**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Well, the last DAH until November is tonight.

Several of the MNSSHPs this week have sold out so I've been keeping my eye on DAH, but so far it appears no sell out.

I know a few big school systems around here are out this week and things seem to be picking up around WDW.

Hope everyone has fun tonight!

What are the wait times for FoP during DAH @ AK? TIA!
FOP 5 minutes then walk on. You don’t have to worry about day guests at all if you start with Dino, work your way around park counter clockwise, and then do FOP. Takes about 20 minutes or so even with zero wait to walk the long queue, pre-show, ride, and exit.

I know there is no way to know for sure, but planning on a mid May 2020 trip. Any idea when dates for AH for MK and AK will be announced? Any rumors of other parks doing AH events in May?

I know there is no way to know for sure, but planning on a mid May 2020 trip. Any idea when dates for AH for MK and AK will be announced? Any rumors of other parks doing AH events in May?
@GADisneyDad14 keeps the historical releases in a post on the first page: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...m-faq-discussion-thread.3713652/post-59898156

Looks like May 2019 dates were released in late March 2019. Things have been a little different this time around. The August release did not go through March like September did last time. I am eagerly awaiting March/April myself. Maybe March/April/May will come in a batch together!?!

Looks like May 2019 dates were released in late March 2019. Things have been a little different this time around. The August release did not go through March like September did last time. I am eagerly awaiting March/April myself. Maybe March/April/May will come in a batch together!?!

Don't skip February :-)! I have gone to MK DAH the last 2 Febs and plan to this year also!

FOP 5 minutes then walk on. You don’t have to worry about day guests at all if you start with Dino, work your way around park counter clockwise, and then do FOP. Takes about 20 minutes or so even with zero wait to walk the long queue, pre-show, ride, and exit.

Thanks for the info! Good to know. I'll be there with youth group, 1/16, and we plan to maximize this time since we do not have a full day at AK.

We were already in the park today for a couple of hours before AH, so no update on time they let in today. But AH tonight was far less crowded than last Thursday. (They also let us in at 630 last week; maybe they decide entry time by number of tickets sold?)

Last night was AMAZING! My younger DS and I did MK DAH in February - while the waits were short then, there were waits nonetheless (10-15 for Thunder and Space, 20-25 for 7DMT). Last night, EVERYTHING was a walk-on. I’m planning to email Disney to let them know the attendance last night was PERFECT and to beg them not to ruin this event by overselling it. Maybe it was my imagination, but I also felt like there were more snack and drink carts open last night then in February.

For those who enjoy ride counts (and this is starting around 9:20, after the HEA dessert party)-

Astro Orbiter
Space x2 (I asked nicely when I got off, and they let me take the back way back up to the loading area for ride #2)
Little Mermaid
Winnie the Pooh
7DMT x3 (they let us go through the FP line, and for re-rides let us cut back into the line where you enter the cave)
Haunted Mansion
Thunder x2 (let me stay on because no one was waiting for my row)
Jungle Cruise (there were 3 of us on the boat, and our Skipper was fantastic!)
Thunder
7DMT
People Mover

I would gladly pay for that event every night of every trip if it were like it was last night!

Oh my gosh guys! We did this last night and it was worth every penny!
They let us in at 6:45 or 6:50. We had a fast pass for Big Thunder that ended at 7:15 and made it there with plenty of time.
Then we had a FP for Buzz.
Next we did the Dessert party which was a one and done for us.
After that there was no wait for anything the rest of the night. It was so much fun.
My DS12 turned to me at one point and thanked me for buying the tickets. My husband couldn't believe how few people were in the park and even said it was worth all my "excessive planning"
The boys ate their weight in popcorn and the bottled water and sodas were a joy after paying for them all day.
We will definitely be doing AH on all of our trips.
Side note- At about 9:30 or so, while the boys went to ride SM DH and I went to get on People Mover. There was a woman with her family wanting to get on but they didn't have the AH bands. She was being just horrible to the poor cast member and made him call his supervisor. I just felt so bad for him.
2nd side note- Splash broke down while our boys were on it. It took about 20-25 minutes for them to get walked off. I was disappointed to hear the walk off was a "boring hallway" lol.

Echoing the posts about last night. Everything was a walk-on! I’ve done two other AH and always had a little wait for 7DMT, Peter Pan and Space. There was no waiting at all for these! I wish we could have stayed until 12 but we had gotten there at 6:30 and done a bunch of rides with FP and standby already so my son was ready to leave by 10:45. 🙄

I also agree with the number of food stands! They seemed to be everywhere and there were no lines there either! But no chocolate bananas this time either. Boo. 😒

We will definitely be doing AH on all of our trips.
2nd side note- Splash broke down while our boys were on it. It took about 20-25 minutes for them to get walked off. I was disappointed to hear the walk off was a "boring hallway" lol.

Same. We tried AH for the first time (MK & AK) last trip and now DH schedules trips around AH events (we did 3 AH this trip plus MNSSHP).

Lol... we were soooo close to being stuck on Splash as well!! We'd left our 3rd ride on BTMRR and paused to decide about getting on Splash. 5 minutes later it was down; we would've just gotten on it!

Like everyone else, we had a great time last night; way better than the After Hours event we attended in March. One thing I noticed is that wait times dropped around 8 pm; we were able to walk on to BTMRR and Pirates around that time. So I think that overall park attendance was lower also.

Like everyone else, we had a great time last night; way better than the After Hours event we attended in March. One thing I noticed is that wait times dropped around 8 pm; we were able to walk on to BTMRR and Pirates around that time. So I think that overall park attendance was lower also.
I am awaiting the March 2020 dates. What was not good about y'all's After Hours last March?

I am awaiting the March 2020 dates. What was not good about y'all's After Hours last March?

We went the first week of March on a sold out night (became aware while there that La schools were on spring break that week). There were 25+ minute waits for many of the headliners (i.e. SDMT, BTMRR). We rode everything we wanted but didn't have time to re-ride anything. Also, it was a little too chilly for my blood so we didn't really enjoy the ice cream snacks as much. I did write to Disney about being disappointed about the wait times; according to the boards many others did also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter