it until tonight. Stinks. Especially when I will be there for HEA dessert party.
Ah well to bed earlier I suppose. 😁

Does anyone know if the resort boats are running at the end of DAH? I’m going tonight and staying at WL. I know the first post says no, but I was wondering if maybe that had changed.

They have a small queue at gate for after hours... said they’re not handing out bands and opening that entrance until 7. Went in normal entrance with our other tickets and heading to dinner now.

Does anyone know if the resort boats are running at the end of DAH? I’m going tonight and staying at WL. I know the first post says no, but I was wondering if maybe that had changed.

AFAIK it’s still accurate for regular Disney After Hours. If you experience anything different on the ground tonight, would love to hear about it.

Enjoy your evening!

They have a small queue at gate for after hours... said they’re not handing out bands and opening that entrance until 7. Went in normal entrance with our other tickets and heading to dinner now.

I missed it earlier, I think- what were MKs hours today?

The app says MK open 9-10 today :) DAH starts at 10.

Good deal getting in at 7 PM, then! So it’s 7 PM- 1 AM effectively for park time.

Not bad for a DAH ticket, because I am thinking of heading over on December 3 and just checked the hours. With EMM at 7:45-9, and MVVMCP in the evening, a regular park ticket will give you 9-6 and crowds in the AM and party guests arriving at 4 PM. A very short day for a full price ticket, so I’ll be skipping that (even through I have an AP I think it would be a crowded and short day).

I just bought tickets for an After Hours Magic Kingdom. Should these tickets show up on My Disney Experience? If so, how do I get them there? Is there a way I can add them, or do I need to call Disney?

Thanks!

I just bought tickets for an After Hours Magic Kingdom. Should these tickets show up on My Disney Experience? If so, how do I get them there? Is there a way I can add them, or do I need to call Disney?

Thanks!

Did you buy them online? They should show up under tickets in MDE. I have read sometimes of a bit of a lag, if they aren’t showing up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter