• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Ok, this is ridiculous! It’s one thing if Disney wants to comp bloggers, but entirely another when they get special ride access & increased wait times door guests who paid a pretty good price to have low wait times. Sounds like some emails to guest services are in order.

Edit: Oh, and the center stage area too? Disney should have run an event just for bloggers & not take away from paying guests!!
Yep, this. I emailed Disney after the first MNSSHP, they were very good to us. :love:

FYI, the characters that normally meet for regular DAH are not being offered for Villains After Hours. So Mickey/Minnie, Princess Ferrytale Hall, Aerial (maybe someone else I’m forgetting) aren’t open for Villains After Hours.
That was a bit of a letdown to hear at first, but thinking about it, it makes sense. It would be a little strange to have the princesses and Mickey out when the villians are supposedly taking over.

You mean bloggers/vloggers and I then would presume media/internet people like many of the websites I get info from or read reviews from not only get in free but get special treatment, no or short lines, and special viewing areas!? How is that considered fair at all, and why should I pay any attention to their reviews then? That’s ridiculous if I’m understanding correctly, and actually makes me kind of angry! I kind of figured some got free tickets (but dumb me I thought that would only be the official meadia type people), but had no idea it went beyond that. How about the group from the dis? I had thought they paid for tickets, but do they use the special lines and viewing areas, etc?

We’re sitting at lunch so I’m still reflecting on the night, so forgive my very random musings:

There were very few small children there. Lots of young adults, solo couples, or families with teens.

The costumes we did see were very well done so kudos to all of them! Plenty of Disney bounding (like myself).

Thank you to the poster who pointed out about bloggers getting special access. I did occasionally see people coming through the FP line but couldn’t figure out why (Grrrrr). Their big set ups at the castle center stage made me lol (we only noticed them before the midnight show as we were crisscrossing). What have their reactions been so far? Positive? (I saw the Blog Mickey tweet about Space but as I posted earlier, I disagree. I definitely had better experience with it during second ride in the “right” track)

Listen I enjoy watching the DIS and Tim Tracker, but the fact that these people were given preferential type treatment for DAH is really ridiculous. I know it amounts to "free" marketing for Disney, but people pay a lot of money to attend this event. No one should be put below people just because they are on YouTube or write a blog. Disney SHOULD BE BETTER THAN THAT.

I apologize if this was answered already and I missed it, but were any of the special treats being offered before seven? I’m hoping to mobile order some Hades nachos as my dinner but don’t want to wait until 10 to eat!

Thank you to those who provided their reviews of the event. DW, DMIL and I will be attending the DVAH on June 16th. We are very excited. I am a sucker for exclusive merchandise, so I will definitely purchase a t-shirt or tumbler from the event.

Thanks to all for the reviews so far - I'm glad I waited for reviews before buying tickets. We have decided against this for our early August trip. I'm bummed because we did DAH at MK twice in our trip last year and it was the highlights. BUT I (and DH agrees) loved the peacefulness as we were walking around. I absolutely loved being in the hub area without many people around and then at night leaving it was just so amazing to be able to listen to the background music and gradually make out way out (especially the 2nd time we went when the started using wrist bands and there were so many less people). The idea of the hub area being like a "club" the loud nonDisney music and strobe lights just confirms that I don't have much of an interest in this event now.

The DIS team did pay to go, so they should be giving an honest review. I don't know about the others.

Not picking on DIS but it is more important to me that a media person received or did not receive the perk of FP lane or upfront show area than whether they paid for themselves or not.

I can’t trust their review on their experience if I can’t possibly have the same experience.

Not picking on DIS but it is more important to me that a media person received or did not receive the perk of FP lane or upfront show area than whether they paid for themselves or not.

I can’t trust their review on their experience if I can’t possibly have the same experience.

Well when I posted this no one knew that was going to happen.

Thanks to all for the reviews so far - I'm glad I waited for reviews before buying tickets. We have decided against this for our early August trip. I'm bummed because we did DAH at MK twice in our trip last year and it was the highlights. BUT I (and DH agrees) loved the peacefulness as we were walking around. I absolutely loved being in the hub area without many people around and then at night leaving it was just so amazing to be able to listen to the background music and gradually make out way out (especially the 2nd time we went when the started using wrist bands and there were so many less people). The idea of the hub area being like a "club" the loud nonDisney music and strobe lights just confirms that I don't have much of an interest in this event now.
I feel the same way, but I’m going to wait and make my decision after a couple more of the events have passed.

100% agree. I’m fine if the vlogger got in for free in exchange for an honest review but What good is their review if it doesn’t show the experience of the average guest?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter