**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I was pretty annoyed at the way they handled the saucers, they did finally open the second side when SDD went down but had to run the tests, and the line just kept backing up. We got out of line after not moving for 10 minutes, and went to TSM (which was a walk on) and by the time we were done, the wait for the saucers was back down to five minutes.
We watched Star Wars fireworks before doing party things.
We did RNR once
Star tours twice (nephews favorite ride)
Toy story/swirling saucers once
Slinky dog three times

Nephew could not be coaxed on to tower of terror, we maybe could have toured slightly more efficiently, but overall it was really fun,and I would do it again. (I think we will try MK next)
Definitely try mk. It’s really fun! I’m not sure if I like one more than the other. I like them both for different reasons

We booked them ahead of time but it was only like 1-2 weeks ahead. Tsmm was 6:15-7:15 and rnrc was 7:30-8
Gotcha. We have park hoppers and have our 3 fast passs booked at MK in the AM at 9am, 10am, 11am and plan to be out of MK by 1pm to rest then head to DHS at 6pm to hopefully snag 1-2 FP on whatever we get before DAH starts. We have gotten Star Wars there late at night back to back before so hoping to get lucky!

Gotcha. We have park hoppers and have our 3 fast passs booked at MK in the AM at 9am, 10am, 11am and plan to be out of MK by 1pm to rest then head to DHS at 6pm to hopefully snag 1-2 FP on whatever we get before DAH starts. We have gotten Star Wars there late at night back to back before so hoping to get lucky!
I doubt you’ll even need a fp for star tours to be honest but might as well take one anyway if that’s what you want. I think we left our hotel at 6:20 ish. The line wasn’t very long to get in and it moved fast, but they didn’t start until right at 7

No, it wasn't on the handout. We heard them announce that it would be showing in 10 minutes and stuck around for it.

Gotcha, thanks!

How about PhotoPass photographers on Hollywood Blvd later into the event? Did you (or anyone else) happen to notice? Thanks!

Gotcha, thanks!

How about PhotoPass photographers on Hollywood Blvd later into the event? Did you (or anyone else) happen to notice? Thanks!

There was a PhotoPass photographer there right before and after that 10:00 Movie Magic show .We laughed that there were a lot more CMs around than actual guests. It was awesome.

I doubt you’ll even need a fp for star tours to be honest but might as well take one anyway if that’s what you want. I think we left our hotel at 6:20 ish. The line wasn’t very long to get in and it moved fast, but they didn’t start until right at 7
We have hoppers so we will be able to get in early. We are going March 30th so I assume parks will be packed thanks to Spring Break! Planning for craziness and hoping for the best!

I'm thinking of booking DAH for HS for Saturday, April 20.
Right now the dates are only listed up till Saturday, April 13. Does anyone have a guess when they may add more dates?
TIA

I'm thinking of booking DAH for HS for Saturday, April 20.
Right now the dates are only listed up till Saturday, April 13. Does anyone have a guess when they may add more dates?
TIA
No one really has any idea but whenever they are released I’m sure someone on here will let others know

I booked a FP for the Frozen show at 7:30 just to kill some time before DAH officially starts and I was wondering, if Frozen ends at around 8:00 will there be enough time to get a decent spot for viewing the star wars fireworks at 8:30? There will just be two of us.

So why does SDD seem to go down so much during DAH? This is the ride to ride at DAH at HS. Makes me nervous to consider buying tickets to one of these events if SDD is going to be down.

So why does SDD seem to go down so much during DAH? This is the ride to ride at DAH at HS. Makes me nervous to consider buying tickets to one of these events if SDD is going to be down.

I only saw that it was down on one night unless I missed something...

Even when it was down our night they got it back up and we still rode it 4 times. I wouldn’t be too worried

Rain in the forecast tonight... we have tickets to DAH, basically to ride SDD since we are offsite and couldn’t get FP. Does SDD tend to close during rain?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter