• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

My daughter and I are thinking about going to the DAH on 2/7 and using our AP discounts. I was reading that you cannot get AP discounts the day of. Does anyone have any experience with this? We were wondering if we could go to MK around 2 pm that day and then decide if we want to buy DAH tickets depending on what we can ride during normal hours. Would it be possible to buy DAH tickets that late and if so, could we still get our AP discount? Thanks in advance.

Here’s the info from Page 1:

• Day-of AP/DVC discounts are not available online day of but may be available at a ticket window (your mileage may vary)
I’d appreciate hearing about results from you (or anyone else) as that’s our best method to track info like this. Thanks!

Here’s the info from Page 1:

• Day-of AP/DVC discounts are not available online day of but may be available at a ticket window (your mileage may vary)
I’d appreciate hearing about results from you (or anyone else) as that’s our best method to track info like this. Thanks!
I went on the website last night and tried to buy tickets for tonights event as suggested by a previous poster and the tickets were available and discounted for my AP. I tried the same thing this morning and the tickets are no longer available at all for tonight at either price. So they either sold out last night or they no longer sell them at all day of online.

I went on the website last night and tried to buy tickets for tonights event as suggested by a previous poster and the tickets were available and discounted for my AP. I tried the same thing this morning and the tickets are no longer available at all for tonight at either price. So they either sold out last night or they no longer sell them at all day of online.

That’s the way it’s supposed to work. Day of the event, the regular ticket price increases $4 to $129 plus tax, and there is no AP/DVC discount available online.

That’s the way it’s supposed to work. Day of the event, the regular ticket price increases $4 to $129 plus tax, and there is no AP/DVC discount available online.
Yeah that was what I read in your first post yesterday but I was surprised that they dont even have them for sale online at all this morning even at regular price.

I called ticketing this morning and the rep told me that I could only purchase tickets at MK if the event is that night. She said that it would be $129 per ticket even though we are AP. This info may not be correct based on what other posters have mentioned but I dont think we are going to chance it. We will decide the day before if we want to go or not so we definitely get the discount. Thanks for all of the info.

This sounds very interesting to us. We used to do MNSSHP for a few years, until there became a noticeable increase in the crowd level from one year to the next. I am going to follow this thread closely because it looks promising.

We decided to do the AK DAH event the day of during our trip. We purchased them in person and were given the DVC discount the day of the event. Hope that helps.

I am confused as to when they announce the dates. If we did a late night at MK, it would be nice to have a rest day scheduled for the following day. It makes it hard to plan not knowing when DAH will be offered in Nov 2019. We don't want to schedule a rest day too early in the trip.

We were planning a really long trip with my inlaws for this summer, a cruise plus 2 days at Disney, Universal, and Kennedy Space Center. Now we're going to take off the Disney and Universal portions so DH and I will scheme to do a long weekend sometime for those with them. I'm actually kind of excited so hopefully we can plan it around at least MK DAH... :goodvibes

I am confused as to when they announce the dates. If we did a late night at MK, it would be nice to have a rest day scheduled for the following day. It makes it hard to plan not knowing when DAH will be offered in Nov 2019. We don't want to schedule a rest day too early in the trip.

Yep. It's challenging to plan a trip when you don't know all the potential event dates (including DAH, EMM, fireworks and fireworks parties, etc...) until much closer to your trip. You can look at the DAH dates from November of 2018 to get an idea of when they MIGHT schedule it in 2019 (if they have it at all during your trip). That's about the best you can do. I have a trip coming in May and we still don't know if they're going to have DAH or EMM or any of those things. Hopefully we will hear something in the next couple weeks for our trip, but I wouldn't count on knowing anything about November until at least September.

I'm waiting for July, so can't really commit to anything even though I made a handful of ADRs. It's just how they do it, unfortunately.

Yep. It's challenging to plan a trip when you don't know all the potential event dates (including DAH, EMM, fireworks and fireworks parties, etc...) until much closer to your trip. You can look at the DAH dates from November of 2018 to get an idea of when they MIGHT schedule it in 2019 (if they have it at all during your trip). That's about the best you can do. I have a trip coming in May and we still don't know if they're going to have DAH or EMM or any of those things. Hopefully we will hear something in the next couple weeks for our trip, but I wouldn't count on knowing anything about November until at least September.

Especially when you have to plan ADR and FP+ so far out!! The last two years, we decided that we were just going to make our plans and if a special event happened to fall on that night, we would purchase tickets, but we weren't going to switch everything around based on the events. DAH, though, sounds like a nice experience, especially since we don't spend nearly enough time in the parks at nighttime. We are usually in bed before the fireworks.

at after hours party tonight and wondering if anyone knows how we can ride space mountain more than once without going all the way around outside again

at after hours party tonight and wondering if anyone knows how we can ride space mountain more than once without going all the way around outside again
We last did it in July so it may have changed since then, but they let us go up two different ramps back up to the ride. There is an orange or green horizontal line that will take you back up to the ride. I think it depends on the cms and if they will let you reride or not

I hope that everyone is getting in the park and enjoying themselves. Please add me to 3/28, I purchased tickets this morning.

Does in park wrist band distribution start at 7:00 or before?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter