**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I just bought for 4/13 event and chose the print at home option. I received an email with a pdf containing the individual tickets. Do you know if I need to really print them out or can they just scan the barcode on my phone? Thanks!

Question about the ticketing for this:

I will be at WDW on a short solo trip from 3/2 - 3/5. I have two day park hoppers which I don’t plan on activating until 3/3. I have purchased a ticket to DHS after hours for 3/2 and received an email with a barcode. It is also showing up in my plans on MDE. My question is, if I enter DHS at 7:00 for the event, this won’t activate one of my park hopper tickets since it’s technically still regular park operating hours will it? I know you can use your magic band to enter but I was planning on using the barcode in my email for this reason as a precaution. Just wondering if I actually have anything to worry about though.

Like another poster said...I'm the type to follow a "better safe than sorry" policy. I've had a couple of similar situations like what you are describing, where I had more than one type of ticket linked in MDE and I didn't want to accidentally have the wrong ticket used. For me, carrying in a physical card or a piece of paper to be scanned is just not that much of a hassle if it means a guarantee of having the right ticket used.

In every case, I've had them scan my physical ticket and then used my magicband for FP with no trouble.

Did anybody attend this past Saturday?
Hi. My husband and I were there this past Saturday, January 5th. Our party started at 8:30PM & we had a great time. It was a little chilly but we had prepared for it. We started with TOT/RNRC first with almost no-one there. After a few rides each, we got our snacks/drinks and then headed over to TSL. We did Alien Swirling Saucers 3 times with no wait, TSM 3 times with no wait and SDD had about a 25 min wait pretty much all night so we were able to ride that 3 times as well. Figuring SDD was up to 3 hour wait a few hours earlier I'd say a 25 min wait was AMAZING. Chatted with some nice folks in line and the time flew by. We do not care for Star Tours so we never went over to that area at all.
My husband and I spent the majority of the evening hopping between the 3 TSL attractions, bathroom breaks and eating our snacks. We really had a fun night and it did not seem crowded at all. I would do it again.

Well we went for it and got plane tickets!!! We are coming down January 28 and staying until February 3. Flying down with Frontier for $28 each and flying back with Southwest paid with points so cost us $0. We did pay for early bird check in and bags/seats for Frontier so the total came out to around $250 together which is pretty darn good! We plan to go to the HS DAH on 2/2, but haven't bought tickets yet because we are going to get discounted Disney gcs first. I can't believe we made the choice and are doing the trifecta!!!

Well we went for it and got plane tickets!!! We are coming down January 28 and staying until February 3. Flying down with Frontier for $28 each and flying back with Southwest paid with points so cost us $0. We did pay for early bird check in and bags/seats for Frontier so the total came out to around $250 together which is pretty darn good! We plan to go to the HS DAH on 2/2, but haven't bought tickets yet because we are going to get discounted Disney gcs first. I can't believe we made the choice and are doing the trifecta!!!

We'll be there the same dates! Considering the same DAH date which is what led me to this thread. I was going to do EMM but didn't jump on it in time for our planned DHS day (1/31). I'm not sure I'm up to fighting the rope drop crowds to see TSL, so HS DAH is looking better and better. Plus, all the great reports on this thread have me seriously tempted! We're doing lots of extra magic this trip (first deluxe, first club level stay, first dessert party) so DAH might just be the cherry on top.

edit: EMM, not EMH

Last edited:
We'll be there the same dates! Considering the same DAH date which is what led me to this thread. I was going to do EMM but didn't jump on it in time for our planned DHS day (1/31). I'm not sure I'm up to fighting the rope drop crowds to see TSL, so HS DHS is looking better and better. Plus, all the great reports on this thread have me seriously tempted! We're doing lots of extra magic this trip (first deluxe, first club level stay, first dessert party) so DAH might just be the cherry on top.

edit: EMM, not EMH
Hah that’s awesome! We might see you there then

Sounds like Feb 2nd is a hot date! I was going to wait to buy closer to a week out as that is my arrival day and I am flying out of Denver for a four night stay. If it’s likely a blizzard I wouldn’t want to risk not making it to the party, just hope it’s still available if the weather looks promising. I usually stay put during the winter but I splurged on an AP this year.

Sounds like Feb 2nd is a hot date! I was going to wait to buy closer to a week out as that is my arrival day and I am flying out of Denver for a four night stay. If it’s likely a blizzard I wouldn’t want to risk not making it to the party, just hope it’s still available if the weather looks promising. I usually stay put during the winter but I splurged on an AP this year.
We are attending the 1/28 MK event and that's our arrival day. I'm a little worried about our flight getting delayed/cancelled, but we wanted tickets so we just went ahead and bought ours.

I wanted to get some opinions from those of you who have done this! We are going to WDW this fall (10/19-10/27). Assuming this continues and it is continuing to be offered on Saturdays, I am thinking I would love to do it for our arrival day!! We have already done the Halloween Party. I was interested in MK After Hours, but we have several days planned for Magic Kingdom and I really prefer the atmosphere of MK on a normal day. With all the new rides in HS, plus I am thinking the Runaway Railroad ride will be open, I am strongly leaning toward paying for the HS After Hours vs EMM or MK After Hours. Do you think that will be the best value? Assuming it is offered??

I wanted to get some opinions from those of you who have done this! We are going to WDW this fall (10/19-10/27). Assuming this continues and it is continuing to be offered on Saturdays, I am thinking I would love to do it for our arrival day!! We have already done the Halloween Party. I was interested in MK After Hours, but we have several days planned for Magic Kingdom and I really prefer the atmosphere of MK on a normal day. With all the new rides in HS, plus I am thinking the Runaway Railroad ride will be open, I am strongly leaning toward paying for the HS After Hours vs EMM or MK After Hours. Do you think that will be the best value? Assuming it is offered??

All depends on your preferences I guess (and SWGE). EMM is great, but it's short and more hyper than relaxing. DAH is relaxing - you have most of the park, much more time, etc. If they have dates (a big if), I'd strongly consider it.

Just booked for March 9th! We'll be doing the trifecta of DAH. Busy week, but it's kind of a "go big or go home" trip for us since we likely won't be back for a few years (mostly because I'll need that time to recoup my financial losses..... lol). Looking forward to it!

Just booked for March 9th! We'll be doing the trifecta of DAH. Busy week, but it's kind of a "go big or go home" trip for us since we likely won't be back for a few years (mostly because I'll need that time to recoup my financial losses..... lol). Looking forward to it!

We'll be there too!!:banana:
We're also trying the fantasyland EMM. We,ve done TSL EMM it was fun but i don't think we'd do it again. Too short of time for the price.
I love the idea of having the park to our selves for 3 hours. So exciting!!
Have a great time!!
Liz:rose:

We'll be there too!!:banana:
We're also trying the fantasyland EMM. We,ve done TSL EMM it was fun but i don't think we'd do it again. Too short of time for the price.
I love the idea of having the park to our selves for 3 hours. So exciting!!
Have a great time!!

We're also doing fantasy land EMM for the first time!! I'm excited for it, but more excited for after hours since I'm really not a morning person :) I hope you have a great time too!

We're also doing fantasy land EMM for the first time!! I'm excited for it, but more excited for after hours since I'm really not a morning person :) I hope you have a great time too!

Thank you!!:teeth::teeth: I'm not a morning person either. But It's nice getting out in the Florida sun after being cooped up for the winter LOL
I'm really sad they're not offering DAH for AK the week we'll be there or we would have done that one. I love animal Kingdom, especially at night it's really pretty.

Its not a bad idea but 125 dollars !!!!! for 3 hours. You could get two days for that!
I never go into this event thinking I only have 3 hours. You have to compare the crowd levels as well. You can get the entire park (or close to it) done in those 3 hours. IMO it's absolutely worth the $125 so much so that Dh and I are doing all three DAH events which comes to around $750 since we don't get any discounts. I also get to keep my sanity because I HATE fighting crowds.

Hi everyone! we are going on 01/19! I have followed this thread since it began and we are SO excited!! Since it is only a week away, I wanted to confirm the snack and drink locations- and which ones have the bottled drinks. I just want to be sure I know where to go so we don't waste precious DAH time looking for some popcorn and soda! Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter