**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

How good are they about policing people who should be leaving the park? I bought tickets for my wife and two daughters for 3/23. We’re going to do Fantasmic, let people lose their minds over at TSL for a while, and then head over there in the 10 o’clock hour(at least that’s the plan). However, my friend was telling me that if people are still in line when the park closes, the cast members let those without AH tickets stay and get on anyway? I really hope that’s inaccurate.

People are allowed to get into line until the park closes at 8:30pm (for your date), and my understanding is that people aren't "forced" out like they might be for the holiday parties. However after 8:30, the CMs will be checking wristbands before people enter ride lines. Our event night, HS closed at 8pm and the event started at 8:30pm. Our first ride on Star Tours was before 8pm and they did not check our bands, but our second was after 8pm, and they did check bands and were turning another party away. By the time we got to TOT it was during the event time after 8:30, and they were checking everyone's bands and definitely turning people away. In our experience, we were asked to show our bands at every ride all night but I don't know if that is typical.

It’s no different than any other park closing. Guests in line before closing are allowed to ride. It’s one reason I prefer the morning events to the after hour ones, but I don’t see a problem with their long standing policy.
Okay, did not know that was the policy. I don’t think it will be too much of an issue and will clear out eventually, I just have never done any morning or evening events before.

How good are they about policing people who should be leaving the park? I bought tickets for my wife and two daughters for 3/23. We’re going to do Fantasmic, let people lose their minds over at TSL for a while, and then head over there in the 10 o’clock hour(at least that’s the plan). However, my friend was telling me that if people are still in line when the park closes, the cast members let those without AH tickets stay and get on anyway? I really hope that’s inaccurate.

The first two sections of Post #8 provide a 'general' overview of how DAH/end of regular park hours is generally handled: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-faq-discussion-thread.3713652/#post-59898151

BTW, :welcome: to the DIS!

Edit to add... I should clarify, that links goes to the MK DAH thread, but same concepts apply for DHS Disney After Hours.

Last edited:
Okay, did not know that was the policy. I don’t think it will be too much of an issue and will clear out eventually, I just have never done any morning or evening events before.

There was definitely a big crowd floating around after Fantasmic and the fireworks, but they cleared out fairly quickly!

The first two sections of Post #8 provide a 'general' overview of how DAH/end of regular park hours is generally handled

BTW, :welcome: to the DIS!
Thanks! I’ve lurked for a while, but finally felt the need to jump in ha. These boards provide a ton of great, useful info. Our trip is from 3/20-3/30 doing a split at Waldorf and GFV — can’t wait!

There was definitely a big crowd floating around after Fantasmic and the fireworks, but they cleared out fairly quickly!
If starting at Star Wars at 8:30pm, would be be swimming up stream if we head to RnR and ToT around 9pm instead of TSL? Was hoping SDD line would be lower later on if we save until after 10pm but if fighting flow of exiting crowds, maybe not worth the trouble?

If starting at Star Wars at 8:30pm, would be be swimming up stream if we head to RnR and ToT around 9pm instead of TSL? Was hoping SDD line would be lower later on if we save until after 10pm but if fighting flow of exiting crowds, maybe not worth the trouble?

Fantasmic was at 8 and SW fireworks were at 8:30pm on 1/17. We headed from Star Tours to TOT right around 8:30 - we went around the back side of Echo Lake which is probably a slightly longer walk but to avoid the fireworks crowds. Fantasmic was getting out, so we were definitely going upstream of the crowds exiting up Sunset Blvd, but it wasn't too bad. I'm not sure of your date but at 9pm if Fantasmic starts before the fireworks at 8:30pm, I would think there would be time for crowds to clear a bit and I wouldn't think it would be too bad?

KTP just posted a review. He had a great time-accomplished a lot, and met characters. I liked his tour timing, especially because he did characters, which we hope to do as well.

His character pictures are great - love the Olaf and the Buzz ones! I wish my kids would have done some M&Gs with me!

I'm leaning toward doing Fantasmic! before DAH starts. We haven't seen it since 2015 and my daughter doesn't remember it too well. We've seen the Star Wars fireworks multiple times. I just love Movie Magic, so I kind of wanted to see it again.

It just seems F! is the better option for us. My husband wants to do ToT a bunch of times while my daughter and I go meet characters.

KTP just posted a review. He had a great time-accomplished a lot, and met characters. I liked his tour timing, especially because he did characters, which we hope to do as well.

It's interesting that he was let in at 6:00 with his DAH ticket. I wonder if they let him that early because he has an AP, but he also notes that you are allowed in 2 hours before park closing time so it will be interesting to see when people are let in during future events.

Weather is looking bad for tomorrow. I really hope it doesn’t actually storm/rain all night

The more I read about this event, the more I like the sound of it. I hope it's offered when we go over Labor Day week!

Here now. They were holding people without tickets at the gate till 7 and said we couldn't get our wristbands till 6:45 but we got them as soon as we walked over to the Ticket Station (we have aps).

Yeah we are too. The sky looks bad right now and forecast is showing storms again. Stupid Florida weather

This worried me a little when I bought a ticket in advance for the January 19 DHS DAH. But the weather turned out to be excellent all the way through. I suppose it is a calculated risk, like showing up early for Fantasmic! on an evening with dodgy weather and risking a last-minute cancellation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter