**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

They gave us anytime FPS but we are waiting for the lantern photo right now. It’s a long line but this was one thing I really wanted. We contacted our club level peeps and they gave us anytime FPS for Friday when we are at mk
That was awesome of them ! Glad things are turning around for you!

That was awesome of them ! Glad things are turning around for you!
Well I wouldn’t say they’ve turned around much. Btmr and pirates are still closed. I hope they open because btmr is a huge reason why we do this event

We are back in bed now at yc and very tired. It was a looong day flying in and going to dah.

They let us in right at 6:30 pm. We had FPS for pirates and btmr which were both down. We decided to do the Swiss family treehouse since Dh had never done it before. There were quite a few other people going through at the same time. We then did the tangled lantern picture. It was about a 35-40 minute wait but it was on my list to do.

During dah:
Winnie the Pooh
Ice cream and drinks (by pooh)
Tea cups
Space x3 (used reride lines-they weren’t advertising this though)
Buzz
Popcorn & drinks (in hub)
Jungle cruise-this was so much fun in the dark. They waited until our boat was full for anyone wondering.
Popcorn (by jungle cruise)
Btmr x2 (would’ve done more but it was chilly and we got cold on it)
Picture in front of castle by partner statue (I specifically did this in the middle because at the end everyone is getting pictures)
Ice cream (in hub)
People mover x2-they let us stay on, the second time we were stopped for around 5-10 minutes
Mickey and Minnie m&g-longest wait of the night, said 10 minutes but it was more like 30 at least
Quickly shopped in emporium before close

Overall, we had a good time. We planned to slow down and take our time and we did just that. We skipped quite a few things including 7dmt because I was able to get a fp for it on Friday. We also skipped pirates since it was down most of the night. We didn’t want to risk going on it. We texted our CL people and they gave us anytime FPS (for pirates and btmr) for Friday on our mk day and it can work for 7dmt. I was very happy they made that right for us and they responded super fast. This is our first club level stay and I’m already very impressed. I got some great shots in Adventureland and Frontierland with hardly anyone and it was super foggy which made for a cool atmosphere.

For any other midwestern/northerners, we packed coats and gloves in our bags and never put them on. I believe it was low 40s tonight and we were fine in pants and a hoodie with no hats or gloves. It was amazing feeling this weather after what we came from this morning.

Attachments

• C221BA90-EE91-4D85-875B-757CD5FBCF4F.jpeg
    C221BA90-EE91-4D85-875B-757CD5FBCF4F.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 3B6553D0-9B87-4F20-A785-F1531049E776.jpeg
    3B6553D0-9B87-4F20-A785-F1531049E776.jpeg
    35.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 8F4E918A-F54E-49A3-BBE5-5513FA4D829F.jpeg
    8F4E918A-F54E-49A3-BBE5-5513FA4D829F.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 47
  • 7D8B0706-7A04-4C8A-B295-6D10EB4CB651.jpeg
    7D8B0706-7A04-4C8A-B295-6D10EB4CB651.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 48
Just back from DAH. I really liked it. They let us in at 6:30pm. It was just my husband and myself. We started in Adventureland.
Tiki
Jungle (fastpass)
Pirates (it was open)
Watched fireworks near Tom Sawyer Island
BTMR
Popcorn/water
Haunted Mansion
7DMT x2
Winnie
Space
Astro
Buzz x2
Ice cream/water
People mover
Philharmagic

We would definitely do it again.
Had on layers and we did wear our gloves!

We had a great time last night until our bus got back to AKL. The kids had been laying across my lap and my daughter must have gotten motion sickness from all of the riding in a short time and then the bus because as soon as we got off the bus she puked all over. Then we had to clean that all up before bed. Hopefully she feels better today since her birthday is tomorrow. We got there at 7:30 from Epcot. Here are our ride totals.
Before the party time:
Barnstormer
Dumbo
Once party started:
Seven dwarves x2
HM
Big thunder x2
Pirates
Picture by partners statue
Buzz
Astro
Space/seven dwarves
Seven dwarves
Splash x2

2 sodas 1 water 4 ice cream 2 popcorn
We would definitely do it again!

We had a great time last night until our bus got back to AKL. The kids had been laying across my lap and my daughter must have gotten motion sickness from all of the riding in a short time and then the bus because as soon as we got off the bus she puked all over. Then we had to clean that all up before bed. Hopefully she feels better today since her birthday is tomorrow. We got there at 7:30 from Epcot. Here are our ride totals.
Before the party time:
Barnstormer
Dumbo
Once party started:
Seven dwarves x2
HM
Big thunder x2
Pirates
Picture by partners statue
Buzz
Astro
Space/seven dwarves
Seven dwarves
Splash x2

2 sodas 1 water 4 ice cream 2 popcorn
We would definitely do it again!
Hope your daughter feels better today!

This all seems too good to be true. For $125, every ride at MK is walk on for 3 hours? Plus there are select snacks included and no crowds to fight? If this is extended until Nov (and further), I would be elated.
Of course $500 for a family of 4 isn't cheap by any means, but I would gladly pay a premium for this. There is A LOT that can be done in 3 hours. Even on a normal day, from RD to lunchtime, we can do half of our must-do list.
I really hope this stays around.

This all seems too good to be true. For $125, every ride at MK is walk on for 3 hours? Plus there are select snacks included and no crowds to fight? If this is extended until Nov (and further), I would be elated.
Of course $500 for a family of 4 isn't cheap by any means, but I would gladly pay a premium for this. There is A LOT that can be done in 3 hours. Even on a normal day, from RD to lunchtime, we can do half of our must-do list.
I really hope this stays around.

We are a family of 4 and both my DH and I agree- we would pay for this every time!

My husband and I were there last night. We're from Atlanta so we were chilly. I wore a coat and was comfortable, my husband wore a hoddie and complained some.

Crowds before and after were both heavier than the last time we attended an After Hours event. We got on the People Mover right before the fireworks show started and rode it twice. After that we went to Space Mountain intending to ride it a second time with the short cut, we started to follow another couple who'd gone that way after getting off the ride but we're stopped by a CM and told we had to go all the way back through the line, the walk off was a lot longer than Iremember it being as well so we ended up only doing SM once.

Total ride list was:
PM x2
SM
Ariel ride
Pooh ride
Haunted Mansion
BTMR x2
Pirates
HM again
7DMT

We had 2 ice cream breaks, two popcorn breaks and a coke and returned back to our hotel with 5 bottles of water stashed in our bag.

I wish they'd let you use the FP line to enter rides faster but we had a great time and I'd do it again. One more AH event for us this week at DHS.

Jungle cruise-this was so much fun in the dark. They waited until our boat was full for anyone wondering.

That's good to know! I was thinking it would be pointless in the dark and we could skip it.

For any other midwestern/northerners, we packed coats and gloves in our bags and never put them on. I believe it was low 40s tonight and we were fine in pants and a hoodie with no hats or gloves. It was amazing feeling this weather after what we came from this morning.

We're in North Dakota and I've really been stressing over getting colder than expected. Especially since we can't really go back to our resort before DAH (too much time wasted) and won't lug around jackets all day. So that's encouraging. Our DAH is late next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter