**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

We also did DAH on 1/7. DH and I had attended one 8/30 and this one def. felt less crowded. We bought tickets at home- also no barcode or attachment. They did show up under my tickets in MDE but not in my daily schedule. We arrived around 6 (we had hoppers) and used a fp for pirates, a fp for jungle cruise, watched mickey's philharmagic and used a fb for small world before watching HEA.

We got our wristbands in Tomorrowland- they were on the Buzz side across from Stitch's. It was close to 8:30 by this point. We rode buzz, space mountain twice (they were running both sides at this point), haunted mansion, BTM twice, did lantern pics, rode 7DMT, little mermaid, dumbo, SM again (longer this time bcs only running one side), and finished with Buzz at 10:55. We stopped a couple times for snacks- outside HM, SM and BTM. Lines, if any, went fast.

We got a bus right away back to BWI (stopped at Swan, Dolphin, Yacht and Beach club first).

It has probably been 15 years since we rode dumbo- not sure I could have convinced my 19/21 yr olds to do it if there had been any line. As it was, we had the ride to ourselves and each had our own elephant. LOVE this event!

We also did DAH on 1/7. DH and I had attended one 8/30 and this one def. felt less crowded. We bought tickets at home- also no barcode or attachment. They did show up under my tickets in MDE but not in my daily schedule. We arrived around 6 (we had hoppers) and used a fp for pirates, a fp for jungle cruise, watched mickey's philharmagic and used a fb for small world before watching HEA.

We got our wristbands in Tomorrowland- they were on the Buzz side across from Stitch's. It was close to 8:30 by this point. We rode buzz, space mountain twice (they were running both sides at this point), haunted mansion, BTM twice, did lantern pics, rode 7DMT, little mermaid, dumbo, SM again (longer this time bcs only running one side), and finished with Buzz at 10:55. We stopped a couple times for snacks- outside HM, SM and BTM. Lines, if any, went fast.

We got a bus right away back to BWI (stopped at Swan, Dolphin, Yacht and Beach club first).

It has probably been 15 years since we rode dumbo- not sure I could have convinced my 19/21 yr olds to do it if there had been any line. As it was, we had the ride to ourselves and each had our own elephant. LOVE this event!
Great report! I told Dh we have to do the lantern picture this time because we’ve missed it every time. We don’t have memory maker so might have to figure that out

Great report! I told Dh we have to do the lantern picture this time because we’ve missed it every time. We don’t have memory maker so might have to figure that out

I'm trying to talk myself into spending the $69 for the one day Memory Maker, mostly just for the lantern picture, but I'd also like to have all of the ride photos and maybe some on an empty Main Street and in front of the Castle.

I'm trying to talk myself into spending the $69 for the one day Memory Maker, mostly just for the lantern picture, but I'd also like to have all of the ride photos and maybe some on an empty Main Street and in front of the Castle.
I might be able to convince Dh to get memory maker. I normally really like getting it.

You may need to add an "I'm celebrating DAH" note on your reservation and get a pin at check-in!
Hah!! I totally should say something when we check in. This is the first time we’ve gone to Disney without celebrating something

@GADisneyDad14, can you add me to 1/17 whenever you get a chance - thanks! A week from tonight!

Done - wow, your trip is close, have fun!

We are doing our very first DAH during our trip next month (yay!!!) I've read through much of this thread and have seen folks referencing getting a different/unique experience on Jungle Cruise. I absolutely LOVE Jungle Cruise - the puns, the dad jokes, it's the best! I particularly love it when I've got a rogue Skipper who will go off script a bit, so the prospect of getting a different JC experience is intriguing. Does anyone who has experienced this have any tips? Should I wait and go really late when our chances of being on a boat alone or with very few people are presumably better? (I had planned to start DAH in Adventureland, but could double back if necessary). Will the presence of my 12- and 15-year-old discourage the Skipper in any way? Should I tell the Skipper we'd like the different spiel? Definitely not looking for spoilers about exactly what to expect, just how to maximize our chances. Thanks!

I have to admit, I don't think we've done JC during DAH, so I don't have any good advice! I need to correct my ways during a future DAH night though!

Done - wow, your trip is close, have fun!

I have to admit, I don't think we've done JC during DAH, so I don't have any good advice! I need to correct my ways during a future DAH night though!
I was actually thinking about doing jc this time because we will likely skip more this time (dumbo, barnstormer, country bears, haunted mansion)

I believe from reports it’s all wristbands now. I know DHS DAH was only wristbands in December and I think the same has been going on at MK too. For 9/20 at MK they gave wristbands but some people had lanyards (could never figure out where they got them). I think that may have been among the last nights (if not the last night) that lanyards have been seen.

I guess not surprising with the increase in frequency of these things, they’ve opted for the cheaper alternative.

I am just popping in to see if there are any rumors of summer dates yet (fingers crossed) but wanted to say we were there on 9/20 and received lanyards at the Tortuga location. When we were standing around chatting with other people at the HEA dessert party, the only other people with lanyards had also checked in there.

We are doing our very first DAH during our trip next month (yay!!!) I've read through much of this thread and have seen folks referencing getting a different/unique experience on Jungle Cruise. I absolutely LOVE Jungle Cruise - the puns, the dad jokes, it's the best! I particularly love it when I've got a rogue Skipper who will go off script a bit, so the prospect of getting a different JC experience is intriguing. Does anyone who has experienced this have any tips? Should I wait and go really late when our chances of being on a boat alone or with very few people are presumably better? (I had planned to start DAH in Adventureland, but could double back if necessary). Will the presence of my 12- and 15-year-old discourage the Skipper in any way? Should I tell the Skipper we'd like the different spiel? Definitely not looking for spoilers about exactly what to expect, just how to maximize our chances. Thanks!

I did DAH on 9/20, and we did Jungle Cruise near the end of the night, maybe about 2 hours in? I was originally hoping for a boat to ourselves, but they held the boat til we there were several people on it, including some teenagers. It was AWESOME. The Skipper was super into it, and wove a lot of the jokes throughout the whole ride. You know how they ask who believes that the captain should go down with the ship and then they say that one of the passengers is the new captain? She did that joke near the beginning of the ride and then kept calling for our captain to save us throughout the ride. It was hilarious. basically, ride it after DAH has been going for a bit, and you should have a great time. :)

I am just popping in to see if there are any rumors of summer dates yet (fingers crossed) but wanted to say we were there on 9/20 and received lanyards at the Tortuga location. When we were standing around chatting with other people at the HEA dessert party, the only other people with lanyards had also checked in there.

We did 9/20 and got our lanyards from Stitch's Great Escape--we checked in there right before checking into the dessert party.

I did DAH on 9/20, and we did Jungle Cruise near the end of the night, maybe about 2 hours in? I was originally hoping for a boat to ourselves, but they held the boat til we there were several people on it, including some teenagers. It was AWESOME. The Skipper was super into it, and wove a lot of the jokes throughout the whole ride. You know how they ask who believes that the captain should go down with the ship and then they say that one of the passengers is the new captain? She did that joke near the beginning of the ride and then kept calling for our captain to save us throughout the ride. It was hilarious. basically, ride it after DAH has been going for a bit, and you should have a great time. :)
This sounds really fun. We got a fp for Jungle Cruise on our other MK day, but I think we might switch it and do JC during DAH.

That sounds like the skipper we had that night!

Maybe they were distributing the lanyards at in park check in locations only then?

There were so many of us at the dessert party that night! We should have had a meet up. :)

That would make sense. I think I also had to ask for the lanyards? but I don't remember for sure.

Right?! We totally should have. Missed opportunities.

It's been years since I've had an actual ticket. I got our DAH tickets in the mail. Do we just get in the DAH entrance line and scan them like a MB?

Edit to add: Most of my group doesn't have MBs anyway so the hard ticket is all we've got.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter