Disney’s Magic Band FAQ Link

hey there! i scoured this thread and couldn’t find an answer to this question… does anyone know if all magicband purchase selections on MDE need to be made under the same account? my mother picked out a magicband and asked that i order it for her under my Disney account, but the reservation itself is under my sister’s name/account and i noticed her magicband selection doesn’t show under my account. just want to make sure the order on my account goes through and my mom doesn’t miss out on her selection.
If she has her own MDE account, only she manage her existing MagicBands. You can order MagicBands for a resort reservation you are listed on, even if there are persons listed on the reservation that have their own MDE accounts.

My partner and I have separate MDE accounts and I order our MagicBands when logged on to mine and they appear on his MDE account without issue since our two MDE accounts are linked via the Family & Friends list.

Help! I need advice on what charging station/block(s) to get, ASAP for Prime Days ;) to charge MB+ and all our other electronics in our room at Pop.

We will have:
2 MagicBand+
2 prs wireless ear buds (USB A)
An iphone 11
An iphone 12
A large Anker powerbank.

We have a bunch of very old original magicbands. I've read that the batteries may have stopped working so am I risking not getting ride pictures if we try to wear them? Also, a few of them have a white cloudy film on them, probably from being in chlorinated water. Anyone know how I can make them look better?

We have a bunch of very old original magicbands. I've read that the batteries may have stopped working so am I risking not getting ride pictures if we try to wear them?
Too old and won't automatically link ride photos. If you allow the MDE mobile app on your smartphone to have permission to access Bluetooth, that's another option for automatic ride photo linking.

hey there! i scoured this thread and couldn’t find an answer to this question… does anyone know if all magicband purchase selections on MDE need to be made under the same account? my mother picked out a magicband and asked that i order it for her under my Disney account, but the reservation itself is under my sister’s name/account and i noticed her magicband selection doesn’t show under my account. just want to make sure the order on my account goes through and my mom doesn’t miss out on her selection.
Good Question. We've always had the lead guest on the reservation order bands for the entire party.

I've never tried having a guest with their own MDE account, who isn't the lead guest, order their own band.

We have a bunch of very old original magicbands. I've read that the batteries may have stopped working so am I risking not getting ride pictures if we try to wear them? Also, a few of them have a white cloudy film on them, probably from being in chlorinated water. Anyone know how I can make them look better?
THe older bands, especially the solid color MB1 bands (circa 2014-2015) started to turn "chalky", they almost looked dusty. It was "normal" and happened even with bands we didn't wear swimming.
I have not found anything to "clean" them.

And you're right, the long range battery is likely dead. You could TRY to enable Magic Mobile in the MDE app on your phone to have the auto-linking of ride photos. BUT it was hit or miss when we did it last month. If you try this, keep note of your ride time, and visit the Photo Pass shop in any of the parks, they can look it up and link it.

Help! I need advice on what charging station/block(s) to get, ASAP for Prime Days ;) to charge MB+ and all our other electronics in our room at Pop.

We will have:
2 MagicBand+
2 prs wireless ear buds (USB A)
An iphone 11
An iphone 12
A large Anker powerbank.
Sorry I missed this.. You have 8 devices. Its going to be hard to find something of quality to charge 8 devices. So consider two 4 port chargers or several 3 port chargers.

I carry/use an Anker 736 Charger (Nano II 100W) (Amazon link) It outputs up to 100w total. It has 3 Ports (2 USB-C and 1 USB-A). I used it to charge my MB+, Power Banks, and Samsung Galaxy S22Ultra phone. It also works to charge my laptop if needed.

Of course you'd need more than one, but you can plug the MB+ cable into the USB-A port, use a USB-C to Lightning cable for the iPhones, and depending on the Anker PowerBank's input, either a USB-C to C- cable (Anker 333 works for up to 100watt - Amazon Link), or you'll have to work with a USB-A to Micro cable, and if you have more than 1 device that needs the USB A port you can use one of the following adapters.

I also carry Anker USB C Adapter (2 Pack) (Amazon Link) to connect USB A cables to USB-C ports if I have more than 1 USB-A devices that need to be plugged in at the same time. Like to plug the MB+ charging cable into a USB-C port.

Another option is the Anker 543 Charger (65W II) (Amazon Link). Its max output is only 65 watts, so depending on what you plug in, you might max it out. It has 4 ports total. 2 USB-A (that share up to 15w) and 2 USB-C (one maxes out at 20w, other up to 45w if no other ports are used). Again, you could plug your iPhones in using USB-C to Lightning, and your MB+ to the USB-A port. If you plug your Power Bank into the USB-A port, its going to be really really slow to charge.

Another brand to look at is RavPower and their sub-brands like Alfox. I use some of their 2 port chargers. I haven't tried their 3 or 4 port chargers.

They have an Alfox 100W USB C Charger Block PD 3.0 PC006 (Amazon Link) It outputs up to 100W across 4 ports (1 USB-A, 3 USB-C) BUT there are limits to some of the USB-C ports when multiple ports are in use.

I do own a RAVPower 100W GaN II Generation 2 DUO USB-C Ports PD Series Wall Charger (RP-PC151). It has 2 USB-C ports on it. But between this, the Anker 736, and the Anker USB-C adapters, I was able to charge my phone (Galaxy S22Ultra at 45watt Super Fast 2.0), 3 MagicBand+ and my Power Bank just fine every night.

Last edited:

Does anyone have recent experience with shipping times? I want to get a new MB+ for an upcoming trip at the end of August/beginning of September, so just about a month away. I'm debating whether to go ahead and order now, or wait until it's closer and have the band waiting at the resort.

Does anyone have recent experience with shipping times? I want to get a new MB+ for an upcoming trip at the end of August/beginning of September, so just about a month away. I'm debating whether to go ahead and order now, or wait until it's closer and have the band waiting at the resort.

I just had a defective band reshipped a few weeks before my trip (we leave this coming Sunday). Shipping took a week and it arrived about 2 weeks before we leave. So you should have time to have it shipped without issue.

Ordered ours 5/25. They took 11 days to get to PA, including the holiday.

So if you're not leaving until the end of August, I would think you have enough time for them to be shipped home.

I have searched for an answer to my question, but can't find any info. I am sure it has been asked. and I apologize for the redundance. We were at Disney in May and my husband and I purchased new Magic Band +'s. We are returning in August and would like to use the same bands. Again, we have a package booked like last time, but I don't know how to link my new reservation to my existing band. Any info would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

I have searched for an answer to my question, but can't find any info. I am sure it has been asked. and I apologize for the redundance. We were at Disney in May and my husband and I purchased new Magic Band +'s. We are returning in August and would like to use the same bands. Again, we have a package booked like last time, but I don't know how to link my new reservation to my existing band. Any info would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!
As long as those MBs are still listed as Active in your MDE accounts, and your room reservation and tickets are linked to your MDE accounts, you’re fine. The MBs will work just the same as they did for the first trip. They’re just a key that opens your MDE “treasure chest” and pulls out whatever you need at the moment. The key stays the same for every trip, only the contents of the chest change.

I ordered 3 through MDE on 7/15 for our mid-August trip and they arrived here in PA yesterday, 7/28. Like others have said, you still have time but don't wait too much longer!

I've been managing our MDE for years and now that sharing the account login has become a hassle with the updated security and other measures in place, I want to have my wife and two sons create their own accounts. My question here is, if they create their own accounts will their magic bands transfer to those accounts somehow? I don't see any info about this anywhere and I don't want them to lose access to all their old magic bands since we like to take some of them on our trips and reuse them for old times sake.

Hi All! I love using a MagicBand during our trips to WDW, but I recently started wearing an Apple Watch daily. I'd like to avoid two "watches", so does anyone have any experience wearing an Apple Watch, but having their MB "puck" in a holder on the band? I know that was a pretty normal thing with MB2.0, but I'm specifically curious to hear how it's worked out for those using MB+. I don't really use the full function of it (aka bluetooth connection for games), mostly just entering parks/lightning lanes/pictures, if that helps. I searched and read back several pages, but didn't see a mention... so please point me in the right direction is this has already been discussed and I missed it. Thanks!

I've been managing our MDE for years and now that sharing the account login has become a hassle with the updated security and other measures in place, I want to have my wife and two sons create their own accounts. My question here is, if they create their own accounts will their magic bands transfer to those accounts somehow? I don't see any info about this anywhere and I don't want them to lose access to all their old magic bands since we like to take some of them on our trips and reuse them for old times sake.

After they create their own accounts, you need to go into your MDE F&F list and click each of their names, then click Update Guest. It will give you the option to send an email to the address they used to create their new accounts or to scan their "linking code" if you're physically close enough to do that. Once completed, their MBs, tickets, anything else should transfer to their MDE account.

If you have any problems, feel free to call WDW IT at 407-939-4357. They're very helpful!

Hi All! I love using a MagicBand during our trips to WDW, but I recently started wearing an Apple Watch daily. I'd like to avoid two "watches", so does anyone have any experience wearing an Apple Watch, but having their MB "puck" in a holder on the band? I know that was a pretty normal thing with MB2.0, but I'm specifically curious to hear how it's worked out for those using MB+. I don't really use the full function of it (aka bluetooth connection for games), mostly just entering parks/lightning lanes/pictures, if that helps. I searched and read back several pages, but didn't see a mention... so please point me in the right direction is this has already been discussed and I missed it. Thanks!
Yes, I've done that for years with my MB2. I don't have a MB+ yet, but once I get one I'll order a MB+ puck holder. I've been looking at them since the MB+ came out, and some of them are designed in such a way that the puck can be charged while still in the holder (although that requires the purchase of an adapter from the vendor). You can find them on Etsy and on Amazon, and a general internet search will probably turn up multiple options.

After they create their own accounts, you need to go into your MDE F&F list and click each of their names, then click Update Guest. It will give you the option to send an email to the address they used to create their new accounts or to scan their "linking code" if you're physically close enough to do that. Once completed, their MBs, tickets, anything else should transfer to their MDE account.

If you have any problems, feel free to call WDW IT at 407-939-4357. They're very helpful!
Thanks CarolynFH! I had just done this exact process and came back here to call of the help but you beat me to it. Much appreciated and I'm glad I did the right thing!

Thanks CarolynFH! I had just done this exact process and came back here to call of the help but you beat me to it. Much appreciated and I'm glad I did the right thing!
Actually, I’m glad that YOU came to corroborate my advice! :cutie:

Hi all! I am a big fan of MagicBands but not a huge fan of the plus. I don’t need another thing to remember to charge. We have the ability to buy MagicBands at a discount since we are staying on property, but I’m not loving the bands I see and since we just went last year I don’t NEED to buy my husband a new one (he got a 2 last year, I got a plus) so it wouldn’t really be a great savings since I would be buying two and only needing one.

The point to all this is - are there more Magicband 2 designs in the parks? Would it be unreasonable for me to assume I could go to Disney Springs or our first park and get a Magicband 2 there (obviously would bring my Plus so I could have something until I get the new one). Or are the pickings in person as slim as online because of the Plus?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter