**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I'm trying to decide between Fantasmic and the Wonderful World of Animation/Star Wars projection shows for the May 4th After Hours Party to start off the night. We're only at the parks this one night and the children (10 and 12) have never seen either show. Do you think there's a chance they'll do an encore of the Star Wars projection show for the After Hours Party? I think both kids would enjoy Fantasmic but only one is a huge Star Wars fan.

We've done both and like both. But if I had to choose one especially with one of yours being a "non Star Wars" fan, I would choose Fantasmic. You wouldn't have to waste time claiming a spot for the fireworks. Plus at Fantasmic, you get to sit down and watch the show. And with it being May 4th, I'd imagine the event itself will be heavily Star Wars themed.

Crazy, not a single DISer report from 5/1.

On to tonight... May the 4th.... still not a sell out.

If any DISers are going tonight, I would be very appreciative of a pic of the current DAH handout/pamphlet they give you when you check in.

THANK YOU!
We’ll be there tonight, happy to post a pic and our experience. Crowds so far have been amazingly low.

If any DISers are going tonight, I would be very appreciative of a pic of the current DAH handout/pamphlet they give you when you check in.

THANK YOU!
I was there Wednesday night. We did Fantasmic which was crazy busy but then the park emptied out and it was walk onto everything all night long! We hit Tower x1, RRc x2, SDD x2, *** x1, TSm x1. Met Mike and Sully and Buzz. We were also able to purchase the exclusive merchandise. It started pouring right after the 12:15 showing of the new show so we headed out. Great night and well worth the money!

Attachments

• 53B69E66-F025-4D37-BF17-D9A21AEF02EB.jpeg
    53B69E66-F025-4D37-BF17-D9A21AEF02EB.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 8EEA5FE4-A6CE-4290-82CB-D218B7BF9B73.jpeg
    8EEA5FE4-A6CE-4290-82CB-D218B7BF9B73.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 34

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

I got the pamphlet but the dis keeps giving me errors when I try and post pics. :(

We’re twiddling our toes waiting to see if SDD is ever going to reopen. We were assured it was just weather related and would reopen momentarily. It’s been down at least an hour and the skies are clear.
Are there many people dressed in costume that you can tell?

I’m afraid our perfect record on this trip is shot. Storms started just as we were handed our dessert pkgs for Fantasmic. It’s still pouring, boats aren’t running to YC so we’re sitting on the boat hoping they get cleared to go rather than trudge through the rain and lightening to the busses.

So disappointed, we made special shirts, has lots of plans and it’s a bust. Hand it to Disney, they refunded our dessert pkg and refunded DAH back to a gift card. I had cancelled our EMM for Monday and it’s sold out now so we’re scrambling to make a back up plan to get some HS time.

Nothing to be done about it, can’t control the weather, but boo! I’ve got 1 sad little boy on my hands tonight.

I’m afraid our perfect record on this trip is shot. Storms started just as we were handed our dessert pkgs for Fantasmic. It’s still pouring, boats aren’t running to YC so we’re sitting on the boat hoping they get cleared to go rather than trudge through the rain and lightening to the busses.

So disappointed, we made special shirts, has lots of plans and it’s a bust. Hand it to Disney, they refunded our dessert pkg and refunded DAH back to a gift card. I had cancelled our EMM for Monday and it’s sold out now so we’re scrambling to make a back up plan to get some HS time.

Nothing to be done about it, can’t control the weather, but boo! I’ve got 1 sad little boy on my hands tonight.

So sorry to hear. I would be disappointed too. I'm glad y'all got a refund at least. Maybe there'll be some cancellations at the EMM and you can go on Monday.

So sorry to hear. I would be disappointed too. I'm glad y'all got a refund at least. Maybe there'll be some cancellations at the EMM and you can go on Monday.

Disney was more than generous. I was only asking for the dessert pkg refund and they offered the dah on their own. They also gave us a couple of anytime FPS for Monday so we’ll head over there Monday morning and make the best of it. I’ve learned to roll with the surprises on a Disney trip, but it’s hard when your kids get disappointed.

There were several at guest services showing their tails though, as though Disney can control the weather. There’s no need to walk in with an attitude. It’s no ones fault and we know the rules up front.

Just got back from DAH. Rough start due to weather. We arrived around 8:15 and also had Booked the Fantasmic Dessert Party. But after the initial horrible rain and lightning when we arrived, it cleared by around 9:30. We were refunded the dessert party costs. Watched the new history of animation show before the Star Wars fireworks/show. Loved the history of animation! After the Star Wars fireworks we headed to the launch bay to do the chewy and Rey meet and greet. 1 hour and 10 minutes later (11:20) we were finished. Chewy was great (my fiancé was in a Han Solo costume so it was a great interaction. Rey wasn’t as good). Darth Vader had a similar wait time so we bailed on that, headed to ride slinky dog (5 min wait), did storm trooper meet and greet (maybe 5-8 min wait) and this was the best interaction of the night. Then we did a no wait Olaf meet and greet. Checked the Ewok meet and greet wait times and it was 30 min so we skipped it. Saw the projection show on the tower of terror, which was great. Also loved seeing the droids - really impressive. Overall, we only accomplished 3 meet and greets, one SDD ride. Pretty disappointing but my fiancé is a huge Star Wars fan and we came for the characters more than the rides. Would I do this particular one again? No, I wouldn’t but glad we did it once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter