**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

This is exactly what I've been wondering about, thanks for posting! So, for a three hour event you spent half that time (1.5 hrs) in line for FOP. That definitely doesn't seem worth the price. Add to that AK is so large and spread out there seems to be a lot of time eaten up by just walking back and forth.

Well, we rode FOP 2xs. About 45min first time, second time was 30. But to do it 3x, yes would have been approx 1.5hrs. And yes...my thoughts exactly just so big with so few attractions, we would have preferred the HS event for the new TS land attractions + RnR and ToT, but those dates didn't work with our trip.

I reaallly don't think I would pay for for this event just for EE. We've ridden EE 3x in a row at park closing on other nights, several times in the past.
We've also been able to do EE over and over at various times during the day. Sometimes as many as 5 times in a row.

Well, we rode FOP 2xs. About 45min first time, second time was 30. But to do it 3x, yes would have been approx 1.5hrs. And yes...my thoughts exactly just so big with so few attractions, we would have preferred the HS event for the new TS land attractions + RnR and ToT, but those dates didn't work with our trip.
We've been able to ride FOP at the end of the evening with a 45 minute wait, posted wait time of 80+ minutes. It does seem close to the wait times with a FP. I was kind of factoring in time to exit the ride and make your way back into the queue with possibly a bathroom or drink break, so I added a few extra minutes when estimating.
Do they post wait times during this event? I'm curious if you can see what the wait times are or if you just have get in line and hope for the best.

I reaallly don't think I would pay for for this event just for EE. We've ridden EE 3x in a row at park closing on other nights, several times in the past.

Really? I didn't know! We've only gone to AK twice before and only in the AM, never at closing time. Maybe on our next trip we'll try the closing time and see if we can swing that. We're going at the end of this month and we're planning on rope dropping AK and seeing how many times we can do EE before the line gets super long. Do they let people ride EE before rope drop like they do the rides for Avatar or just the avatar ones? Anyone know?

We've been able to ride FOP at the end of the evening with a 45 minute wait, posted wait time of 80+ minutes. It does seem close to the wait times with a FP. I was kind of factoring in time to exit the ride and make your way back into the queue with possibly a bathroom or drink break, so I added a few extra minutes when estimating.
Do they post wait times during this event? I'm curious if you can see what the wait times are or if you just have get in line and hope for the best.
Wait times are posted, although I don't remember looking at them for the Pandora rides. EE said 5min everytime.

Our total experience time was 45min (from entering line to exiting), not just waiting to load. FOP just has a long experience time in general with those 2 holding rooms, but I knew that going in. My original plan was to get in 3 rides. 10:30, 11 and right at 11:30p. But with lack of attractions we ended up in pandora sooner than I thought. Then kids were tired of waiting for FOP so they drug us back across the park to EE.
Ideally, you could do more on Dino/EE then go over to Pandora.

Last edited:
We went last night and had a good time. I wrote details and will post later. Rode almost everything three times each. Fop only twice because of 30 minute total time per ride. We went there last so did fop twice and out at 11pm. Rode Navi once ( didn't care to ride more). Food stands were all different. Got bottled drinks at some and cups at others. Popcorn in 16 oz or 12 oz cup and boxes just outside pandora. When we did MK AH last March all were bottled drinks and all popcorn was in standard cardboard popcorn containers. I think they are already downsizing the snacks which isn't cool. I wouldn't do this one again but would still do another MK AH.

Interesting to hear about the snacks. I did AH in MK in September and loved it. I'll be going to next Wednesday's AK AH so will report on my findings too!

Really? I didn't know! We've only gone to AK twice before and only in the AM, never at closing time. Maybe on our next trip we'll try the closing time and see if we can swing that. We're going at the end of this month and we're planning on rope dropping AK and seeing how many times we can do EE before the line gets super long. Do they let people ride EE before rope drop like they do the rides for Avatar or just the avatar ones? Anyone know?

On our last trip I went with my DS on the morning we were leaving. We arrived just after park opening and rode EE twice with no line. We could have probably gone one more time with a short wait. If you go at RD you should be able to ride 3x before there are any real lines.

On our last trip I went with my DS on the morning we were leaving. We arrived just after park opening and rode EE twice with no line. We could have probably gone one more time with a short wait. If you go at RD you should be able to ride 3x before there are any real lines.
We took our niece last March and we went to ee first. We rode it 2 times with no wait. We actually got to the park right when it opened (not even waiting to get in the park) and rode navi first. Everyone goes to fop and it really frees up the rest of the park

I posted a short video on YouTube last night of our Animal Kingdom After Hours. It's basically the short clips and photos I used for Instastory that night and I tried to include times to give others an idea of the times things took. Basically we rode Dinosaur 3x, Everest 3x, Navi River 1x, and Flight of Passage 2x. We arrived at 8:30pm and left at 11pm. I also posted a full review on my blog if anyone wants more detail. Ours was only the 2nd, so I don't know if they are selling more tickets, but for us it was totally worth the money.

Has anyone done ROL while they’re at the event? I’ve never seen it and would like to experience it but not if it’s a super long show. To give you context, I bet we will do Dinosaur, EE, and Pandora ride-wise. We are Passholders so may go in earlier for the safari and drinks/dinner anyway.

I believe ROL is scheduled for 9pm next Weds.

I would love to read your review. Where can I find your blog?
I don't think I'm allowed to advertise it here or even post links. I don't want to loose my Disboards privileges LOL. You should be able to find my video on YouTube fairly easily as the title is Disney After Hours Animal Kingdom (creative I know lol). Theres a link in the description to my blog. I'm not a vlogger, nor do I want to be, so the video is more informative from a time stamp standpoint, but not exciting by any means.

Has anyone done ROL while they’re at the event? I’ve never seen it and would like to experience it but not if it’s a super long show. To give you context, I bet we will do Dinosaur, EE, and Pandora ride-wise. We are Passholders so may go in earlier for the safari and drinks/dinner anyway.

I believe ROL is scheduled for 9pm next Weds.
We watched about 5 minutes of it. My hubby isn't big on any nighttime show, let alone this one. There is plenty of time to watch it though. We got to the park right at 8:30pm and left at 11pm and did everything we wanted and never rushed around.

I don't think I'm allowed to advertise it here or even post links. I don't want to loose my Disboards privileges LOL. You should be able to find my video on YouTube fairly easily as the title is Disney After Hours Animal Kingdom (creative I know lol). Theres a link in the description to my blog. I'm not a vlogger, nor do I want to be, so the video is more informative from a time stamp standpoint, but not exciting by any means.
Thank you :)

Are you Victoria then? That's about all I could find.

Does anyone know if they are being a stickler about the 7pm entry? The safari will be open only until 7 on the day I am going. I heard that they let people in around 6:30 at MK earlier this week, but haven’t heard about getting in that early at AK.

Was at the tuesday event and waited 45 mins on passage. I asked why so long and was told by FOP workers that they only run half of the ride during after hours because there would be many empty seats if they didn't. Didnt really seem like a great answer considering you're charging $130 for a 3 hour event and it's the most popular ride in wdw. So that was disappointing to hear. Otherwise, it was still fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!