**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I just bought tickets for an After Hours Magic Kingdom. Should these tickets show up on My Disney Experience? If so, how do I get them there? Is there a way I can add them, or do I need to call Disney?

Thanks!
They won’t show up on the Daily Itinerary tab, but should appear on the Tickets & Memory Maker tab

Already sending off trains with only 3 full rows on BTMR but queues 20 people deep for snacks!
Having just seen the other snack carts with no queue we picked a bad one to wait in!

Last edited:
Already sending off trains with only 3 full rows on BTMR but queues 20 people deep for snacks!
Having just seen the other snack carts with no queue we picked a bad one to wait in!
There always seems to post about how long lines are for snacks. You would think because no one has to pay for them it would be quick with staff just handing them over. Are the deliberately slow so people get less?.
Are there any known quiet snack places that never have lines?

Back at the resort for the night... we ended up leaving early (jet lag still) but had a great night! We only saw one or two snack stands in the end with significant lines, a lot were walk up. We rode SDMT with a posted 20 min wait but after walking through the queue we only waited 5 mins. It looked as though all rides were pretty much walk on while we were there! We probably waited the longest for Speedway at about 8 minutes. They were checking for bands at every ride.

Loved the event and would 100% do again.

There always seems to post about how long lines are for snacks. You would think because no one has to pay for them it would be quick with staff just handing them over. Are the deliberately slow so people get less?.
I can tell you what happens... from experience...... people wait in line on their phones of just talking about nothing.... then they get up to the cart and say "umm, what do you want? Hey, guys (yelling to the kids standing farther away), WHAT DO YOU WANT?" Then they ever-so-SLOWING tell the CM "ummmm, give me one popcorn, one sandwich and..... ummm, HEY GUYS..... WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DRINK? (as they scream over to the kids again!)"
I was so frustrated dealing with so many people like this on our DAH event in Sept!
Seriously people.... you need to decide while you are waiting in line and then just let the CM know without wasting everyone else's night!

It has nothing to do with the CMs taking it slow! The CMs were great when we were there. It's the inconsiderate guest that takes too long.

Last night the carts had popcorn and drinks already out and ready to grab, so there’s really no reason why lines would be long unless you were extremely indecisive about ice cream.

Not sure about which are quiet but some are just always busier. I always see a long line at the stand by BTMR and another at the one near Liberty Square.
They do have the stuff out so it should move very fast.

I’ve only been to two DAHs and one VAH, but in my experience the lines did go fairly fast, even when long. I think that even though people don’t have to pay they do ask for multiple items, so that takes a bit more time. For example, a dad will get ice cream and drinks for the entire family, so even though he doesn’t have to pay he has to ask for and them the CM is to get each item. Lots of times the popcorn and drinks were out to just grab, and later in the night the lines were much shorter and sometimes none existent. I did see them run out of popcorn before the event ended at a stand, and I’ve read about them running out of other items as well but didn’t experience that. I will say the Diet Coke was never as cold as I would have liked it to be, but it was “free” so I took it anyway.

Hi! Looking into going to my first DAH event on March 2nd. How often do these events sell out? If they do sell out, how busy/crazy are they?

I'd stopped checking this thread because I assumed they weren't going to add any more dates in January and that I was out of luck--and lo and behold when I was checking the park calendar to find out whether any hours had been extended, I found out they've added?? An MK AH?? During my trip????

:eek:

Problem is, if I book it I have to rewrite half my schedule, right when I was feeling like it was finalized (and I'll have to move at least one ADR, but I think it'll be an easy one to move). The AH is on the day when I was planning to do UO, and I don't want to cut my UO time short to rush back for it (plus I'll have rope dropped that morning, so I'll probably end up tired and cranky if I stay out too late). The good news is I haven't booked FP+ yet (that's next week!), so a last minute rewrite is possible. It's not in the budget at this point because I wasn't expecting the opportunity, but I think I can figure it out.

Edit: Pulled the trigger!

Last edited:
We may have an extra ticket to MK ah because my SIL May have to go home early for work. Can a friend who lives in the area use her ticket?

We may have an extra ticket to MK ah because my SIL May have to go home early for work. Can a friend who lives in the area use her ticket?

You can transfer an unused ticket to someone else. How does SIL’s ticket exist, a hard ticket or in their MDE account?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter