**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

For those that have attended...how does the half hour between park closing and event starting work at HS. When we did AK after hours, we weren't all to ride during that half hour. They held us at dinosaur and said they were waiting to clear the line held us until just a few min before actual start time. Is this the same at HS?

For those that have attended...how does the half hour between park closing and event starting work at HS. When we did AK after hours, we weren't all to ride during that half hour. They held us at dinosaur and said they were waiting to clear the line held us until just a few min before actual start time. Is this the same at HS?

We went when HS closed at 8 and AH started at 8:30. We headed into TSL at 8 and they waved us through and we started riding.

Ours are in our MDE account under tickets. We bought ours through the app. Did you check to make sure your tickets are linked? I would think you wouldn’t need to pick them up if they are linked but I’ve never done DAH before our upcoming May date so I can’t be sure.

Did you select both your profile names when checking out? If so, they should already be linked. If not, I would call resort ticketing (407-566-4985) and have them get that order number linked if you don't have the code in your e-mail. Don't worry that he does not have an AP, you can purchase one for him with your AP. That is perfectly acceptable.

All the ticket windows and even the resort concierge should be able to assist with the tickets, but hopefully you have it all straightened out and linked prior to your arrival.

Thanks guys! I finally found the ticket section on MDE and they are both showing up and are linked to the correct people, so it looks like we are good to go! Also just realized I posted this in the DHS After Hours thread instead of MK. Sorry! Pregnancy brain is real and apparently I have a MAJOR case :rotfl:

Does anyone have any thoughts or has anyone heard any rumors about when/if Disney will release additional dates for HS DAH? My FP day is during this upcoming week, and it's so frustrating not knowing whether I can/should plan around attending this event during our trip.

Does anyone have any thoughts or has anyone heard any rumors about when/if Disney will release additional dates for HS DAH? My FP day is during this upcoming week, and it's so frustrating not knowing whether I can/should plan around attending this event during our trip.

I know what you mean. I was considering doing this one again, but I think we will stick with EMM. I am not sure that I am willing to change everything around after I book FPs.

We'll see. I emailed Guest Services about it and they gave me the standard "keep checking the website" response.

I faced the same issue for our May trip. I ended up booking fastpasses with the hopes that DAH would be offered so that it would be easy to slide in the event(s) without having to change my plans around. It mostly worked, except they changed the DHS DAH to Friday nights instead of Saturday. Still, it was easy to make that work for us. My advice would be for you to do the same thing. Try to make your plans in a way that allows enough space and flexibility to add DAH later.

All right... so we're a week out from the Sat "May the 4th" DHS DAH date. I'm a bit surprised it hasn't sold out, although maybe the Star Wars folks are saving their time/resources/enthusiasm for SWGE down the road?

On the other hand, the new round of dates was only released around a month ago, so not much run time for sales. I'll never understand why something like 5/1 (DHS 30th anniversary) and 5/4 haven't been on the calendar and being hawked for MONTHS. But what do I know!?!? :-)

All right... so we're a week out from the Sat "May the 4th" DHS DAH date. I'm a bit surprised it hasn't sold out, although maybe the Star Wars folks are saving their time/resources/enthusiasm for SWGE down the road?

On the other hand, the new round of dates was only released around a month ago, so not much run time for sales. I'll never understand why something like 5/1 (DHS 30th anniversary) and 5/4 haven't been on the calendar and being hawked for MONTHS. But what do I know!?!? :-)

I’m actually surprised too! But like you said Disney didn’t even post it till recently. I’m amazed how the Halloween and Christmas parties are already available to book. But we can barely get any information on summer DAH events and still can’t book the MK ones.

I thought for sure the Star Wars one would sell out. I hope it isn't cause that will make the even that much more enjoyable.

The May 4th Event really isn't too too much more than normal, so maybe it isn't enough to really draw the fans in.

I’ll happily take a not sold out Dahl! Although I do want them to do well because I’d like to see them continue, so I’m torn between wanting really light crowds and wanting it sold out. lol

I don’t follow these events that closely. Do we have any idea if they will extend this one or AK into July? Unfortunately the Villains one at MK has no dates while I’m there.

I thought for sure the Star Wars one would sell out. I hope it isn't cause that will make the even that much more enjoyable.

The May 4th Event really isn't too too much more than normal, so maybe it isn't enough to really draw the fans in.

This will be my first DAH event, so I’m also hoping it won’t sell out. I think there’s a good chance it won’t. Disney didn’t exactly go out of their way to make the event feel special. Photo opportunities with Rey and Phasma, the possibility of bumping into some Ewoks, and some themed merchandise and treats doesn’t seem like nearly enough to get fans to go out of their way to attend.

I don’t follow these events that closely. Do we have any idea if they will extend this one or AK into July? Unfortunately the Villains one at MK has no dates while I’m there.

The real answer is we don’t know. My guess/speculation is they will be added for a July and August series of dates, just seems to make sense to add more revenue generating opportunities in the summer lull prior to SWGE, especially since both have been reasonably popular/well-received events.

Unless they purely want to focus on the MK/Villains thing (or if that turns out to be a dud).

Who knows though. I’ve given up trying to guess what Disney will do with these things!

The real answer is we don’t know. My guess/speculation is they will be added for a July and August series of dates, just seems to make sense to add more revenue generating opportunities in the summer lull prior to SWGE, especially since both have been reasonably popular/well-received events.

Unless they purely want to focus on the MK/Villains thing (or if that turns out to be a dud).

Who knows though. I’ve given up trying to guess what Disney will do with these things!
You and me both!

There are no villains ones while I’m there that’s why I’m interested in one of these and hopeful they add them.

I'm trying to decide between Fantasmic and the Wonderful World of Animation/Star Wars projection shows for the May 4th After Hours Party to start off the night. We're only at the parks this one night and the children (10 and 12) have never seen either show. Do you think there's a chance they'll do an encore of the Star Wars projection show for the After Hours Party? I think both kids would enjoy Fantasmic but only one is a huge Star Wars fan.

I'm trying to decide between Fantasmic and the Wonderful World of Animation/Star Wars projection shows for the May 4th After Hours Party to start off the night. We're only at the parks this one night and the children (10 and 12) have never seen either show. Do you think there's a chance they'll do an encore of the Star Wars projection show for the After Hours Party? I think both kids would enjoy Fantasmic but only one is a huge Star Wars fan.
If you haven't seen either, I would personally go to Fantasmic!

Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular is a bunch of projected movies clips (out of order) with some fireworks. I preferred the old Symphony in the Stars that ended in 2016. Wonderful World of Animation is more of a pre-show than a show on its own.

IDK if it would ruin the experience for you, but you can pull up clips on YouTube and make a judgement call of what you think your family will like best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter