Disney After Hours in June?

goofy4prez

A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!
Has anyone heard if Disney plans on doing these ticketed Disney After Hours events past this spring? Normally I"m not a real big fan of these things and won't pay the price, but Disney's got me where they want me this year. We are going to be at WDW from 6/4-6/8 and then doing a 7 day Disney cruise. With such little time and a real good chance I will not be able to get a FP+ for FOP, I'm thinking of actually dropping down a few bucks and maximizing my time at AK if they extend this. :confused3

I know they had some last year for MK in June. I'm also waiting for June dates to come out. I'm hoping to get AK and MK for us.

Has anyone heard if Disney plans on doing these ticketed Disney After Hours events past this spring? Normally I"m not a real big fan of these things and won't pay the price, but Disney's got me where they want me this year. We are going to be at WDW from 6/4-6/8 and then doing a 7 day Disney cruise. With such little time and a real good chance I will not be able to get a FP+ for FOP, I'm thinking of actually dropping down a few bucks and maximizing my time at AK if they extend this. :confused3

Why don’t you just ride FOP at the end of the day when the line gets short.

We were there during the first week of June this past summer and the actual wait right before closing time was about 20 minutes.

The posted waits those evenings was around 70-90 minutes.

I don't know how the DAH will play out in other parks, or what this year's schedule will be. But I was at the first of the MK summer sessions last year, and it was about June 28. Because things are already in place, it might happen sooner this year, but last year the summer session didn't start until late June.

Why don’t you just ride FOP at the end of the day when the line gets short.

We were there during the first week of June this past summer and the actual wait right before closing time was about 20 minutes.

The posted waits those evenings was around 70-90 minutes.

Fair question and a good suggestion. I have actually thought of doing this. The reason why I don't want to do this is we would also like to see the ROL show. We were last at WDW in 2016 and at the time they had a rather rushed showing of a Jungle Book show since ROL was not yet ready and of course the World of Avatar was not yet open. We only have 3 1/2 days in Disney for this trip before our 7 days Disney Cruise and want to try and see and do as much as we can in this time frame.

Fair question and a good suggestion. I have actually thought of doing this. The reason why I don't want to do this is we would also like to see the ROL show. We were last at WDW in 2016 and at the time they had a rather rushed showing of a Jungle Book show since ROL was not yet ready and of course the World of Avatar was not yet open. We only have 3 1/2 days in Disney for this trip before our 7 days Disney Cruise and want to try and see and do as much as we can in this time frame.

Ok, let’s look at another option in case they don’t have any After Hours events in early June. They did not have these during this time last year.

In early June, Rivers of Light was performed twice each evening. I believe that showtimes were 9 and 10:15 with a 10 pm park close.

If you went to the early show you would have plenty of time to make it to Pandora before park close. Most guests head to the exits and not back into the park after the evening show.

The night we went, the early show appeared to be completely full while the late performance was about 1/3 full.

Ok, let’s look at another option in case they don’t have any After Hours events in early June. They did not have these during this time last year.

In early June, Rivers of Light was performed twice each evening. I believe that showtimes were 9 and 10:15 with a 10 pm park close.

If you went to the early show you would have plenty of time to make it to Pandora before park close. Most guests head to the exits and not back into the park after the evening show.

The night we went, the early show appeared to be completely full while the late performance was about 1/3 full.

Sounds like sound advice to me. It certainly leaves a few options. Hopefully we are able to get a FP+ for FOP, if not this could be a nice strategy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter